Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Management Overlap study.com/Sophia
Has anyone been able to get LL Project management from Sophia and UL credit from Study.com For people who look for this kind of classes that might be helpful.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Yes, if you want to do that, you can. A potentially better option would be to skip the Sophia one and instead get the Google Project Management certificate. You get the same LL course number as the Sophia course, plus 3 UL courses:

MAN-235 - Google/Sophia
MAN-435 - Study.com
MAN-437 - Google
MAN-438 - Google

Not everyone will need or want so many PM courses on their transcript, but it's a good option for those who do.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • vintage_jacket
(08-12-2022, 12:39 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, if you want to do that, you can. A potentially better option would be to skip the Sophia one and instead get the Google Project Management certificate. You get the same LL course number as the Sophia course, plus 3 UL courses:

MAN-235 - Google/Sophia
MAN-435 - Study.com
MAN-437 - Google
MAN-438 - Google

Not everyone will need or want so many PM courses on their transcript, but it's a good option for those who do.
Thank you and since I'm doing these already I was just curious how they transfer in as. I have Sophia almost done and the google is underway. For me, I am just documenting what I already know, and moving on to the PMI exam.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
You could also take Saylor's Project Management exam, which transfers in as MAN-435.
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
I was just looking at BUS402: Project Management on Saylor. Am I correct that I can just take the 2 hr test and bypass the material? Then pay the $5 to take the final credit?
Yes, you can completely bypass the material if you're secure in your knowledge. Since you are preparing for the PMI exam, the Saylor exam might be easy. I would suggest doing the practice test first, though. If you score ~90% on it, you should be ready for the final.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(08-12-2022, 07:54 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, you can completely bypass the material if you're secure in your knowledge. Since you are preparing for the PMI exam, the Saylor exam might be easy. I would suggest doing the practice test first, though. If you score ~90% on it, you should be ready for the final.

Thank you - I like that very much :-)
Yeah I think that's a great plan, If you're about done with the Sophia.org course, just finish it for the ACE, then go for the Google and Sophia.org, bypassing the Study.com costs and duplicate/overlapping credits with Study.com...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-12-2022, 07:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah I think that's a great plan, If you're about done with the Sophia.org course, just finish it for the ACE, then go for the Google and Sophia.org, bypassing the Study.com costs and duplicate/overlapping credits with Study.com...

You mean Sayor right?
(08-12-2022, 10:11 PM)vetvso Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 07:01 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yeah I think that's a great plan, If you're about done with the Sophia.org course, just finish it for the ACE, then go for the Google and Sophia.org, bypassing the Study.com costs and duplicate/overlapping credits with Study.com...

You mean Sayor right?

Yeah, I meant Saylor.org and typed Sophia.org twice. Essentially this...

MAN-235 - Google/Sophia
MAN-435 - Study.com > Change to Saylor.org
MAN-437 - Google
MAN-438 - Google
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 320 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Operations Management Cert Add-on Dosada 2 189 03-26-2024, 05:20 AM
  Sophia to TESU Carnation 3 498 12-27-2023, 05:49 PM
  Troubles with Sophia Transfer (Science & History) poisonedapple 5 622 12-27-2023, 11:34 AM
Last Post: poisonedapple
  How often Study.com transcript to TESU? Carnation 3 473 12-09-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com Digital Marketing No Longer UL After Nov 1st LevelUP 12 991 12-05-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 870 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  Study.com Transfer to TESU Questions Carnation 14 1,638 11-01-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Area of Study Course Appeal resistk 13 971 10-06-2023, 12:21 PM
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 2,426 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Last Post: davewill