Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st
Excited to finally start my WGU MSML program this Oct 1st. I am aiming to be done in 1 term (6 months.)

My TAMUC degree/transcripts took forever to be finalized/processed, I finished my last class the first week of July, so heads up to anyone on that program. Took months to get the final grades and degree awarded, I would follow up periodically. 

Excited for this next step!
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 5 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • allvia, arrakis, eLearner, jsd, katsiki
Congrats on finishing at TAMUC and your next steps at WGU & UTPB. I am looking at the UTPB MBA as well. Did you check the TAMU Corpus Cristi program before deciding on UTPB? They seem comparable programs but TAMUCC costs a bit more.
Is UTPB a better course curriculum, faculty, administration, and branding wise?

Thanks,
/ A
[-] The following 1 user Likes arrakis's post:
  • katsiki
Oh yeah, congrats. Hope your WGU MSML is an easy one for you... I look forward to seeing you complete before the 1 term is over!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-19-2022, 12:43 PM)arrakis Wrote: Congrats on finishing at TAMUC and your next steps at WGU & UTPB. I am looking at the UTPB MBA as well. Did you check the TAMU Corpus Cristi program before deciding on UTPB? They seem comparable programs but TAMUCC costs a bit more.
Is UTPB a better course curriculum, faculty, administration, and branding wise?

Thanks,
/ A

I didn't look at TAMUCC. I am considering UTPB purely for the UT name and price.

At TAMUC I was not super impressed with the teachers/systems. Of course for the program I did I would say it was fully worth it, but for a Master's degree I don't think so if cheaper was available, that's why I went with WGU.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 1 user Likes mohelena02's post:
  • arrakis
Update:

I started Oct 1st which was Saturday. Sunday through Monday I was brought down by a short term illness and couldn't do any work. I hustled back up and was able to finish two courses that required two papers each by today (Saturday.)

So week 1 and I am down two courses. My original goal was to finish 1 class in week one so I am happy that I am going faster.

On the Facebook group for this program people are accelerating it by a lot, some have finished 4 classes already and started Oct 1st, so I like lurking on there to stay motivated.

I not only want to finish this by six months to not pay more, but the sooner I finish it the better so I can pursue other goals I have personally.
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
[-] The following 4 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • allvia, LevelUP, origamishuttle, ss20ts
(10-08-2022, 09:21 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update:

I started Oct 1st which was Saturday. Sunday through Monday I was brought down by a short term illness and couldn't do any work. I hustled back up and was able to finish two courses that required two papers each by today (Saturday.)

So week 1 and I am down two courses. My original goal was to finish 1 class in week one so I am happy that I am going faster.

On the Facebook group for this program people are accelerating it by a lot, some have finished 4 classes already and started Oct 1st, so I like lurking on there to stay motivated.

I not only want to finish this by six months to not pay more, but the sooner I finish it the better so I can pursue other goals I have personally.

You made a good choice by doing the Masters's degree at WGU. The ROI should be through the roof, given the time and money you need to invest.

That is key to research what others have done in those classes to pass quickly. It is amazing how fast some people go in that program.

I'm planning to do the MBA at WGU around Jan 2023. So I would be super happy with 1 class a week.

It's amazing that you have done two classes already. I hope that you keep us updated.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • katsiki
Good luck! Sounds like you're off to a great start with 2 classes already completed.
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • katsiki, mohelena02
(10-09-2022, 08:53 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(10-08-2022, 09:21 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: Update:

You made a good choice by doing the Masters's degree at WGU. The ROI should be through the roof, given the time and money you need to invest.

That is key to research what others have done in those classes to pass quickly. It is amazing how fast some people go in that program.

I'm planning to do the MBA at WGU around Jan 2023. So I would be super happy with 1 class a week.

It's amazing that you have done two classes already. I hope that you keep us updated.

Now that I am in the program I am glad I chose it too, and considering the MBA after since I am having a good experience with the MSML.

I think you will have a great experience with the MBA, I highly encourage you to join the facebook group for the program if you have facebook, people there are motivated!
Currently:

Completed:
WGU MSML
Well, as a student, you got to decide for yourself if you're into competency based or more of a traditional learning... For those who want Competency Based, WGU is a great option for the MSML/MBA, and for those who want a more traditional option, HAU MBA for a tad cheaper in price can't be beat either. Since competency is more your style of learning, your choice of MSML/MBA at WGU is a great move!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Did you apply for and get the WGU $2500 Back to School Scholarship?

They give you $625 per term, which would lower the cost to $3905.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,363 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,734 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,740 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online JD Starting Fall 2023 - 1-week residency sanantone 2 822 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,482 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,735 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,734 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,330 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,220 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,205 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100