Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Discount
Hi to all here I post the study.com 50% discount on one year college accelerator.
I have paid for this it the beginning of this year.

https://study.com/academy/get-started.ht...dyyear50#7

this is the code: studyyear50

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
[-] The following 7 users Like gams007's post:
  • BitWiseGuy, CableGuy98, cecilgambe7, harrypotter, Jobe112, MNomadic, Toastmaster
Is there any way to get this if you already have a SDC account? The TOS says that you're only allowed to have one account.
(07-09-2020, 04:59 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Is there any way to get this if you already have a SDC account? The TOS says that you're only allowed to have one account.
no because you already have an account I did this when I was going to enroll for the first time.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Well, that really sucks.
Hmm, there are several things about this coupon and also people have multiple accounts on Study.com to take advantage of discounts.
1) This discount code shouldn't be in use as it was discontinued in 2016.  I would have left it off the "radar" until someone requested it.
Otherwise, just like the Sophia.org courses, they'll make changes to the coupon so it wouldn't work any longer.  I would give that out only through PM.

2) People have created a second account on Study.com to take advantage of the referral discount when they had the 20% off + 20$ referral.
3) The only downside to creating a second account is that the "overlapping" of courses wouldn't exist, it won't really matter if you take completely different courses.
For example, the first account took all Science courses and the second account all Business courses, there would hardly be any overlap.

4) This coupon isn't for everyone, it would appeal only to those wanting to take an entire year of Study.com courses, 2 courses/month. 
Actually not a bad deal as they can slowly get all the LL & especially UL they needed and use that time to finish off the degree (up to 72 credits). 
I wouldn't recommend it as a starting point though... For those needing only a few courses, a month subscription + $70/extra exam is better.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • schlocker, Toastmaster
I am about to enroll in Study.com to fulfill a second AOS in History, the accelerator is $199 per month, with courses free, I didn't know exam was $70.
How many retakes are there on quizzes?
And do all quizzes count towards final grade?

I never used study.com so I am not familiar with its format, seems nice with videos, and quizzes for each chapter.
(07-19-2020, 04:56 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I am about to enroll in Study.com to fulfill a second AOS in History, the accelerator is $199 per month, with courses free, I didn't know exam was $70.

I never used study.com so I am not familiar with its format, seems nice with videos, and quizzes for each chapter.

Exams are only $70 if you have already used your 2 free exams for the month. You can take 5 total exams every month for a total of about $410. Again, your $200/mo includes 2 exams.

You get 2 extra tries for each quiz (which is always, AFAIK, 5 questions long) and the highest grade in the first 3 attempts is your final score. Yes, all the quizzes count towards your final grade. With short videos and short quizzes, it's pretty easy to get 100% on every single quiz.
(07-09-2020, 03:47 PM)gams007 Wrote: Hi to all here I post the study.com 50% discount on one year college accelerator.

How much is the yearly plan normally? 
I checked on study.com and they do not show this plan at all.

(07-19-2020, 05:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-19-2020, 04:56 AM)Lacedonia4 Wrote: I am about to enroll in Study.com to fulfill a second AOS in History, the accelerator is $199 per month, with courses free, I didn't know exam was $70.

Exams are only $70 if you have already used your 2 free exams for the month. You can take 5 total exams every month for a total of about $410. Again, your $200/mo includes 2 exams.

You get 2 extra tries for each quiz (which is always, AFAIK, 5 questions long) and the highest grade in the first 3 attempts is your final score. Yes, all the quizzes count towards your final grade. With short videos and short quizzes, it's pretty easy to get 100% on every single quiz.
Thanks. 

Wonder if the $60 membership option is good to start exploring the content.
(07-19-2020, 12:12 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 03:47 PM)gams007 Wrote: Hi to all here I post the study.com 50% discount on one year college accelerator.

How much is the yearly plan normally? 
I checked on study.com and they do not show this plan at all.

(07-19-2020, 05:06 AM)rachel83az Wrote:

Thanks. 

Wonder if the $60 membership option is good to start exploring the content.

If you can get the 50% off the whole year, it depends on how many SDC courses you need and how much time you're willing to take. Let's say that you study and switch to the $200 option every 3 months and load up on the maximum of 5 courses for that month. Over the course of a year, you'd take 20 exams. $410 x 4 months + $60 x 8 months = $2120. Now let's look at the 50% off: $1200 for 24 exams. 

If all you need is 5 or 6 courses, maybe it doesn't make sense to pay for the whole year. If you know that you're going to need more SDC courses than that and you're willing to take the time, you might as well pay for the whole year right now. 

If you start with the $60 option, you are forever giving up the chance to do the 50% off option.
Ok thanks. I only need 10 courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,360 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,489 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,742 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 605 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Discount Codes ashkir 18 7,735 02-06-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue