Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st
I chose the MSML over the MBA because I wanted to be absolutely sure that I could have finished the degree in one term, for cost reasons. Since my BAAS was in Org Leadership the content overlapped so much that it made me confident that I could go in confidently.

I also have owned a business for seven years and felt like I didn't need the MBA immediately, as in, not something I was dying to learn or felt like I needed it for work (I work in the nonprofit sector.)
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 3 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • Imbanewbie, origamishuttle, Vle045
@imbanewbie, It depends on the alumni/student and several variables... The MSML would be a bit redundant if you're going for the MBA, unless you're wanting to add Leadership & Management skills, I would skip it. You've completed the MSCIA at WGU and working on two ENEB offerings already, do you need more?

If you didn't know already, the MBA is an extension or ladder upwards of what was taught in a BSBA. The MSML is similar in nature as it's also an upward extension where you focus on Leadership & Management, at WGU, both are ACBSP accredited as a business program with different concentrations or focus.

If I was in your shoes, I would skip the MSML as you're getting an AACSB MBA and foreign ENEB Masters... having said that, for those who are reading and wanting to get the WGU MBA & MSML combo, that's a relatively good deal for those who don't already have a similar Masters as several courses overlap.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Imbanewbie
(04-05-2023, 06:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @imbanewbie, It depends on the alumni/student and several variables... The MSML would be a bit redundant if you're going for the MBA, unless you're wanting to add Leadership & Management skills, I would skip it.  You've completed the MSCIA at WGU and working on two ENEB offerings already, do you need more?  

If you didn't know already, the MBA is an extension or ladder upwards of what was taught in a BSBA.  The MSML is similar in nature as it's also an upward extension where you focus on Leadership & Management, at WGU, both are ACBSP accredited as a business program with different concentrations or focus.  

If I was in your shoes, I would skip the MSML as you're getting an AACSB MBA and foreign ENEB Masters... having said that, for those who are reading and wanting to get the WGU MBA & MSML combo, that's a relatively good deal for those who don't already have a similar Masters as several courses overlap.

Thank you, I was thinking to enroll WGU MSML after I finish both two ENEB masters. Now I am not going to pursue MSML, I just focus on my MBA only and my two ENEB masters.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(04-04-2023, 09:39 PM)mohelena02 Wrote: I chose the MSML over the MBA because I wanted to be absolutely sure that I could have finished the degree in one term, for cost reasons. Since my BAAS was in Org Leadership the content overlapped so much that it made me confident that I could go in confidently.

I also have owned a business for seven years and felt like I didn't need the MBA immediately, as in, not something I was dying to learn or felt like I needed it for work (I work in the nonprofit sector.)

Thank you for sharing, I will not pursue the wgu MSML. I will be focusing on my mba and my eneb masters.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,525 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  UMPI MAOL vs WGU MSML? Jwheels27 29 4,950 06-04-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WGU MSML and MBA Sb2013 11 1,800 03-06-2023, 01:17 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Online JD Starting Fall 2023 - 1-week residency sanantone 2 833 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Accepted into WGU MSML and UTPB MBA mohelena02 11 1,541 08-28-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Cowabunga Dude
  WGU MSML vs UMPI MOAL vs UMass MOAL mohelena02 4 1,810 06-20-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Switching from MBA to MSML program wgu? Mikevalek 11 6,867 07-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,356 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Battle of the MAOL/MSML - Brief Comparison bjcheung77 9 2,262 04-04-2021, 08:29 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Recent wgu msml review - 6 month masters Clepking100 4 2,274 02-27-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Clepking100