Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Time to Review Assignment
Hi all,

I signed up for my first SDC class and am working through the material as fast as possible. I'm trying to plan how much time to allocate for completion of each course. I know that the assignments must be submitted before the final can be taken. 

In your experience, how long did it take for the assignment to be reviewed? Does the assignment need to be "graded" or just submitted prior to taking the final? 

FYI I'm currently enrolled in BUS-308 Globalization & International Management. I am looking for another class to sign up for me so if there are any test only options on SDC please let me know.

Thank you all for your input
In my experience I didn't actually need to complete the assignments before I did the final. I did the final, then waited a month and did the last few assignments right before my subscription to SDC ended.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
You do not need to submit assignments before taking the final. I still haven't submitted the assignments for any of the three UL courses I'm taking through them, but I've taken all three finals

Also, although I'm not planning on doing this because there are still a couple more classes on SDC I want to do before calling it quits, I was informed by a SDC rep that you don't have to have an active subscription to submit assignments.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(11-22-2018, 12:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You do not need to submit assignments before taking the final. I still haven't submitted the assignments for any of the three UL courses I'm taking through them, but I've taken all three finals

Also, although I'm not planning on doing this because there are still a couple more classes on SDC I want to do before calling it quits, I was informed by a SDC rep that you don't have to have an active subscription to submit assignments.

Interesting. This is the text from the course page "If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit written case studies and pass the proctored final exam. You must submit your papers before registering for the final. "

mysonx3 is it possible to complete a course for credit without submitting an assignment then? 
(11-22-2018, 12:51 PM)hallk33 Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 12:36 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: You do not need to submit assignments before taking the final. I still haven't submitted the assignments for any of the three UL courses I'm taking through them, but I've taken all three finals

Interesting. This is the text from the course page "If you have a Study.com College Accelerator membership and are seeking college credit for this course, you must submit written case studies and pass the proctored final exam. You must submit your papers before registering for the final. "

mysonx3 is it possible to complete a course for credit without submitting an assignment then? 

If you complete zero of the assignments, then the highest final grade you can get is 67% which isn't high enough to pass the course.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MNomadic's post:
  • Muldoon
(11-22-2018, 01:01 PM)MNomadic Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 12:51 PM)hallk33 Wrote:

If you complete zero of the assignments, then the highest final grade you can get is 67% which isn't high enough to pass the course.

True, to obtain a 70% you would need to pass all exams and quizzes with a score of 100% and only need to submit an assignment worth 10%. Yes, this would be just barely passing, not taking full advantage of the course and is a risky proposal. But it is interesting to be able to complete a course without having an active subscription. 

Not really what I was planning on doing which is why I was inquiring how long it can take for assignments to be reviewed.
I suggest getting the easiest courses done first from Study.com, if you're doing the course for a BSBA requirement, the alternative would be taking the Study.com LL Business 120 - International Management. It can be done without assignments and I would recommend that instead. If you need a second course for the BSBA GM AOS, then take the current course in addition as it'll be UL.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Muldoon
You can submit your assignments even after you clear the final exams. SDC informed me that I am even allowed to turn in my assignments, should I pause and reactivate my account after a month. But I MUST turn in my assignments to receive my final grades.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
As others have said, you don't have to do the assignments first. I have completed 2 UL courses so far and did the assignments afterwards. It's been taking about 1 day to get my assignment grades back. Less than a day really as I generally submit them at night and get my grade back around noon the next day. Submitting on the weekend adds a day or two to the mix. Since I take the finals first, my overall grade is then sent to me 1-2 days after receiving my last assignment grade.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
Getting results back from assignments takes far less time than getting the confirmation of the proctoring for final exams. Assignment results usually post within 24 hours in my experience. Sometimes in less than 2 hours.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,274 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,468 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,575 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,490 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,803 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle