Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Data Structures and Algorithms
So, I got to the end of the Data Structures and Algorithms course and I'm thinking, Uh, oh. How do you create a bubble sort for a 2D string array ... Angry

The assignment didn't seem very complicated when I first looked at it, but that's because I thought there would be examples given for the assignment specifically in the course. I don't think some of what they're asking for is taught anywhere. The only examples for bubble sort are for one dimensional int arrays.

I've actually been trying to figure this out all day. I couldn't even find example code online to look at which is weird. I also complained to them because they ask you to 'prompt the user to answer all states' capitals'. I don't know what that means. Just ask how many capitals there are? Or make them enter all of them?

So, I went ahead and e-mailed my complaint in. I know some people completed the assignment already, so if you already know how to code in Java it's easier. Some of the code examples in the course don't even compile, but you can fix the code if you know what you're looking at.

Similar to the Computer Architecture course, everything goes along fine until you hit these assignments. Seems to only be a road block in the computer science courses.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • akr680
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...res-Review
Its actually pretty straight forward, if you have any experience coding. I did both assignments and final exam in one evening...just put your mind to it.

Here's a tip. A bubble sort is of complexity O(n^2) what does it say about the number of loops?

I though that course was actually extremely easy for a data strucutres course, especially the final assignment, way too easy for a data structures course.

The material is actually more challenging than the assignment.

You can do it man! Dont give up. If I did it you surely can. Here's more hints, start by creating a two dimensional array of the US stated and capitals, create methods to print the two dimensional array and also to comprare elements in the two dimensional array for equality.

Initially order your array by states alphabetically, then in your bubble sort focus on sorting by capital and a little trick I used is to convert the user input to lower case before searching the array and having all the captials as lower case.

I basically spelled it out for you...lol, read the book 'Algorithms' by Robert Sedgewick, it was actually very insightful for the SDC course.

As for the computer architecture class I had a thread on it somewhere, building the 'Ben Eater CPU' video series helped a lot, maybe pick up basic VHDL or Verilog and the book 'digital electronics' by Anil Kumar Maini also helps a lot.

And also the language is irrevalent, focus on the problem at hand. Its not about 'coding' aka cutting and pasting code together. Its about algorithmic programming. Write out the algorithm on paper. Actually program and forget that 'coding' non-sense.

You can do it. Don't let this course come between you and your degree.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • alab21
The part I'm stuck on is going through the second loop when it's a string. I looked again at it today and I think I was making it more complicated than it's supposed to be. If I can't figure it out today, I'm going to just fail the first phase of the assignment and move on to part two. That's what I ended up doing with the Computer Architecture assignment.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
Strings can be compared too if that's what you mean. You can sort strings in ascending or descending order.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(06-07-2019, 09:32 AM)udi Wrote: So, I got to the end of the Data Structures and Algorithms course and I'm thinking, Uh, oh. How do you create a bubble sort for a 2D string array ... Angry

The assignment didn't seem very complicated when I first looked at it, but that's because I thought there would be examples given for the assignment specifically in the course. I don't think some of what they're asking for is taught anywhere. The only examples for bubble sort are for one dimensional int arrays.

I've actually been trying to figure this out all day. I couldn't even find example code online to look at which is weird. I also complained to them because they ask you to 'prompt the user to answer all states' capitals'. I don't know what that means. Just ask how many capitals there are? Or make them enter all of them?

So, I went ahead and e-mailed my complaint in. I know some people completed the assignment already, so if you already know how to code in Java it's easier. Some of the code examples in the course don't even compile, but you can fix the code if you know what you're looking at.

Similar to the Computer Architecture course, everything goes along fine until you hit these assignments. Seems to only be a road block in the computer science courses.

Hi Udi,

I would like to complete the SDC Computer Science courses. Is there any Quizlet available for the final exam? Do we need to obtain 70% in final exam?

Thanks
Ashok
------------------

akr680 Wrote:I would like to complete the SDC Computer Science courses. Is there any Quizlet available for the final exam? Do we need to obtain 70% in final exam?

The final exam doesn't have to be 70%, but at most of the time, you need at least a 60% or higher if you didn't do well on the quizzes. If the course has assignments, then it would be easier as you need the entire course cumulative grade to be over 70%.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(06-10-2019, 12:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
akr680 Wrote:I would like to complete the SDC Computer Science courses. Is there any Quizlet available for the final exam? Do we need to obtain 70% in final exam?

The final exam doesn't have to be 70%, but at most of the time, you need at least a 60% or higher if you didn't do well on the quizzes.  If the course has assignments, then it would be easier as you need the entire course cumulative grade to be over 70%.

Thanks for the details.
------------------

(06-10-2019, 12:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

The final exam doesn't have to be 70%, but at most of the time, you need at least a 60% or higher if you didn't do well on the quizzes.  If the course has assignments, then it would be easier as you need the entire course cumulative grade to be over 70%.

Hi Bjcheung,

What is the validity of ACE credit? How long we can transfer it to colleges? 

Thanks
Ashok
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Speedrunning SDC Data Structures and Computer Architecture advice? Randyb100 15 721 04-09-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,328 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,592 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,409 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 732 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,902 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 581 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 309 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue