Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about transfering from TUI
Hello guys,

First off, thanks for a great forum with lots of info!

I am a LEO and looking to finish up my Bachelors. I graduated from a CA communiy college with 2 Associates (business admin and Management) I also have about 15 units of criminal justice classes.

I have also taken 4 classes or 16 units at TUI (now Trident University Interational) which is a RA 4 year school.

My degree plan at Trident says they allowed 88 units to transfer towards a BA in business (degree completion). I only needed 8 classes to finish- now only 4 to go...(Principles of marketing, international business, strategic managment, capstone course)

However, with recent news of Trident accredidation and them lying to be about being able to have TUI and not Trident on my diploma when I started, I prefer not to continue with them!

I have been looking into the big three schools- However, I'm lost where to start.

I want the quickest way to graduate from one of them- does anyone have an idea of how my situation might pan out transfer wise?
ebwhite Wrote:However, with recent news of Trident accredidation and them lying to be about being able to have TUI and not Trident on my diploma when I started, I prefer not to continue with them!

I have been looking into the big three schools- However, I'm lost where to start.

I want the quickest way to graduate from one of them- does anyone have an idea of how my situation might pan out transfer wise?

The degreeinfo.com forums have an entire thread in their accreditation section discussing this. Needless to say, the situation with TUI is a mess. In a nutshell, TUI had enrolled several students without properly verifying student record information. When TUI found out about it, they did not inform WASC (the regional accreditation agency TUI belongs to). WASC found out about this and has issued a show cause order to TUI. TUI must show WASC why they should continue to remain accredited by WASC or WASC will pull their accreditation status. The rumors on the degreeinfo.com board are that the school (which is privately run and a subsidiary of a larger corporation with multiple other business entities) will close shop rather than fight to retain accreditation.

What does all this mean? Well, the credits earned so far are regionally accredited. If the school closes, WASC should retain a record of the dates of operation and any other school should be able to verify that the work completed while the school was open is accredited work. The school may have an agreement in place prior to closing with another school so that the other school will grant credit transfer in total. What school that may be is unclear.

TESC, Excelsior and COSC will likely accept the TUI credits in transfer. What is unclear is how your credits will map to their degree plans. Since degree plans vary from school to school, you will most likely have to make up some credits to meet TESC, Excelsior, or COSC requirements. Only an evaluation will give you an accurate picture of how those credits may fall.

I wish you the best of luck. It's a bad situation and I really hope this works out for you.
Yes, I was aware of the situation. I honestly did like TUI but now with the problems and the different stories i hear, I find it more important to get my final degree from a college with better name recognition...Even if it means taking another class or two... I know several of my TUI classes will transfer as they are RA accred.

As for my current TUI degree plan: (only upper div. business classes, no GE classes were required)

Degree Plan for Erik:

Classes needed to graduate:

MKT301 Principles of Marketing
BUS401 International Business
BUS499 BSBA Integrative Project
MGT499 Strategic Management

Core Courses Taken at TUI:

OPM300 Intro. to Operations Mgmt.
ETH301 Business Ethics
MGT302 Org. Behavior and Teamwork
BUS306 Quantitative Reasoning

3/31/11 degree plan updated based upon official Glendale CC - AN

Transferred:
ACC403 4
BUS205 4
BUS303 4
BUS305 4
CJA301 4
COM301 4
FIN301 4
HIS101 4
HUM100 4
HUM100 4
HUM100 4
HUM100 4
ITM301 4
LIB100 4
LIB100 4
LIB100 4
LIB100 4
LIB100 4
LIB100 4
LIB100 4
MGT301 1
MGT301 3
SVC101 4
Total: 88

Which of the big three has a more flexible transfers for BA in business degree completion?
I would suggest applying to TESC and getting an evaluation from them because you do not have to take a course with them to get a BSBA. BTW, take the Principles of Marketing CLEP- it's easy and it's a requirement for all of the Big Three. With TESC, you can take their Business Policy TECEP exam for the capstone (probably what you refer to as Strategic Management).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU BALS and Questions TexasTink 20 4,984 09-06-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: TexasTink
  TESU BALS w/Concentration questions shadowgem 0 1,704 08-24-2018, 12:40 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Need clarification.. Sorry for the newbie questions NoThesis 8 1,981 08-23-2018, 03:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,588 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU First Year Foundations & More Questions Lewis.Yim 8 2,917 06-24-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Lewis.Yim
  questions for my friend's son maplefu 4 1,297 05-22-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: maplefu
  Questions about ICCP exams - Calling all IT/MIS Students gus 31 8,888 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How to get TESU to answer my questions and look at my transcripts? (Discouraged) camjenks 5 1,613 04-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Muldoon
  TESU and Study.com partnership/discount specific questions Tripletmom 9 3,344 04-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Joeman200
  TESU Academic Eval (Questions - Help Please) Gloddy 6 2,069 03-17-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Gloddy