Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pierpont BOG AAS 2020
I know there are a lot of threads about this but they are outdated.

1. What is the total cost of this? Assuming someone takes one course with them to get a transcript. The minimum is one credit to get a transcript correct? cost including all fees for out of state.

2. Do you have to do a portfolio for ACE? or is it just an ACE transcript? Does anyone know if they accept Sophia?

3. Are there any other institutions that offer this type of degree. I recall there being another in West Virginia.
1) The total cost is just the 1 course that you need to get the transcript It's $488/cr there, and I think they have 1cr courses available.

2) No portfolio - they accept ACE transcripts, and all credits you have on there will count

3) There was one: WVNCC - I got my AAS from there (for free WITH a transcript). But they now have a requirement of 12cr of RA credit (from any RA school) AND a 3cr residency at WVNCC (ORNT 090: First-Year Seminar, kind of a cornerstoe, at $450/cr for out of state, so $1,350 total).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • natshar
(04-18-2020, 05:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: 1) The total cost is just the 1 course that you need to get the transcript  It's $488/cr there, and I think they have 1cr courses available.

2) No portfolio - they accept ACE transcripts, and all credits you have on there will count

3) There was one: WVNCC - I got my AAS from there (for free WITH a transcript).  But they now have a requirement of 12cr of RA credit (from any RA school) AND a 3cr residency at WVNCC (ORNT 090: First-Year Seminar, kind of a cornerstoe, at $450/cr for out of state, so $1,350 total).

Perfect! I have a few friends I"m recommending this to in light of covid. I think they already have 60 credits from a regionally accredited school but if not they can fill the gaps with sophia. $500 for an associate is still a steal.

And I checked they do have 1 credit courses in the summer and even more in the fall.
(04-18-2020, 05:58 PM)natshar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 05:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: 1) The total cost is just the 1 course that you need to get the transcript  It's $488/cr there, and I think they have 1cr courses available.

3) There was one: WVNCC - I got my AAS from there (for free WITH a transcript).  But they now have a requirement of 12cr of RA credit (from any RA school) AND a 3cr residency at WVNCC (ORNT 090: First-Year Seminar, kind of a cornerstoe, at $450/cr for out of state, so $1,350 total).

Perfect! I have a few friends I"m recommending this to in light of covid. I think they already have 60 credits from a regionally accredited school but if not they can fill the gaps with sophia. $500 for an associate is still a steal.

And I checked they do have 1 credit courses in the summer and even more in the fall.

The main issue as I see it is that it's an AAS, not an AS/AA.  Some places will not accept that degree, so I'd be careful getting if before knowing if it will fit my purposes.  It certainly can't hurt, but it just may not be as helpful as you'd think.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-18-2020, 06:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 05:58 PM)natshar Wrote:

The main issue as I see it is that it's an AAS, not an AS/AA.  Some places will not accept that degree, so I'd be careful getting if before knowing if it will fit my purposes.  It certainly can't hurt, but it just may not be as helpful as you'd think.

Well I'm thinking for employment purposes any associate degree of any kind looks better than 2 years of college that you dropped out of. I know some people in that boat. They have about 60 credits but have no interest in going back to school paying a bunch of money or taking a bunch of classes. This can help this advance professionally quickly and easily. Something to put on a resume. Personally, this AAS would look better on a resume than a 2-year college drop out. But that is my opinion and I don't hire people so idk.

Also, I have a friend who will have 60 credits from a 4-year university by the end of this semester.  If the university she goes to continues online for the fall will drop out or take time off school. I suggested this option to her if that happens as a contingency and she loved the idea. Even just for the sake of finishing, say she never goes back to school she will have a diploma to show for her efforts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • ss20ts
(04-18-2020, 06:26 PM)natshar Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The main issue as I see it is that it's an AAS, not an AS/AA.  Some places will not accept that degree, so I'd be careful getting if before knowing if it will fit my purposes.  It certainly can't hurt, but it just may not be as helpful as you'd think.

Well I'm thinking for employment purposes any associate degree of any kind looks better than 2 years of college that you dropped out of. I know some people in that boat. They have about 60 credits but have no interest in going back to school paying a bunch of money or taking a bunch of classes. This can help this advance professionally quickly and easily. Something to put on a resume. Personally, this AAS would look better on a resume than a 2-year college drop out. But that is my opinion and I don't hire people so idk.

Also, I have a friend who will have 60 credits from a 4-year university by the end of this semester.  If the university she goes to continues online for the fall will drop out or take time off school. I suggested this opinion to her if that happens and she loved the idea. Even just for the sake of finishing, say she never goes back to school she will have a diploma to show for her efforts.

Generally, employers won't care about an associates degree.  And, if you went to college and dropped out, that wouldn't be on your resume at all.

I'd say that it can't hurt, but won't help MUCH.  I probably wouldn't pay $500 for it, but some people might think it's worth it.  I only did it myself because it was free (I wanted to see if I could get it back when you could), and I've never put it on my resume - even when I didn't have my BS.  There wasn't a single job I ever applied to where an AAS was asked for (once in a while I'd see a low-level accounting job where they wanted an AS in Accounting or Business, but never a general AA/AS/AAS).
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ChilliDawg, natshar
(04-18-2020, 06:31 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:18 PM)dfrecore Wrote: The main issue as I see it is that it's an AAS, not an AS/AA.  Some places will not accept that degree, so I'd be careful getting if before knowing if it will fit my purposes.  It certainly can't hurt, but it just may not be as helpful as you'd think.

Also, I have a friend who will have 60 credits from a 4-year university by the end of this semester.  If the university she goes to continues online for the fall will drop out or take time off school. I suggested this opinion to her if that happens and she loved the idea. Even just for the sake of finishing, say she never goes back to school she will have a diploma to show for her efforts.

Generally, employers won't care about an associates degree.  And, if you went to college and dropped out, that wouldn't be on your resume at all.

I'd say that it can't hurt, but won't help MUCH.  I probably wouldn't pay $500 for it, but some people might think it's worth it.  I only did it myself because it was free (I wanted to see if I could get it back when you could), and I've never put it on my resume - even when I didn't have my BS.  There wasn't a single job I ever applied to where an AAS was asked for (once in a while I'd see a low-level accounting job where they wanted an AS in Accounting or Business, but never a general AA/AS/AAS).

Good points. I will keep those things in mind for my friends.

But I'm confused because you went to college for 2 years and dropped out and didn't list it on your resume at all, wouldn't it look like you had no education? Wouldn't, in that case, having an AAS be worth it and look better on a resume to have something under the education section. Make it look like you finished a degree. idk.

I think for my friend (and lots others I know like her who dropped out after 2 years) if they spent thousands of dollars on a college education and nothing show for it, it might nice to have some sort of degree. Especially if it requires little cost or work. Kind makes the thousands of dollars spent on a degree less of waste and least they finished something for the money. Maybe these people could even go the free route with no transcript just to have something to hang on their wall for the two years they put in. 

I kind of agree honestly I know what you mean about jobs. My associates haven't helped me a ton in terms of employment. 

However, it used to be the case that in my state to substitute teach you to need an associate's degree in any subject of any kind. Now I think it is just 60 college credits or an associate's degree. Also if you work the school district you are highly qualified para-pro of classroom aid if you have an associate. The school district is more likely to hire someone with an associate's degree than someone without one. And I know that from personal experience and talking to the people who hire people there.

Also, I did apply for job that was a grant-funded position. This particular job required an associate's degree. This was the only job I've ever applied for that required an associate's degree.
(04-18-2020, 06:43 PM)natshar Wrote:

But I'm confused because you went to college for 2 years and dropped out and didn't list it on your resume at all, wouldn't it look like you had no education? Wouldn't, in that case, having an AAS be worth it and look better on a resume to have something under the education section. Make it look like you finished a degree. idk.
I've never heard of anyone putting "went to college for 2 years and dropped out" on their resume.  You either have a degree, certificate, whatever, or not.  Just going to school doesn't count for anything. I went to school for more than 2 years, and never had it on my resume.  It never stopped me from working.
I WOULD say that I was a current student if I was though - with an expected graduation date if they were looking for that.  But not that I had gone to school and just never finished.
(04-18-2020, 06:52 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-18-2020, 06:43 PM)natshar Wrote:

I've never heard of anyone putting "went to college for 2 years and dropped out" on their resume.  You either have a degree, certificate, whatever, or not.  Just going to school doesn't count for anything. I went to school for more than 2 years, and never had it on my resume.  It never stopped me from working.
I WOULD say that I was a current student if I was though - with an expected graduation date if they were looking for that.  But not that I had gone to school and just never finished.

Yeah exactly. That is what I was trying to say, you wouldn't list. That is why I'm saying wouldn't having a BOG AAS having a benefit someone for employment purpose because then there could be something under the education section of a resume instead of nothing there and not having one. Especially for young people with a not that impressive a work history. Wouldn't an AAS add value? Idk like I said I don't hire people but I think it would.
I got an associates from there in the mail out of nowhere. Have no idea if it has any value.

To be honest now in days you can lie and say you got a degree and no one checks for the most part. Specially an associates, those type of degrees are after thoughts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 386 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 166 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 362 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 549 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 549 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,472 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,211 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 882 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,229 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM