Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Interview Test
I have the opportunity to take a pre-interview test that might lead to an interview. It is for a Computer Technician I position for a medium sized city. What are some of the questions that I would expect to be on this test? I have researched some of the possible general knowledge questions. Also, I have found some basic IT questions. Will there be other IT-related questions that I could expect on this test?

Thank you!
Respect Yourself and Respect others.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Principle of Statistics
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
I would probably just analyze the job description. A couple of google searches later: (searched for "computer technician i" job description)

Colorado Judicial Branch - Jobs - Descriptions

EDJOIN Job Description / Essential Elements

Maybe this will help.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Thanks! I have already searched the job description.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
Unfortunately without them telling you anything else that is really all there is to go on. I read descriptions ranging from "A+ and Net+ certified" to "breathing." So it really depends on the job itself I guess.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I thought about asking more questions, but I was not sure at the time if that was a good idea. Since, I am A+ and Network+ certified; I should be able to understand most of the technical questions that will be on the test. Also, I feel that I am as well prepared for this test as possible.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
In that case don't fret it just take it! Remember all things work together for good!
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Thank you! I am thankful that I usually excel at taking tests.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
Well, I must have done well on those tests because I have an interview.

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS
CONGRATS!!!!! hilarious
[SIZE=2]CLEPs: A&I Lit - 62, [/SIZE]College Algebra - 54, [SIZE=2]College Comp - 55, [/SIZE]Intro Sociology -59, [SIZE=2]College Math -67, [/SIZE]Intro Psychology -66, Western Civ I-56, Social Sciences and History - 60, Human Growth and Development -60, Introduction to Educational Psychology - 65, Natural Sciences - 54
DSST:Technical Writing -60, Introduction to Computing - 60, Intro to World Religions - 435
[SIZE=2]Courses: Comparative Worldviews -3 credits, Social Justice -3 credits, Leadership Theory and Practice - 3 credits, Leadership Management and Communications - 3 credits
Total Credit - 69

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12

"Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life." Proverbs 4:13

"For wisdom is better than
rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it." Proverbs 8:11
[/SIZE]
Thank you!

Passed
DSST Technical Writing
DSST Astronomy
DSST MIS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Speed Reading Test. NOBODY Can Pass Level 10 LevelUP 0 485 04-10-2023, 12:27 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Do You Have ADHD? Here's A Test LevelUP 7 760 02-08-2023, 03:22 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Problems posting test scores sparky134 0 536 05-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: sparky134
  Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter Tips natshar 3 1,072 08-01-2019, 08:30 AM
Last Post: natshar
  Physics GRE Subject Test Does Not Predict PhD Completion sanantone 10 2,125 02-01-2019, 09:10 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Weird interview questions Sparklette 10 2,421 03-23-2018, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Sparklette
  Earned a $120 Amazon Gift Card by Completing an Interview sanantone 3 1,698 05-18-2017, 11:27 PM
Last Post: varJosh
  Is there a time limit when completing your clep test? Clarebugg 12 3,889 12-19-2016, 02:30 AM
Last Post: desireelws50
  DSST Test center open on Sundays in Maryland subhuman 0 1,085 09-24-2016, 05:18 PM
Last Post: subhuman
  Job Interview Story Inteljustice2 4 1,370 08-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77