Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RED ALERT! TESU & Sophia Problem?
(03-30-2020, 09:29 AM)SophiaLearning Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:41 PM)SCYankee Wrote: I hope this isn't one of those situations where I regret not having jumped before my chance disappeared. Namely, I was accepted to TESU, but haven't enrolled yet as I didn't want to be tied into TECEPS to stay in.

And if they sever an agreement, all my lovely Sophia courses will be flushed...  Cry 

I'm gonna stay strong until I hear different, but my sleep will suffer.

Hello from Sophia!  Our courses will continue to be accepted and transferable to TESU as before.  Transferability has not changed.  

However, the process is a bit different.  Instead of the partner page (tesu.sophia.org), please create your account on http://www.sophia.org.  During this time of crisis, all courses are free until July 31, 2020.  We hope this helps keep the pathway to your degree on track.

Go forth and prosper!
Hi there
Thank you for update. Its amazing opportunity to take these courses for free. I have one question.
If i will enroll in free course on July30 but I will take exam after July31, is it still free?
Thank you so much
(03-30-2020, 10:13 AM)Cofffeee Wrote:
(03-24-2020, 04:41 PM)SCYankee Wrote: I hope this isn't one of those situations where I regret not having jumped before my chance disappeared. Namely, I was accepted to TESU, but haven't enrolled yet as I didn't want to be tied into TECEPS to stay in.

And if they sever an agreement, all my lovely Sophia courses will be flushed...  Cry 

Hello from Sophia!  Our courses will continue to be accepted and transferable to TESU as before.  Transferability has not changed.  

However, the process is a bit different.  Instead of the partner page (tesu.sophia.org), please create your account on http://www.sophia.org.  During this time of crisis, all courses are free until July 31, 2020.  We hope this helps keep the pathway to your degree on track.

Go forth and prosper!
Hi there
Thank you for update. Its amazing opportunity to take these courses for free. I have one question.
If i will enroll in free course on July30 but I will take exam after July31, is it still free?
Thank you so much
You do not need to complete the course by July 31st, only register.  Our hope is that this offering will help keep students on track to achieving their dreams of a higher education degree!
[-] The following 9 users Like SophiaLearning's post:
  • a4tunatemom, ARhead, GizmoJack, harrypotter, MrBossmanJr, Muldoon, PrettyFlyforaChiGuy, shadowgem, TwinMom
(03-30-2020, 10:17 AM)SophiaLearning Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:13 AM)Cofffeee Wrote:

Go forth and prosper!
Hi there
Thank you so much
You do not need to complete the course by July 31st, only register.  Our hope is that this offering will help keep students on track to achieving their dreams of a higher education degree!
Greatly appreciated for your response. Its wonderful news
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cofffeee's post:
  • SophiaLearning
Since tesu.sophia.org is no longer up and running, is there a list of what courses transfer to TESU specifically?
(05-05-2020, 08:50 PM)All Seas Wrote: Since tesu.sophia.org is no longer up and running, is there a list of what courses transfer to TESU specifically?

AREA A
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: English Comp I & II
ORAL COMMUNICATION: Public Speaking
QUANTITATIVE LITERACY: College Algebra or Intro to Statistics

AREA B
DIVERSITY: Intro to Sociology OR Approaches to Studying Religions
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: Intro to Ethics
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE

AREA C
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution
Visual Communications
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II
Intro to Psychology

AREA D
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Intro to IT

GE ELECTIVES
The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
Any of the above not already used

FREE ELECTIVES
College Readiness
Intro to Business
Accounting (can also be used in Business Core)
Project Management (can also be used in Business AOS)
Developing Effective Teams (1cr) (can also be used in Business AOS)

TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 5 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • ARhead, inf, letterchaser202, rachel83az, stoked
(05-05-2020, 11:30 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 08:50 PM)All Seas Wrote: Since tesu.sophia.org is no longer up and running, is there a list of what courses transfer to TESU specifically?

AREA A
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION: English Comp I & II
ORAL COMMUNICATION: Public Speaking
QUANTITATIVE LITERACY: College Algebra or Intro to Statistics

AREA B
DIVERSITY: Intro to Sociology OR Approaches to Studying Religions
ETHICAL LEADERSHIP: Intro to Ethics
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT: NOT AVAILABLE

AREA C
Art History I & II
Conflict Resolution
Visual Communications
Ancient Greek Philosophers
Macro & Microeconomics
US History I & II
Intro to Psychology

AREA D
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Intro to IT

GE ELECTIVES
The Essentials of Managing Conflict (1cr)
Any of the above not already used

FREE ELECTIVES
College Readiness
Intro to Business
Accounting (can also be used in Business Core)
Project Management (can also be used in Business AOS)
Developing Effective Teams (1cr) (can also be used in Business AOS)

great info. Do you know if approaches to studying religion can be used in area c?

also I need cis 107 for business core, I assume intro to IT will work there instead of area d? 
So heads up, I was about to apply to TESU and asked about the Sophia courses and if there was a transfer guide and was told:

"Unfortunately, we do not have a Sophia course equivalency list. Once your account is active, you will be able to speak with an Academic Advisor to see which of their courses you could use to apply to your degree."
Any updates? Is there still no transfer list? TESU is so hard to figure out. Sad
Me: Earned BSLA at Excelsior November 2021!

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
College Courses taken: Astronomy, Intro to Programming, Latin 1,  Federal GOVT
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
Currently Working on: Calc 1, TX GOVT
[-] The following 1 user Likes TorsMama's post:
  • indivinefavor
(06-29-2020, 02:00 PM)TorsMama Wrote: Any updates? Is there still no transfer list? TESU is so hard to figure out. Sad

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...es-at-TESU
(06-29-2020, 02:00 PM)TorsMama Wrote: Any updates? Is there still no transfer list? TESU is so hard to figure out. Sad

TESU just received by Sophia credits from my ACE transcript today. I have 17 credits in total...hopefully, I'll be able to update soon one way or the other. Fingers crossed...that there aren't any issues.
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 11 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,155 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch