Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop statistic to Cosc or Excelsior ?
Iknow Cosc is weird about Shmoop statistic.
Sometimes it is good enough for math reqeuirement, sometimes not.
How about Excelsior?

I start with csm learn Cosc dont accept these, Excelsior not sure i have send them a e-mail.
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1)
The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3)

IN PROGRESS
Shmoop: Introduction to Drama

English proficiency

Sadly, information about how Shmoop courses transfer to COSC and EC is not presented in any official document/website

I almost 95% sure i will enroll in BSBA in COSC so im doing an in deep research about everything related to it.

The only source about how courses/credits are transfered are other users Transcript used as evidence.

Recently Elbebopkid (user of this forum) shares his transcript for BSBA at COSC: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

Based in his information we can see the next transfer pattern:

*Shmoop course (*Course to which it is transfer to COSC) -- *requirement that meets

SHMO 40 Comparative Goverment/Politics (POL205) -- Meets Global Understanding req
SHMO 49 Intro to Art History (FAR100) -- Meets Literatura and fine arts req
SHMO 59 Statistics (MAT105) -- Meets maths req
SHMO 45 Introduction to Chemestry (CHE101) -- Meets Additional Science Course (NO LAB Sciences Course)
SHMO 43 Psycology 101 (PSY101) -- Meet Social/Behavioral Science
SHMO 39 American National Goverment (POL150) -- Meets US History req
SHMO 55 Financial Accounting (ACC101) -- Meets Financial and Managerial Accounting req

SHMO 62 Prin of Management (MGT101) -- Meets Bus Major Foundations
SHMO 60 Introduction to Marketing (MKY220) -- Meets Bus Major Foundations
SHMO 54 Principes of Finance (FIN210) -- Meets Bus Major org Behavior
Yes iknow. It is a real pain to find good information. Im still not sure where i would like to enroll and how i reach that(toefl or not)
COMPLETED

Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1)
The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3)

IN PROGRESS
Shmoop: Introduction to Drama

English proficiency

To save time you can work with those courses you know you will transfer to COSC or EC, and enroll when you have a better point of view.
Where did you hear that CSM doesn't transfer to COSC? I was just about to pay for that course.
(08-16-2019, 10:36 AM)bethanyneedsajob Wrote: Where did you hear that CSM doesn't transfer to COSC? I was just about to pay for that course.

It comes in as a liberal arts free credit but doesn't fulfill the math requirement.  It's on their website plus CSM was online here in a previous thread and confirmed it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 13 yo boys

Study: US History 1, Presentation Skills, Environmental Science, Ethics in America
Sophia: Intro to Psychology

Planning for (2) Bachelors + Assoc + Cert at TESU
(08-16-2019, 12:35 PM)TwinMom Wrote: It comes in as a liberal arts free credit but doesn't fulfill the math requirement.  It's on their website plus CSM was online here in a previous thread and confirmed it.

Okay. I was going to take it for educational purposes. Somehow I made it through College Algebra at a tech school, but wanted to finish it because it seems interesting. I just didn't want to put time and money into it if it wouldn't transfer at all. Thanks for clarifying!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Graduate from ESC, 2nd degree via GRE from COSC? jplot002 5 86 2 hours ago
Last Post: dfrecore
  Sophia partnership with Excelsior dfwdegree 2 138 Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Teex Cyber Security courses Excelsior? dfwdegree 2 99 09-13-2019, 07:21 AM
Last Post: dfwdegree
  Excelsior Information Literacy substitution? dfwdegree 4 118 09-13-2019, 06:22 AM
Last Post: gams007
  Excelsior written english requirement glgamerica 2 179 09-12-2019, 12:20 AM
Last Post: glgamerica
  Excelsior College #1 and TESU #4 best Business Administration & Management Degrees Life Long Learning 1 125 09-11-2019, 02:47 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does Cosc have financial aid? plasticbottle 12 359 09-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Last Post: weightsrheavy
  English at COSC homeschoolmom1 2 148 09-09-2019, 11:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Excelsior vs. COSC - Biology sanantone 8 409 09-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Credit banking at Excelsior college sora1505 5 203 09-04-2019, 10:02 PM
Last Post: natshar