Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Any New Business Courses Coming Soon?
I just got an email that I was accepted for the guardian scholarship. Wanna get started on Personal Finance asap but just curious on what that credit will cover in BSBA General Managment for TESU.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:I just got an email that I was accepted for the guardian scholarship. Wanna get started on Personal Finance asap but just curious on what that credit will cover in BSBA General Managment for TESU.

Free Elective only - it won't work anywhere else. On any degree plan at TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:I just got an email that I was accepted for the guardian scholarship. Wanna get started on Personal Finance asap but just curious on what that credit will cover in BSBA General Managment for TESU.

Like Dfrecore said, it will only go into Free Electives Sad , but still get it done ASAP so you don't run the risk of overlapping months on tests. They changed the way they give tests, they say 2 a month but really its only after 30 days. So say you take Personal Finance today 12/20 and then the next course on 12/27. Your next test wont be available until 1/20 and the next on 1/27, then 2/20 and 2/27. So the quicker you get the first two done the better.

I'm on my last two courses from the scholarship and my next tests are available 1/3 and 1/18. Good Luck. The courses I have taken from Study.com have all been pretty fun except Applied Managerial Accounting, you basically have to do all the reading very little videos. If you do need an UL Accounting course I suggest Advanced Accounting I , it was enjoyable and not to difficult ( I already had Accounting I (Financial Accounting) done)
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Thanks for the info guys, I've spent the past two days working on knocking the course out and so far I'd say the Personal Finance course is very easy.

But to be clear, The Practice Chapter exams count towards the overall grade, correct? I've been making sure to get 100% on each, including all of the small quizzes as well.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:But to be clear, The Practice Chapter exams count towards the overall grade, correct? I've been making sure to get 100% on each, including all of the small quizzes as well.

Yes, the quiz grades do count towards the total final grade. Keep up the good work!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Has anyone taken any of these, and if so, which would you recommend for UL credit?

- BUS 106: Human Resource Management
- BUS 306: Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Communication

Trying to decide which course I should take out of these with the scholarship along with BUS:309: Digital Marketing & Advertising and as Synicaal suggested, the Advanced Accounting l.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Has anyone taken any of these, and if so, which would you recommend for UL credit?

- BUS 106: Human Resource Management
- BUS 306: Strategic Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Communication

Trying to decide which course I should take out of these with the scholarship along with BUS:309: Digital Marketing & Advertising and as Synicaal suggested, the Advanced Accounting l.

My son just took HR Management, and the thing with that course is that it requires 4 essays. He is taking Business 308 now (global business) and for some reason, that only requires 1 essay which is the same length as each of the four essays for HR Management - the essay was also from what I could tell much easier to put together. In addition, it has fewer lessons. I know you didn't include 308 in your list, but I wanted to mention that one because it just seems a lot simpler than 106.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:My son just took HR Management, and the thing with that course is that it requires 4 essays. He is taking Business 308 now (global business) and for some reason, that only requires 1 essay which is the same length as each of the four essays for HR Management - the essay was also from what I could tell much easier to put together. In addition, it has fewer lessons. I know you didn't include 308 in your list, but I wanted to mention that one because it just seems a lot simpler than 106.

Thanks for the information! Smile I actually plan on taking BUS 308 as well, so it's good to know what to expect. Also Principles of Finance, so that leaves me with one more exam opening with the scholarship (assuming I pass all of them, and in a timely manner). Trying to lay it all out so I can organize what I have to get done and have it figured out ahead of time. The exam limits and timing really throws you off.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:Thanks for the information! Smile I actually plan on taking BUS 308 as well, so it's good to know what to expect. Also Principles of Finance, so that leaves me with one more exam opening with the scholarship (assuming I pass all of them, and in a timely manner). Trying to lay it all out so I can organize what I have to get done and have it figured out ahead of time. The exam limits and timing really throws you off.

Indeed. My son is just finishing his guardian scholarship with them and had about 9 days to complete one last course. He started Project Management, but the project is a 20 slide powerpoint presentation. I noticed Adv Operations Management had an 800 word essay requirement and about 30 or 35 fewer lessons, so I suggested he just do that one now, and maybe do the Project Management course down the road with a paid month. The nice thing about that plan is that he can actually work on the powerpoint presentation before signing up for another month, and that way he'll have that big chunk of work already completed. He struggled with Principles of Finance, but I think that's due to his inexperience - he's only 17 - but that course has no projects - just the quizzes and final. If you want to take Global Business, my suggestion would be to go ahead and look at the essay assignments ahead of time and start working on those while completing other courses - you really don't need to go through the whole course to write them, just a few lessons which the essays are based on. I wish I'd have known to advise my son to do it that way so he wouldn't have had to cram 4 essays into a one week time frame.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:Indeed. My son is just finishing his guardian scholarship with them and had about 9 days to complete one last course. He started Project Management, but the project is a 20 slide powerpoint presentation. I noticed Adv Operations Management had an 800 word essay requirement and about 30 or 35 fewer lessons, so I suggested he just do that one now, and maybe do the Project Management course down the road with a paid month. The nice thing about that plan is that he can actually work on the powerpoint presentation before signing up for another month, and that way he'll have that big chunk of work already completed. He struggled with Principles of Finance, but I think that's due to his inexperience - he's only 17 - but that course has no projects - just the quizzes and final. If you want to take Global Business, my suggestion would be to go ahead and look at the essay assignments ahead of time and start working on those while completing other courses - you really don't need to go through the whole course to write them, just a few lessons which the essays are based on. I wish I'd have known to advise my son to do it that way so he wouldn't have had to cram 4 essays into a one week time frame.

Thanks so much!! This information is really great to know, very helpful. I just finished Personal Finance so I'm ready to take on the others.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 379 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,673 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,394 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher