Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Study.com new UL CS courses
Thanks for that info. I'm planning on using it as an elective in the CS AOS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yenisei's post:
  • camjenks
(04-15-2018, 09:36 PM)Pelican Wrote: With the addition of these new CS courses, is it now possible to complete a really affordable CS degree from TESU? This will take care of half of the requirements, right? I deleted my CS degree plan, as I couldn't find enough affordable courses. What other cheap solutions are you using to fulfill the remaining classes?

I verified that DSST Cybersecurity is a 300 level (Upper Level (UL)). Also verified that there's a UL TECEP Networking course that can be used to meet the UL requirements.

That said, I plan to start at Study.com by transferring Calculus I and then make three $2000 payments in order to take what I really want to take, such as AI. This will also enable me to take tough stuff like Calculus II and Linear Algebra twice if need be. Kind of an insurance policy. This also means I can avoid the residency waiver payment.

So transfer back already if, like me, you think you can eventually pass calculus.
I am really mad Angry  Still no go for  database management  and System analysis  (  Study.com ) courses .  

Got this reply :

Here is a link to the Study.com Transfer Guide: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
Please remember that we will not accept Study.com courses unless they’re listed on this guide.
(05-22-2018, 05:51 PM)mvk Wrote: I am really mad Angry  Still no go for  database management  and System analysis  (  Study.com ) courses .  

Got this reply :

Here is a link to the Study.com Transfer Guide: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
Please remember that we will not accept Study.com courses unless they’re listed on this guide.

That's not true.  They just haven't evaluated the newer courses, or even all of the older ones.

Someone on here said that they got Sys Analysis approved and put into their eval where they wanted it (as the CIS requirement).  This was very recent.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-22-2018, 06:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 05:51 PM)mvk Wrote: I am really mad Angry  Still no go for  database management  and System analysis  (  Study.com ) courses .  

Got this reply :

That's not true.  They just haven't evaluated the newer courses, or even all of the older ones.

Someone on here said that they got Sys Analysis approved and put into their eval where they wanted it (as the CIS requirement).  This was very recent.

For that study.com/TESU partnership course transfer list, do you know when that expires?
(05-22-2018, 06:11 PM)acamp Wrote: For that study.com/TESU partnership course transfer list, do you know when that expires?

I think it's safe to say that it's subject to change without notice. Anyone who wants to take an outside course should always get it planned into their academic eval. It's not a guaranty that it won't get changed out from under you, but it does seem to help.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • mvk
(05-22-2018, 06:19 PM)davewill Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 06:11 PM)acamp Wrote: For that study.com/TESU partnership course transfer list, do you know when that expires?

I think it's safe to say that it's subject to change without notice. Anyone who wants to take an outside course should always get it planned into their academic eval. It's not a guaranty that it won't get changed out from under you, but it does seem to help.

Why even bother having that study.com/TESU agreement then, you know?
The CIS AOS electives list shows Systems Analysis II (which is what the Study.com Systems Analysis course came in as- CIS 321), so this may be a case of incorrect information being provided.
(05-22-2018, 11:58 PM)Yenisei Wrote: The CIS AOS electives list shows Systems Analysis II (which is what the Study.com Systems Analysis course came in as- CIS 321), so this may be a case of incorrect information being provided.

This is TESU we're talking about. Unless this coming from an evaluation, you can pretty much assume it is incorrect information since the advisors seem to be wrong more than right these days. I wonder if they are being told to discourage anything beyond what is already agreed to in the existing transfer agreements to discourage alternative credits and push people to take the TESU courses. Particularly in light of the earlier post suggesting that that TESU will be re-evaluating their ACE acceptance criteria in general post 6/30. I assume that may be because the current transfer agreements probably end then as well.

What we do know is that right now the course comes in as CIS-321 Systems Analysis & Design II and at least one other student within the last few weeks got that evaluation and had it accepted as the required Systems Analysis course for the BSBA CIS. They did have to ask for it to be flagged to meet the AOS requirement, but TESU didn't appear to have an issue with it. So at the least, if you have completed the course and didn't get it evaluated as such, you may be able to challenge and ask for the same adjustment based on the previous evaluation.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Given that TESU courses are expensive for most people and the selection is somewhat limited, I don't think that is the way to go, unless they can come up with more reasonably-priced comprehensive tuition plans (closer to the current study.com one rather than the standard one).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 16 850 04-08-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Kab
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 8 7,148 03-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,274 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,583 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,061 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 727 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,632 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,024 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat