Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Any New Business Courses Coming Soon?
ndelcollo Wrote:So then it would probably be smarter for me to take Micro and Macro first and then maybe one or two of the Accounting courses before trying Principles of Finance? I just assumed it would be smart to go right from Personal Finance into Principles.

That is completely fine in my opinion. Either option is doable. I'm just saying principles of finance was "so far" pretty easy compared to what others have said because of my bases that I already have. On the other side it won't hurt to take Micro/Macro and the Accounting I courses first but I don't think its a huge difference because you have to learn the stuff either way. If you do Finance first then you have some base info on the other courses.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:That is completely fine in my opinion. Either option is doable. I'm just saying principles of finance was "so far" pretty easy compared to what others have said because of my bases that I already have. On the other side it won't hurt to take Micro/Macro and the Accounting I courses first but I don't think its a huge difference because you have to learn the stuff either way. If you do Finance first then you have some base info on the other courses.

As Synicaal and I both mentioned, my son is only 17 and had ZERO experience with finance concepts prior to taking these two courses - I think you'll be fine going from personal finance right to principles of finance. My son is planning to take both of his accounting courses at Straighterline because he likes their format a bit better.

Has anyone taken HR Management at Study.com?
rowan555 Wrote:Since I know a Study.com rep reads the forum, and since some of you seem to be in the know as well, I'm wondering - does Study.com have any new business course offerings in the works? If so, can you share the details?

That’s a great question! We do have several courses slated to be reviewed in the coming months, and a few are in the business and finance areas. We’re constantly getting more courses recommended by ACE, so if there are additional courses you’d like for us to develop and have reviewed, please send along the course names.

We’re also working on finalizing the transfer guide with Thomas Edison now; it’s taking a little longer than we anticipated, but we’re hoping to have it up soon.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. Thank you!
ndelcollo Wrote:So then it would probably be smarter for me to take Micro and Macro first and then maybe one or two of the Accounting courses before trying Principles of Finance? I just assumed it would be smart to go right from Personal Finance into Principles.

I would. If I was suggesting an order for someone to take courses for the BSBA, I would say Macro then Micro, Financial Accounting then Managerial Accounting, Stats, and then Financial Accounting after all of those were completed. But if you take them out of order, it won't kill you, going in this type of order just kind of makes things easier.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Personal Finance has almost nothing to do with Principles of Finance.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Study.com Wrote:That’s a great question! We do have several courses slated to be reviewed in the coming months, and a few are in the business and finance areas. We’re constantly getting more courses recommended by ACE, so if there are additional courses you’d like for us to develop and have reviewed, please send along the course names.

Employment Law and Change Management are the two we're most hoping you add - thanks!
Intermediate Accounting II would be awesome!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Intermediate Accounting II would be awesome!

The course you mentioned is available cheap at other providers.
I would recommend any other Business Courses not offered by your competitors.
Or higher level courses that are 300-400 level, so the cost ratio is cheaper.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Synicaal Wrote:Intermediate Accounting II would be awesome!

I think Straighterline might have this as well.
rowan555 Wrote:I think Straighterline might have this as well.

They don't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 181 Yesterday, 03:57 PM
Last Post: jch
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 683 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,446 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 996 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 712 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,509 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,638 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,369 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 440 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 765 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger