Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Any New Business Courses Coming Soon?
rowan555 Wrote:As Synicaal and I both mentioned, my son is only 17 and had ZERO experience with finance concepts prior to taking these two courses - I think you'll be fine going from personal finance right to principles of finance. My son is planning to take both of his accounting courses at Straighterline because he likes their format a bit better.

Has anyone taken HR Management at Study.com?
My 16-yr-old son is taking the study.com HRM credit exam as I type this. Going into it, he said the course was slightly more difficult than the other business classes he has taken, but he feels he knows enough to pass.
I came to this forum researching for my now 17-yr-old son who was earning credits via testing and online courses. He completed TESU's BUS-421 in March 2018, the capstone for the TESU BSBA GM degree.  Below are the courses he took:
Study.com: Business 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 109, 113, 121, 308, 309; Economics 101, 102; Finance 101, 102; History 103, 104, 106, 108; Math 103; Political Science 102; Religion 101; Geology 101; Nutrition 101; Chemistry 101; English 305
SL: Intro to Communications, Accounting 1&2, Financial Accounting
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus, Statistics
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101, 102, 103
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
312N-H Ethics & the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Community College: English 101 & 102, Calculus 1
TESU: MAT-105 Applied Liberal Arts Math TECEP, BUS-421-OL BSBA Capstone Course (January 2018 term)
wandac Wrote:My 16-yr-old son is taking the study.com HRM credit exam as I type this. Going into it, he said the course was slightly more difficult than the other business classes he has taken, but he feels he knows enough to pass.

Please let me know how he does. My son really doesn't test well, he gets extreme anxiety, so the testing issue always worries me. He's truly enjoying the HR course content though, as opposed to Finance which he hated. He's on unit 8 I believe - taking the final next Saturday.
Good Luck to Him!
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
My time ran out on a course through study.com I already took the final exam, but I didn't know that I had to complete an essay. Can I send it via email or do I have to pay the $199?
creditmonsoon Wrote:My time ran out on a course through study.com I already took the final exam, but I didn't know that I had to complete an essay. Can I send it via email or do I have to pay the $199?

Presumably
So one could achieve a business degree from TESU or COSC through study.com it appears. Any others? Psychology?
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

You can have a maximum of 90 hours from one source for bachelor's degree, so you can't obtain any one degree solely through Study.com.
Also Charter Oak considers most Study.com courses as lower level- only two are upper level, Advanced Technical Writing and Advanced Operations Management.

At TESU, you could also complete a BA Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Science, Humanities, or Natural Science and Mathematics using Study.com credits.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks bud. Right, I mean area of study...I have 80 credits from places other than study.com already.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

icampy Wrote:Psychology?

Study.com would still need to get their Physiological Pysch and History/Systems of Pysch courses ACE approved (as of now Coopersmith is the only test-out option for those two), and there is no current option for Ethics in Social Science anywhere.

And then of course you'd still have the Lib Arts Capstone.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
KayV Wrote:You can have a maximum of 90 hours from one source for bachelor's degree, so you can't obtain any one degree solely through Study.com.
Also Charter Oak considers most Study.com courses as lower level- only two are upper level, Advanced Technical Writing and Advanced Operations Management.

At TESU, you could also complete a BA Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Science, Humanities, or Natural Science and Mathematics using Study.com credits.

KayV, I found the link for the info you mentioned. Thomas Edison State University: Track Your Evaluation

It slightly changed my plans (again), since I decided to take almost all of my credits from Study. Easy enough fix for that, but I was wondering if someone could explain "Subject Area Maximum:
Thomas Edison State University will accept a maximum of 70 semester hours of credit earned in one subject area toward a baccalaureate degree."
Does it just mean an academic subject area such as history? or English?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,396 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 959 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 703 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,424 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,614 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,027 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 433 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 759 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,881 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 628 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM