Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECH Universidad Technologica
(02-15-2022, 05:32 PM)Popestt Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 04:12 PM)sanantone Wrote: The educational group, TECH, is a company based in Spain, but the first and main university created by this company is TECH Universidad Technologica in Mexico aka Aula Digital Mexico LLC. They plan to open schools all over Latin America. The fact that they have over 10,000 degree and certificate programs is kind of concerning, but a minority of them have official recognition.

In Mexico, the Mexican Ministry of Public Education does not grant a general approval for private institutions to award degrees. They grant a Recognition of Official Validity (RVOE) for individual programs offered by a private institution. While an RVOE is not required to legally offer a program, private institutions are required to include a notification to students that a particular program does not have RVOE or they'll risk government sanctions. Without RVOE, your credits may not transfer to other Mexican universities, your degree may not be recognized when applying to graduate programs at other Mexican institutions, you won't qualify for any licenses or professional titles, and your degree might not be recognized as valid in another country. They also have a different set of programs and assignments, like this link with examples of essays about the program sharp. RVOE can be granted at the federal level by the Ministry of Public Education, state governments, or public universities in Mexico.

On top of a government stamp of approval for meeting minimum quality standards, Mexico recognizes accreditors recognized by CHEA (some schools in Mexico are accredited by U.S. accreditors), Council for Accreditation for Higher Education (COPAES grants program-level accreditation), and Federation of Private Mexican Institutions of Higher Education (FIMPES grants institutional-level accreditation). You can potentially work in the private sector in Mexico without RVOE, but this could cause issues in the United States and other countries.  

If you want to check for a program's current status, go to this link below, choose "Mexico City" as the state, and type in "Tech" as the institution name. I found the search function to be finicky, and typing in "Tech" was the only way I could get the school to come up in the search results. There are two campus names: Grenade and Campus.

https://www.sirvoes.sep.gob.mx/sirvoes/mvc/consultas

This document also lists which programs have RVOE.

Mixta = blended or hybrid
Escolarizada = face-to-face
No Escolarizada = online

http://www.sep.gob.mx/work/models/sep1/R...21_K-T.pdf
This is great information! It was a little confusing that the company is located in Spain and the school is technically a Mexican school. As for accreditation, since I already have one regionally accredited Masters and am currently earning another, as well as a doctorate, I was less concerned. My MPH and DHSc will qualify me for most any job that a masters in infectious disease would qualify for. But the additional knowledge and specialization in infectious diseases does look good. When I enrolled, they did offer a "Scholarship" (read: promotional discount) of 50%, so the entire cost will be around $2k. Quite a bit more than some of the spanish masters programs, but the program does appear to contain a more interactive format.

I think in your case it all worked out extremely well and the program is just used for additional knowledge, which is always good. But it is clear that you can not choose such an institution for the first or even the only accreditation. I for myself will think to consider it as a simple addition to what I already have. The truth for such I used to take various free or cheap but short courses that you can pass at your leisure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,523 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,839 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Universidad Central De Nicaragua - Psychology bjcheung77 32 5,933 11-15-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,568 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,413 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,755 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ESHE/ALCALA & UCAM (and other Universidad) Master of Permanent Training in XXX yuwenjiaxuan 9 1,493 05-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,287 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,889 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity! jsd 145 44,566 01-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Last Post: 9yeire