Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com referral code - how long?
Hi everyone, i got a referral code from a member here for 20 percent off. The email did not say it was only 20 percent off the 1st month, but this seems to be the case. When I look in my billing, it shows I was billed at the discounted rate for november; but it shows that i will be billed the full $199 for the next month. is this normal? I thought since it didn't say one month only, that it would be every month.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mab81's post:
  • acamp
(11-21-2018, 04:09 PM)Mab81 Wrote: Hi everyone, i got a referral code from a member here for 20 percent off. The email did not say it was only 20 percent off the 1st month, but this seems to be the case. When I look in my billing, it shows I was billed at the discounted rate for november; but it shows that i will be billed the full $199 for the next month. is this normal? I thought since it didn't say one month only, that it would be every month.

First month only
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
There is a workaround with this is, it's to get multiple accounts. There is only one issue with this, for example, if you do courses in other subjects that overlap, the new account will not have the "overlap info" from the previous courses on the first account. In order to alleviate this issue, I recommend if you create a second account and use a new referral code, to do specific courses that overlap. An example, your first account you can use to do all math/sciences, the second account all history/psychology courses, something like that...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • alab21, Muldoon, suzycupcake
(11-21-2018, 05:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There is a workaround with this is, it's to get multiple accounts. There is only one issue with this, for example, if you do courses in other subjects that overlap, the new account will not have the "overlap info" from the previous courses on the first account. In order to alleviate this issue, I recommend if you create a second account and use a new referral code, to do specific courses that overlap. An example, your first account you can use to do all math/sciences, the second account all history/psychology courses, something like that...

I think that rather than making multiple accounts to keep switching every month to get the 20% off each month, it would be more feasible to try for 3-4+ courses in that first month at +$70 per course rather than make a new account to do another 2 courses at 20% off.

related question: if one did use that 20% referral code for their first month, could the discount be applied to the extra tests that month making them only $56 each?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
MNomadic, I always recommend for Study.com to take multiple courses a month (like 4-5), $200/2 exams, and $70/extra exam. The only way to "save" money from Study.com is through their trial and referral discount. Those who think of doing a cheaper subscription for the quizzes/assignments and then getting the College Accelerator is going to be paying the exact amount of anyone starting off with the College Accelerator. Whoever did the pricing scheme for Study.com thought that out perfectly.

In regards to the extra tests, the fee stays the same even if you have a discount code, that code is only for the monthly membership and not the extra exams. By creating multiple accounts, you save $40/month each time you repeat. But again, there is a downside of only doing "specific" courses so they overlap, the previous account courses will not show up to get you through the courses faster.

Example of what I mean by the pricing is the same for College Accelerator and Premium Pricing. Let's choose 10 courses in two months. It doesn't matter how you swing it, the pricing is the same for those 10 courses.

College Accelerator:
$400 for two months, 4 exams included
$420 for 6 additional exams
$820 total for 10 courses over two months

Premium Subscription
$60/month - get all 10 courses done but the finals
$200/month for two exams
$560 for 8 additional exams
$820 total for 10 courses over two months

Note: I did this calculation with a various amount of exams/months and the numbers are the same!
The only way to get discounts from Study.com is from the referral discount and using their 5 or 30-day trial.
Some people were able to finish a course with that 5-day trial and some were able to complete multiple with a 30-day trial.
I don't know how they got that 30-day trial, but if you're one of the lucky ones who scored it, you just saved $60 bucks.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • suzycupcake
@bjcheung77 your math is correct but doesn't account for the fact that it's much easier to get that many exams done in a month if you've already done the quizzes. That's why it would be cheaper - easier to do more in a month

Oops, didn't read carefully enough. Sorry, you were right!
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
Does anyone have a referral code I may use? Appreciate it.
jleissler, I sent you a PM. Reply to this PM with your email address and I'll send that link to your address. The activation is by email address, it sends a unique link to each person I refer.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(11-30-2018, 03:11 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: jleissler, I sent you a PM.  Reply to this PM with your email address and I'll send that link to your address.  The activation is by email address, it sends a unique link to each person I refer.

replied! thank you!
Is there a trick to getting the referral link to work? I was sent a referral from a member here, but the sign up page is still showing a $199 charge, and no mention of a 5 day free trial.
TESU - BALS 114/120

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,209 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,284 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,473 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,613 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue