Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please help with TESU BSBA CIS/ BA CS/ ASNSM Math c/o 21'?
Hello all! Can someone please help me with degree planning and ordering my courses in the most advantageous way due to information overlap or classes being "unofficial prerequisites" for the next class? 

I am diligently working towards my BSBA CIS/ BA CS/ ASNSM Math at TESU. Eventually I would like to learn more about & delve into the neuro tech field. I also really want to learn how to create "Machine Learning AI Robotic systems that can help disabled/handicapped individuals with everyday life" as I have family & friends who would benefit greatly from my work. 

I have read the Beginners Guide & the Wiki. I understand the RA credit requirement & the Residency Waiver.

I would like to know what the fastest/easiest combo with the residency waiver would be for me? I want to finish my degree ASAP and am blessed to have time to dedicate to it now. I am self pay but I might opt for the student loans so cheap is lowest on my totem pole of priorities (I'm also frugal so not too expensive though lol). I have attached my academic evaluations for both the BSBA & BA degrees. I haven’t added the ASNSM to TESU yet.

I have 24 RA credits from previous studies. All 24 RA credits have been applied to my BS CS but only 21 RA credits have been applied to my BSBA CIS. 

Unfortunately, Credly isn’t showing that I also have taken all of the TEEX Cybersecurity, Death Investigation, & Basic Property Technician courses. They were all on my old ACE transcript but the transition doesn’t show their badges. It only shows my CSM Learn course so I'm forced to wait to see where those courses will be applied. I am also waiting for my Security+ certification to be applied (my completion date is within the applicable date ranges on the TESU/CompTIA page). 

I would also like advice on the AOS Computer Science courses especially the Network TECEP because I am not super techy or a coder; however, I'm a quick study who's eager to learn so I'm looking for study guides, books, websites, study hacks, etc to use as I take the courses to help me retain it all quickly. I have a Quizlet for my flash cards, Sophia (yearly special) & SL memberships right now. Please advise the next best steps?

Thank you for your time & all the stellar information that you've shared thus far! Have a blessed day all!

.pdf   TESU BA CS Academic Evaluation.pdf (Size: 1.04 MB / Downloads: 31)

.pdf   TESU BSBA CIS Academic Evaluation.pdf (Size: 993.65 KB / Downloads: 22)
Looking at your evaluations, I would suggest you take the English Comp II TECEP. This will be the fastest, cheapest (and probably easiest) way to add 3 more RA credits to your BSBA degree. I don't believe that the Network Technology will apply to the BSBA.

Otherwise, you can follow the roadmap here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap you can take all the alt courses that don't duplicate what you've already done. For instance, you have Macroeconomics so you can skip that at Sophia but you still need Microeconomics.

For the ASNSM, there are a bunch of math classes on SDC so that is easy enough to get. Plus, you should consider TEL Learning's Quantitative Analysis @ York College (5 credits) and CSMLearn. Depending on how they bring in York College's math, you might also want to take the Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics TECEP. These three options would bring you to 11 of the required 13 math electives, 8 of which would be RA. With the cornerstone, and all the other RA credit you already have, you would more than cover the 15 required RA credits for an Associate's degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
You have all of the RA credits that you need for the CS degree, and just need 1 more RA course for the BSBA/CIS degree, so you can make it anything (I'd probably choose the English Comp II TECEP if you are a proficient typist and writer).

Do the Sophia thing, that's the easiest to start with and will get you a lot of credits for not too much money.

Then Study.com will do most of the rest you need, I think.

I would also start with the BSBA/CIS, then the ASNSM, then BACS - that way, if something happens and you can only complete a single degree, you have 1 done and can stop (and then re-start the other 2 if need be later). The worst thing to do is partially complete each degree, because if life happens in 6 months, you don't have anything to show for it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I have the CSMLearn but I will definitely add the ASNSM Math courses that you listed. Thank you rachel83az!

Youre right, life definitely does happen & I dont want any incomplete degrees. I'm super determined so the BSBA>ASNSM>BA sounds like a plan! Thank you dfrecore!
Definitely also consider Finite Math at Olivet Nazarene: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...RA-credits That would be another 3 RA credits of math for almost as cheap as SDC!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
AWESOME! I'm on it! Thank you so much for always finding & thoughtfully sharing rachel83az!
Yes the BSBA CIS & BA Comp Sci are great options, do some TECEPS for your general education requirements that will go into both the BACS and BSBA CIS. My only question is, are you thinking of taking 16 credits for residency or are you going to pay the residency waiver fee? If you are thinking of doing the 16 credits for residency, then you just need 15 credits worth combined from RA sources such as TEL Learning/TECEPs or whichever provider you want.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I was really on the fence about paying the residency waiver fee but now I'm going to just try to take the credits instead so thank you so much bjcheung77!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 3 111 Yesterday, 01:53 PM
Last Post: abriden
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 55 1,760 04-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: crowbird
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 374 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 449 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 1,010 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 772 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 225 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Tired of being bad at math and looking to enroll in online math classes for credit xor 9 566 02-26-2024, 12:32 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,364 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Course/Degree Planning - Liberal Studies, BA - TESU drp16 4 440 01-31-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: drp16