Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Time to Review Assignment
Hi all,

I signed up for my first SDC class and am working through the material as fast as possible. I'm trying to plan how much time to allocate for completion of each course. I know that the assignments must be submitted before the final can be taken. 

In your experience, how long did it take for the assignment to be reviewed? Does the assignment need to be "graded" or just submitted prior to taking the final? 

FYI I'm currently enrolled in BUS-308 Globalization & International Management. I am looking for another class to sign up for me so if there are any test only options on SDC please let me know.

Thank you all for your input
In my experience I didn't actually need to complete the assignments before I did the final. I did the final, then waited a month and did the last few assignments right before my subscription to SDC ended.
TESU BS NEET (in progress)      Taking a different direction for now.

B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(3cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp, Student Success
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
You do not need to submit assignments before taking the final. I still haven't submitted the assignments for any of the three UL courses I'm taking through them, but I've taken all three finals

Also, although I'm not planning on doing this because there are still a couple more classes on SDC I want to do before calling it quits, I was informed by a SDC rep that you don't have to have an active subscription to submit assignments.
Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-22-2018, 12:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You do not need to submit assignments before taking the final. I still haven't submitted the assignments for any of the three UL courses I'm taking through them, but I've taken all three finals

Also, although I'm not planning on doing this because there are still a couple more classes on SDC I want to do before calling it quits, I was informed by a SDC rep that you don't have to have an active subscription to submit assignments.

Interesting. This is the text from the course page "If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit written case studies and pass the proctored final exam. You must submit your papers before registering for the final. "

mysonx3 is it possible to complete a course for credit without submitting an assignment then? 
(11-22-2018, 12:51 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 12:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You do not need to submit assignments before taking the final. I still haven't submitted the assignments for any of the three UL courses I'm taking through them, but I've taken all three finals

Interesting. This is the text from the course page "If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit written case studies and pass the proctored final exam. You must submit your papers before registering for the final. "

mysonx3 is it possible to complete a course for credit without submitting an assignment then? 

If you complete zero of the assignments, then the highest final grade you can get is 67% which isn't high enough to pass the course.
TESU BS NEET (in progress)      Taking a different direction for now.

B&M(22cr): Anat/Phys 1/2 +Labs, Eng Comp 1, Sust. Cities, Orientation Courses, Intro Hlth+Well, Functional Anat/Kin
TESU(4cr): Chem 1 Lab, DC circuits
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training: 85/99cr
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(3cr): Dev Eff Teams, Fdn College Alg, Fdn Stats, Ess Mng Conflict, Fdn English comp, Student Success
Study.com(22cr): Eng 105, Fin 102, His 108, Lib Sci 101, Math 104, Stat 101
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(6cr): Robotics, Cyber
CSM(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Muldoon
(11-22-2018, 01:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 12:51 PM)hallk33 Wrote:

If you complete zero of the assignments, then the highest final grade you can get is 67% which isn't high enough to pass the course.

True, to obtain a 70% you would need to pass all exams and quizzes with a score of 100% and only need to submit an assignment worth 10%. Yes, this would be just barely passing, not taking full advantage of the course and is a risky proposal. But it is interesting to be able to complete a course without having an active subscription. 

Not really what I was planning on doing which is why I was inquiring how long it can take for assignments to be reviewed.
I suggest getting the easiest courses done first from Study.com, if you're doing the course for a BSBA requirement, the alternative would be taking the Study.com LL Business 120 - International Management. It can be done without assignments and I would recommend that instead. If you need a second course for the BSBA GM AOS, then take the current course in addition as it'll be UL.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Muldoon
You can submit your assignments even after you clear the final exams. SDC informed me that I am even allowed to turn in my assignments, should I pause and reactivate my account after a month. But I MUST turn in my assignments to receive my final grades.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math): 124 Cr.

TEEX(6): Cybersecurity 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Essentials of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psychology, Ethics in Social Sciences, Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Special Ed. History & Law, Differentiated Ed., Classroom Management, Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Research methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Molecular & Cellular Biology, Comparative Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 
As others have said, you don't have to do the assignments first. I have completed 2 UL courses so far and did the assignments afterwards. It's been taking about 1 day to get my assignment grades back. Less than a day really as I generally submit them at night and get my grade back around noon the next day. Submitting on the weekend adds a day or two to the mix. Since I take the finals first, my overall grade is then sent to me 1-2 days after receiving my last assignment grade.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone
Getting results back from assignments takes far less time than getting the confirmation of the proctoring for final exams. Assignment results usually post within 24 hours in my experience. Sometimes in less than 2 hours.
In Progress: Considering next steps
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
MBA in IT Management, 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On TESU website : 30-day free trial at Study.com. mvk 49 12,046 24 minutes ago
Last Post: LucindaLogan
  Current Study.com coupon code? jplot002 39 2,568 12-12-2019, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  SDC I/O Psychology Written Assignment BrighterFuture88 2 122 12-11-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Study.com TESU Math Option- Education 211? jsantiagox 4 145 12-10-2019, 05:43 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  TESU/Study.com Ba Lib Arts Link jsantiagox 2 313 12-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Is it still possible to submit a blank page to Study.com AwardTour 11 417 12-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Nixi
  Study.com exam cap? AwardTour 5 224 12-07-2019, 08:05 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 194 99,324 12-05-2019, 01:45 PM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Study.com Upgraded courses? romoh 8 541 11-29-2019, 12:38 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com Accounts ThadF 12 484 11-27-2019, 11:42 AM
Last Post: mysonx3