Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL: Chem Lab ******!!!!
It's relieving to talk to someone who understands how temperamental life becomes with these things, and a general idea of how they "work" (theyre dysfunction, so.. lol), but the circumstances for the understanding is good.

But, yeah, in keto, you have to drink electrolytes. Those pesky carbs fill ya with water, so if you're lacking, then you have to find other means to give your body pressure.

I don't think they have fully resolved a completely holistic idea of the diabetic systems. Every decade is an inch closer to truth. The examinations for me mimic insulinoma. Which, according to them and the books, shouldn't happen, as I test negative for it. And my blood work is top notch. They're always impressed. I'm like.. "I eat a lot of eggs, bacon..." And they're puzzled. Non-inflammatory fats are pretty amazing, and so is the proper way to cook things to prevent any inflammatory agents form (as in, frying = bad). It's not until they dig deeper into hormone panels, antibodies, etc. that they discover the dysfunction. I have had a few pneumococcal boosters over the year. My record for holding any antibodies created due to it is 1 year.
jadae@wgu.edu Wrote:It's relieving to talk to someone who understands how temperamental life becomes with these things, and a general idea of how they "work" (theyre dysfunction, so.. lol), but the circumstances for the understanding is good.

I have irritable bowel and chronic fatigue. At least you have some idea of what's malfunctioning. I spent thousands in testing, and stupid diet changes, and I'm told it's all in my head. I've pretty much given up at this point.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:I have irritable bowel and chronic fatigue. At least you have some idea of what's malfunctioning. I spent thousands in testing, and stupid diet changes, and I'm told it's all in my head. I've pretty much given up at this point.

I think you missed her full story.

Regarding IBS if they can't find a GI physiological cause then it is quite possible for it to be a somatoform disorder. Also consider that stress and other stimuli causes various signaling via hormones that can cause physical symptoms. Psychology is Biology. Just because your brains response is the ultimate cause doesn't mean you are making it up. If you have seen a GI doc, and they can't find anything sometimes it's not a bad idea to see a psychiatrist to explore other treatment possibilities. It is quite common for people with anxiety for example to experience physical symptoms.
Working towards BA Psychology from TESU
Started 3/22/2017 with Aleks and the Institute
Started 4/4/2017 with Straighterline
72/120 credits so far.

Straighterline: 4/4/2017
REL-277 Introduction to Religion
ANT-101 Introduction to Anthropology
POS-110 American Government
HIS-101 Western Civilization I
HIS-102 Western Civilization II
HIS-113 American History I
HIS-114 American History II
SOC-101 Introduction to Sociology
BIO-208 Nutrition
PSY-101 Introduction to Psychology
STA-201 Statistics
HEA-203 Medical Terminology
COM-101 Introduction to Communications
BUS-301 Principles of Management
Study.com
Personal Finance
Lifespan Development
ALEKS 3/22/2017
MAT-121 College Algebra
The Institute 3/22/2017
PHI-384 Ethics -2
TEEX
Cyber 101 -2
Cyber 201 -2
PREVIOUS EDUCATION
St. Leo University 2004
College Comp I
Integrated Physical Science
Algebra and Functions
Cuyamaca College
Spanish I - 5
The Internet - 1
Ancapman Wrote:I think you missed her full story.

Regarding IBS if they can't find a GI physiological cause then it is quite possible for it to be a somatoform disorder. Also consider that stress and other stimuli causes various signaling via hormones that can cause physical symptoms. Psychology is Biology. Just because your brains response is the ultimate cause doesn't mean you are making it up. If you have seen a GI doc, and they can't find anything sometimes it's not a bad idea to see a psychiatrist to explore other treatment possibilities. It is quite common for people with anxiety for example to experience physical symptoms.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Angel 
Three Rivers CC 2017

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

link

High_Order1 Wrote:I have irritable bowel and chronic fatigue. At least you have some idea of what's malfunctioning. I spent thousands in testing, and stupid diet changes, and I'm told it's all in my head. I've pretty much given up at this point.

I follow a low carb ketogenic diet for that helps my fatigue immensely have extreme fatigue like so bad I have to nap most the day unless I follow a very low carb diet. Also have autoimmune issues and most likely celiac ah its a joy. Not!! How I have to eat absolutely sucks
Collegelady2 Wrote:I follow a low carb ketogenic diet ... How I have to eat absolutely sucks

I've looked into keto. I am too addicted to bread and pasta to do it. (sandwiches and pastas are the bulk of my few meals...)

Lately, I've grown tired of eating. It was one of the few pleasurable experiences of my day, and how I told time at work (pre-lunch, after-lunch, and almost time to go home... lol).

Now, I kinda wait for belly pain as the master signal. Otherwise, I think I... just want to eat, more than I do eat. I'm cutting portions back, too.

I appreciate your fatigue levels. I went to bed for like a solid month. Didn't really get much restfulness out of it, either.

Continue to hang in there!
Angel 
Three Rivers CC 2017

link

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has anyone done the SDC Chem 111L course? alab21 9 2,143 03-25-2021, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mcorye91
  Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry lem5283 6 6,041 05-05-2020, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Rubinamulla
  Need 12cr of BIO & CHEM Faceparade 18 2,553 04-18-2020, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Faceparade
  Are there any sources for Cell Biology, Biology I/II, Chem I/II, Organic Chem I/II? Pelican 4 1,567 03-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: icampy
  Saylor's Intro Chem. & Intro. to Molecular and Cellular Bio. no longer ACE-approved! Nightmoves5 10 2,293 06-05-2017, 05:40 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline Chem Review jadae@wgu.edu 2 3,771 05-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Last Post: jadae@wgu.edu
  SL Chem II jadae@wgu.edu 1 872 04-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Last Post: dfrecore