Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop statistic to Cosc or Excelsior ?
Iknow Cosc is weird about Shmoop statistic.
Sometimes it is good enough for math reqeuirement, sometimes not.
How about Excelsior?

I start with csm learn Cosc dont accept these, Excelsior not sure i have send them a e-mail.
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1)
The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Shmoop:

English proficiency

Sadly, information about how Shmoop courses transfer to COSC and EC is not presented in any official document/website

I almost 95% sure i will enroll in BSBA in COSC so im doing an in deep research about everything related to it.

The only source about how courses/credits are transfered are other users Transcript used as evidence.

Recently Elbebopkid (user of this forum) shares his transcript for BSBA at COSC: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

Based in his information we can see the next transfer pattern:

*Shmoop course (*Course to which it is transfer to COSC) -- *requirement that meets

SHMO 40 Comparative Goverment/Politics (POL205) -- Meets Global Understanding req
SHMO 49 Intro to Art History (FAR100) -- Meets Literatura and fine arts req
SHMO 59 Statistics (MAT105) -- Meets maths req
SHMO 45 Introduction to Chemestry (CHE101) -- Meets Additional Science Course (NO LAB Sciences Course)
SHMO 43 Psycology 101 (PSY101) -- Meet Social/Behavioral Science
SHMO 39 American National Goverment (POL150) -- Meets US History req
SHMO 55 Financial Accounting (ACC101) -- Meets Financial and Managerial Accounting req

SHMO 62 Prin of Management (MGT101) -- Meets Bus Major Foundations
SHMO 60 Introduction to Marketing (MKY220) -- Meets Bus Major Foundations
SHMO 54 Principes of Finance (FIN210) -- Meets Bus Major org Behavior
Yes iknow. It is a real pain to find good information. Im still not sure where i would like to enroll and how i reach that(toefl or not)
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1)
The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Shmoop:

English proficiency

To save time you can work with those courses you know you will transfer to COSC or EC, and enroll when you have a better point of view.
Where did you hear that CSM doesn't transfer to COSC? I was just about to pay for that course.
(08-16-2019, 10:36 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Where did you hear that CSM doesn't transfer to COSC? I was just about to pay for that course.

It comes in as a liberal arts free credit but doesn't fulfill the math requirement.  It's on their website plus CSM was online here in a previous thread and confirmed it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 13 yo boys

Study: US History 1, Pres Skills, Environ Science, Ethics in America
Sophia: Psychology, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict
CsmLearn

Planning for (2) Bachelors + ?
(08-16-2019, 12:35 PM)TwinMom Wrote: It comes in as a liberal arts free credit but doesn't fulfill the math requirement.  It's on their website plus CSM was online here in a previous thread and confirmed it.

Okay. I was going to take it for educational purposes. Somehow I made it through College Algebra at a tech school, but wanted to finish it because it seems interesting. I just didn't want to put time and money into it if it wouldn't transfer at all. Thanks for clarifying!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC - BSBA | Pending courses akr680 8 62 50 minutes ago
Last Post: dfrecore
  Referral code for COSC or Excelsior NeverDone 5 226 11-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Last Post: harrypotter
  COSC | BSBA Concentration course details akr680 12 378 11-10-2019, 10:41 AM
Last Post: akr680
  The official guide to courses from the Big Three: COSC, TESU, & Excelsior jsh1138 12 16,085 11-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Cornerstone time requirement COSC Tlm 1 187 10-26-2019, 02:25 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Help Creating a Degree Map for COSC BS Child Studies major Moonville 13 394 10-24-2019, 01:20 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? dfwdegree 21 732 10-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Last Post: dfwdegree
  COSC Saylor Global Requirement Clepper43 3 259 10-22-2019, 11:21 AM
  Input on Excelsior Clepper43 7 424 10-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Last Post: ROYISAGIRL
  Is my Excelsior admissions counselor wrong, or is Excelsior no longer "Big 3"? wow 18 764 10-17-2019, 06:57 PM