Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems registering on the "sister" website
Has anyone else had problems registering on the "sister" website? I tried registering last night, for the second time, and got stuck in the same loop. The system says it sent a confirmation email, but the confirmation email never shows up. I have tried switching email addresses and having the confirmation re-sent, but still never receive it. I was going to try to message one of the moderators about the issue, but the system will not even allow me to do that. If anyone has one of the moderators email address they could send me to get this worked out, or maybe can tell them to check the recent registrations, I would be grateful!

Thanks!
MBA, Walden University (In progress - 60% done)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
Hey SweetSecret - You can always Private Message both of these members: Maniac Craniac and SteveFoerster
Just send a message asking/inquiring about the issue. In fact, just copy/paste your message into a PM to them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That's the thing, until my email is confirmed the system isn't letting me message anyone.
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
LOL, I should have been more clear. Private Message them both on this board since you couldn't sign up.
They are members of both boards, even though they aren't moderators of this particular one...

(10-25-2020, 11:09 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL, I should have been more clear.  Private Message them both on this board since you couldn't sign up.  
They are members of both boards, even though they aren't moderators of this particular one...

Kizmet and who else? I think there are like six moderators.

Thanks for that information, it is super helpful!
Hopefully you already have your issue resolved or have someone looking into it by now. 

But No, you can't private message Kizmet on this board as I don't think she has an account here...  I'm not sure if you got my first reply, the two people to private message is Maniac Craniac and SteveFoerster as they both are moderators of DegreeInfo and both have accounts on here as well.  If you're still having issues, I suggest PM them both as they are "regularly" on, vs other moderators.

I did a quick lookup on the board stats, this is what I see.  Your best bet in fact are the two I mentioned as Kizmet hasn't been on for a few months.  I'm not sure if she's going to be back at all, and that was or may be one of the reasons SteveFoerster was bumped up and promoted to Moderator.

DegreeInfo Administrator
Chip was last seen: Oct 3, 2020

DegreeInfo Moderators
airtorn was last seen: Apr 5, 2020
Bruce was last seen: Sep 28, 2020
Kizmet was last seen: Apr 15, 2020
**Maniac Craniac was last seen: Today at 3:22 AM**
Randell1234 was last seen: Nov 19, 2019
**SteveFoerster was last seen: Today at 4:57 AM**
SurfDoctor was last seen: Jan 2, 2020
Ted Heiks was last seen: Thursday at 10:05 PM

I also compared them to DegreeForum, hmm... interesting... I wonder if DF needs another moderator.
I've been noticing many new members on both boards, it's great, more people working on their educational goals.

DegreeForum Administrator
sgloer     10-19-2020, 07:46 AM

DegreeForum Moderators
Merlin <online right a few minutes ago>
ShotoJuku     Yesterday, 11:51 AM
rebel100     04-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Old Rusty Pipe     02-21-2018, 09:47 AM

Merlin and ShokuJoku are both pretty active here. We don't need a ton of moderators as long as everything is getting done.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Seems like some are getting confused as to which board is which. Big Grin

I can forward the message to Chip. He's the owner/operator of DegreeInfo and can work out whatever tech glitch seems to be the problem.

Just one thing first: have you checked your spam/junk folder for the DegreeInfo confirmation message?
SMS, SGB, GEN, NG, TG16, NES, SNES

[Image: ccoDZ6X.png]

(10-26-2020, 03:07 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I also compared them to DegreeForum, hmm... interesting... I wonder if DF needs another moderator.
I've been noticing many new members on both boards, it's great, more people working on their educational goals.

DegreeForum Administrator
sgloer     10-19-2020, 07:46 AM

DegreeForum Moderators
Merlin <online right a few minutes ago>
ShotoJuku     Yesterday, 11:51 AM
rebel100     04-18-2018, 02:54 PM
Old Rusty Pipe     02-21-2018, 09:47 AM

Well, as you can see rebel100 and OldRustyPipe really don't come around anymore, so we should probably just take them off the list of mods.

As for active mods, I'm on at least once a day (usually more like 2-3 times per day) and ShotoJuku is on at least a few times a week. SGloer jumps in at least once a week or so... more often if something comes up that needs his attention. He doesn't really do any moderating though, he mostly handles issues with the site itself.

Luckily we're not really having any issues keeping up with moderation on this forum right now. Things had gotten bad for a while in 2018, which is when I was brought on board to help out.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • Johndmabryjr, rachel83az
(10-26-2020, 08:49 AM)Maniac Craniac Wrote: Seems like some are getting confused as to which board is which. Big Grin

I can forward the message to Chip. He's the owner/operator of DegreeInfo and can work out whatever tech glitch seems to be the problem.

Just one thing first: have you checked your spam/junk folder for the DegreeInfo confirmation message?

Yes, I checked the spam folders. Initially tried registering with a Yahoo email and nothing came through in any of the folders. Then I tried switching to my Gmail and still no luck. I am not sure though if the system wanted me to still confirm my Yahoo email before actually allowing the switch to Gmail. I am also wondering if it's maybe a coding glitch that occurred at some point, or if the sister site's domain got blacklisted at some point. I had tried to register before and recall this being an issue, but I thought it would be resolved by now.

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website Building Alpha 10 963 06-11-2022, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Problems posting test scores sparky134 0 527 05-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Last Post: sparky134
  Showcase your portfolio website! bjcheung77 1 627 03-14-2021, 03:36 AM
Last Post: asianphd
  Microsoft Azure Status Website bjcheung77 0 577 09-28-2020, 07:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Did this website just drastically change? MNomadic 19 2,781 03-04-2019, 12:19 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Sad Toxic Younger Sister 2L8 40 8,941 06-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Perfect Studying Website? DefaultUser 20 3,358 07-04-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: adrianeraldo
  homeschool resources for middle schooler with dyslexia & memory problems rvm 17 3,933 04-18-2017, 12:43 PM
Last Post: originalamyj
  Degreeinfo - Is the sister forum down for good? bjcheung77 10 5,934 09-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Is there a website that shows episode content? Prloko 11 2,869 08-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Last Post: davewill