Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop
I know that TESU does not accept Shmoop, but does COSC still?  

What courses are accepted?
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

I think all of the Ace approved ones are accepted as of right now.
If I were spending my money, I wouldn't pay for a Shmoop course at this point. If I ALREADY had Shmoop credit, I'd shell out $75 and get my COSC application started ASAP.
This is kinda like when scientists predict a volcanic eruption. There is usually a period of caution before the eruption- could be days, could be weeks or a year.... but it feels an awful lot like something is happening to me. Time to evacuate and land somewhere safe.

I want to emphasize that it is almost unheard of for a program to revoke credit that is ACE evaluated while it is still ACE evaluated. I mean what we have happen here from time to time is a course expires, and may or may not renew. That's not what is happening with Shmoop. Shmoop still has ACE evaluation for college credit - so let's say that no one at COSC is paying attention to what TESU did, if that's true, then they're going on their merry way and of course you'll get all the credit because it was EARNED DURING the dates that it was approved. In theory, those credits are good for 20 years because of when you earned them. So, that TESU reversed themselves is pretty huge. I can't imagine that other schools don't know this- how could they not?

Someone with a better memory can help me recall that this happened once before, but I can't remember the credit provider - they went in and adjusted the ACE accounts after the fact. If memory serves, people had ACE credit actually removed from their ACE transcripts, but that's going way back.
You are probably right,but Charter Oak does their own thing with FEMA credits,GRE subject exams,etc.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry a ton about it, especially considering that for $88/mo for unlimited courses, it's not like you're spending a lot of money on them. I'd gather up as many Shmoop courses as possible if you liked the format or could deal with it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm probably being paranoid... said the people of Pompei LOL.

No seriously, I have no more insight than anyone else- and their ACE credit is still in effect through 8/2019 if nothing changes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New TESU evaluation and Shmoop equivalencies badooble 42 14,584 09-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Are there any Shmoop courses that Charter Oak will accept as upper level? nosey561 2 2,087 08-30-2018, 05:55 PM
Last Post: nosey561
  TESU- Shmoop hrriggs03 2 1,440 08-14-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: katelynn
  Luka1110 - TESU BALS Plan (No Shmoop Please!) bjcheung77 4 2,002 07-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Photo Shmoop Excelsior Evaluations In ReyMysterioso 0 1,768 06-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  A question about shmoop and Excelsior College literalkev 8 3,056 06-18-2018, 01:20 PM
Last Post: literalkev
Photo COSC Shmoop BS Evaluations ReyMysterioso 4 2,345 06-16-2018, 09:44 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Am I understanding this correctly about Shmoop and TESU? Sparrowhawk 39 7,331 05-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Tesu suspends Shmoop courses indefinitely Sapientes 1 1,192 05-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Last Post: jsd
  TESU just suspended Shmoop jsh1138 1 1,044 05-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Last Post: allvia