Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toxic Younger Sister
(06-19-2018, 07:06 PM)2L8 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 06:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 03:48 PM)2L8 Wrote:
(06-19-2018, 02:29 PM)makarioso Wrote: Pls don't give up. life would always throw knocks at you but always remember that after the rain comes the rainbow and its beautiful. there's always light at the end of the tunnel. pls seek professional help, suicide is not an option, you have a lot to offer the world don't let that be taken away from you because of your sister's actions. one thing that always help me cope in difficult situation is FAITH in God, knowing that someone loves me even when i don't love myself or others don't love me. You are loved by Jesus regardless of your situation pls just hang on and trust him to put the pieces back together beautifully. Jesus Loves you unconditionally.
  Hello , everyone speaks on that but it's seems hard. I'm still hanging onto god but to be honest I believe in god but I don't believe prayer truly works.

That may be because you've learned the wrong thing about prayer.  It's not supposed to "work" in that it gets you what you want, it "works" because in praying, you draw closer to God.  Everything about Christianity (doing good deeds as the hands and feet of Jesus, prayer, tithing, going to church) is about your relationship with God, not about those things in an of themselves.

You've been given plenty of great advice here, but I think you're not doing the things people say.  I'm not certain why, but I think you do need professional help - a school counselor is equipped to deal with the problems you're facing.  Your local church might be a good place to try as well.  One that focuses on the bible, and having a relationship with God.

Good luck to you.

Since looking back onto this thread from the past few days I came to the grips that I'm also to blame for my problem. I give it too much energy , instead I'll ignore the tactics as best as I can because a reaction is wanted and if I give it it'll be going on forever. When it comes to the professional help I go in Friday. As for everyone I thank you for the advice and I'm very sorry to have annoyed you with a situation like this.

1 - GREAT! PLEASE follow through on talking to the professional. And, give it a chance. No one likes being told stuff, I certainly don't. But don't take it as nagging or obvi, try to hear it from the perspective of a friend who wants the best for you.

2 - I don't think 'blame' is an appropriate usage of the term there. Consider looking at it as 'responsibility', and not 'blame'. Blame is finding fault in a broken system. Responsibility means that at the end of the day, you are the only one that can steer your ship.

Example - ever watch reality TV? One person is wigged out over a challenge, but the next person is totally cool with it? The only, only, only difference is attitude.

It is very, very easy to allow things to steal your daily focus. Annoying stuff like tapping pencils on the desk, or chewing with their mouth open, or repetitious work. Some days you glide through, other days.... it's like torture. If you choose to focus on your problems, all you're gonna see today are your problems.

You ever been sick, but watch a movie or hear a great song, and momentarily forget how bad you feel? If you have, you have the skills to manually point your focus. You just have to learn how to use it.

All of this is easy for me to say way over here behind my keyboard. Much harder in person, and triply so as a young person. (Old people have already been through so much, so often; they don't fret as much about what's coming next or what's going to happen to them, and we don't have all those hormones coursing through our bodies anymore. But we still remember it).

I don't think you're bothering anyone here. If you are, they're welcome to not participate. It was kind of you to think about our feelings in this matter, though. And I (and, I suspect a few others) are glad to hear about your progress, and make no mistake, I clearly see progress.

lastly, to echo others; some of the best things God has ever done for me, is tell me 'no'. lol Learning to be patient in Him is a right pain in the butt, but it pays off dividends. You're being tested right now. You had a blip with your suicide attempt. Take a breath and get back up.

And, please, please really think through suicide. The problem is you live in America, with some of the best pre-hospital and long-term health care available on the planet. The danger isn't in dying, it's in waking up a vegetable for the rest of your life, having to rely on someone to wipe your butt, and feed you, and roll you around so you don't get sunburned on one side of your face.

I've seen over three dozen suicide attempts, and probably a dozen completed ones; maybe a few more. Watching people struggle after shooting, gassing, and car crashing themselves in an attempt to die is heartbreaking. You don't need to borrow problems into your life; take a breath and start learning to manage the existing ones!

Best wishes, sorry I've not been in sooner, I've had a couple of medical issues of my own to deal with.

Persist, in SPITE of them!!! Smile
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

[-] The following 1 user Likes High_Order1's post:
  • leland.kirk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Problems registering on the "sister" website SweetSecret 12 1,988 06-21-2022, 02:02 PM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Degreeinfo - Is the sister forum down for good? bjcheung77 10 5,934 09-15-2016, 11:31 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Please help me talk some sense into my sister! sanantone 38 6,620 06-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone