Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regionally accredited college accepting online credit transfer
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. I am planing to get college credits thru Straighterline or Study.com and then transfer to a regionally accredited college so that I can get official credit transcripts from them. Can someone recommend a regionally accredited school which can accept credit transfer from these two websites and also has easy enrollment and lower enrollment fees? Thanks a lot!

I just need to fulfill education requirements from MA Board of Accountancy so I am ok with any schools as long as it is regionally accredited. Thank you guys so much!!

Scarlett
TESU, Charter Oak, or Excelsior.

[-] The following 2 users Like Ideas's post:
  • Life Long Learning, Nixi
(06-01-2018, 08:09 PM)Ideas Wrote: TESU, Charter Oak, or Excelsior.

THANK YOU!!
Lol, that was simple.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
I think the "or" was extraneous.
Original Poster, you can add WGU to that list. It's one of the favorites on this site! The Big 3 and WGU are all you need.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • Nixi
There are actually at least a couple of hundred colleges and universities that will accept Straighterline and Study.com credits. TESU and Excelsior are unique in that they charge an enrollment fee. COSC got rid of its enrollment fee and charges a semester fee that's significantly more than what you would find at most other schools. Colleges and universities, normally, do not charge you thousands of dollars just to become a student. The Big 3 do this because they let you transfer in 114-120 credits. 

Excelsior and TESU do make it easier for you to be considered an enrolled student and receive a transcript. All you have to do is pay the enrollment fee. At TESU, you can also take a TECEP to be considered enrolled. Just about every other school requires that you earn at least one credit from them before you can get a transcript. You can't just apply, have your transfer credits accepted, and get a transcript without ever being a student.

Excelsior, TESU, and COSC do have credit banks, but you'd be better off just passing a TECEP so that you can get a regular, TESU transcript.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 2 users Like sanantone's post:
  • jeremiah_jn, Zippadeedoodah
You may already be aware of this, but MA stipulates specific business and accounting courses that need to be taken if your degree is from a non-AACSB school.
For something this important, you should go to the source, not take somebody else's word or speculation.

https://study.com/academy/college-accele...l#partners
https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/

It's possible that a specific college or university might make a change that Straighterline or Study.com is slow to update. Ultimately it is up to the college or university.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
[-] The following 1 user Likes clep3705's post:
  • Zippadeedoodah
(06-01-2018, 10:55 PM)sanantone Wrote: There are actually at least a couple of hundred colleges and universities that will accept Straighterline and Study.com credits. TESU and Excelsior are unique in that they charge an enrollment fee. COSC got rid of its enrollment fee and charges a semester fee that's significantly more than what you would find at most other schools. Colleges and universities, normally, do not charge you thousands of dollars just to become a student. The Big 3 do this because they let you transfer in 114-120 credits. 

Excelsior and TESU do make it easier for you to be considered an enrolled student and receive a transcript. All you have to do is pay the enrollment fee. At TESU, you can also take a TECEP to be considered enrolled. Just about every other school requires that you earn at least one credit from them before you can get a transcript. You can't just apply, have your transfer credits accepted, and get a transcript without ever being a student.

Excelsior, TESU, and COSC do have credit banks, but you'd be better off just passing a TECEP so that you can get a regular, TESU transcript.

The Big3 do not "charge thousands of dollars just to become a student". I'm not sure where that came from. You can graduate from all of them for far less than other schools charge. TESU does let you choose to pay a residency fee if you don't want to take a minimum number of courses, but that's better than most schools that insist you take a minimum number of courses with no other option.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 4 users Like davewill's post:
  • greencouch, Sapientes, Yenisei, Zippadeedoodah

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 273 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,149 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 213 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,463 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 602 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,618 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 353 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,092 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,350 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,725 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM