Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Penn Foster?
I'm curious... I've heard about Penn Foster on this forum here and there... but why would you use them if you're attending one of the Big 3? In what scenario might they be used? Thanks!
You save money on a few courses, like Info Lit that Excelsior requires. Excelsior charges more than Penn Foster for the class and Penn Foster's is ACE approved, so you can transfer it to Excelsior.
Lots of cheap, easy, ACE approved courses that can be transferred to any of the big 3.
Be very careful about which courses you take. They have lost ACE credit for many, many courses. Check the ACE website and do NOT take Penn Fosters word for anything regarding ACE. They just took me for $300.
You have to do your research before you apply for a Penn Foster course. So that means look in the ACE guide to see if it is ACE approved. If it is your good to go! If you took a course and Penn Foster lost it's ACE approval for that course, as long as you registered before the ACE expiration deadline you can still add it on your transcript. I took a Penn Foster course which was ACE approved at the time and two months later it expired from ACE. However I was still currently finishing up that class after the deadline, and I finished two months later and still got it on my ACE transcript. I guess they let me add it to my transcript because at the time I signed up for the course it was ACE approved and Penn Foster had no intention of losing it from ACE. If you take a course after the deadline which isn't ACE approved you won't be able to transfer it or put it on your ACE transcript.

Certification (ACA) University of Central Florida
B.A. (Social Sciences) Thomas Edison State University
You might also want to take one of their classes in a subject that you either fail in the test arena, or (like me!) are too scared to even try to test out of.
TESU BSBA - GM, September 2015

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." -- Earl Nightingale, radio personality and motivational speaker
LaterBloomer Wrote:You might also want to take one of their classes in a subject that you either fail in the test arena, or (like me!) are too scared to even try to test out of.

What LaterBloomer said. Principles of Finance was my bane, until I found Penn Foster's Finance Management equivalent. Thank you, Penn Foster!

Now if only they would hurry up and finish their review period and get the courses currently in limbo reapproved.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Penn state's two law schools will be combined into a single law school Imbanewbie 0 523 12-01-2022, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Canadians that lived in foster care, free university cerich67 3 1,254 01-04-2022, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Davissio
  Penn Foster College Ace Credit Expirations okikuma 15 4,191 05-18-2021, 03:29 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Penn Foster Acquired Ashworth sanantone 2 1,461 09-05-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Penn Foster High School Transfer Credits TrailRunr 18 5,886 02-08-2019, 08:08 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Penn Foster HRM210 and Penn Foster discussion boards EI2HCB 2 3,006 12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Last Post: EI2HCB
  Penn Foster Macroeconomics - Proctored? rowan555 4 1,646 04-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Last Post: msganti
  Which Penn Foster class = TESC Strategic management? Can219 18 4,409 03-26-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Art Institute > Penn Foster > TESU HAYDENTREE77 43 8,372 02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Last Post: HAYDENTREE77
  Just took my final exams for a few Penn Foster course and wow ironheadjack 11 13,744 02-18-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL