Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECH Universidad Technologica
Recently I have started seeing Ads on Facebook for a school called TECH Universidad Technologica (TECH technological University) which has started offering distance degrees in the United States now. This is a Spain based online school, which does seem to offer their own Masteres Oficiales and Títulos Propios as well as Licenciaturas (official bachelor's degrees), and is also registered to offer degrees in Mexico. I know the difference between Títulos Propios and Master Official has been debated here ad nauseam, but This school interested me because they present themselves as a university on their own, and do not "certify" their degrees through another university. I also feel that the programs and layouts look very professionally designed, way better than the simplistic ENEB style Spanish masters degrees I have seen floating around. On a whim (as any masters degree program should be decided, of course!) I enrolled into their Masters in infectious Diseases and Antimicrobial treatment (I am currently in a regionally accredited MPH program at Rasmussen and a regionally accredited DHSc program at ATSU, so accreditation isn't important to me at this point). Has anyone had any experience with this school? They seem like they could be a pretty powerful player in this degree game we are all playing. I'll happily give reviews of their program as I go along. Tomorrow is my official start date.
In Spain they do not have officials degrees that I know about. Also, I cannot find them in the RUCT. Maybe I miss something?

Anyway you can check it here: https://www.educacion.gob.es/ruct/home

In other parts of the world can be different. For example in Mexico serval degrees are official and accredited according to the Education Department (secretaria de Educación) as you commented.

Please keep us post about how your experience with them develop.
(02-15-2022, 12:16 PM)Popestt Wrote: Recently I have started seeing Ads on Facebook for a school called TECH Universidad Technologica (TECH technological University) which has started offering distance degrees in the United States now. This is a Spain based online school, which does seem to offer their own Masteres Oficiales and Títulos Propios as well as Licenciaturas (official bachelor's degrees), and is also registered to offer degrees in Mexico. I know the difference between Títulos Propios and Master Official has been debated here ad nauseam, but This school interested me because they present themselves as a university on their own, and do not "certify" their degrees through another university.

It is not the lowest cost option for master degrees (in comparison to University of The People, Northern Arizona University, University of Maine Presque Isle, ENEB, and others) regarding MBAs, MITs, MAOLs, and other common master's degree programs, but TECH does offer significantly more choices than its competitors.

Regarding Mexico, TECH is one of the cheaper private universities, but it is still more expensive than many of the country's public universities.
Completed:

Master's Degree, Coaching & Emotional Intelligence, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Business Administration, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Management, Universidad Isabel 1
Master's Degree, Corporate Communication, Universidad Isabel 1
Professional Certificate, IT Support, Google
Professional Certificate, Cybersecurity Analyst, IBM
Bachelor's Degree, Liberal Studies (Management Minor), University of Maine @ Presque Isle
Honors Certificate, Business Writing, University of Colorado
Certificate, Inclusive Leadership, University of Colorado
Master Herbalist Certification, Academy of Natural Health Sciences

The educational group, TECH, is a company based in Spain, but the first and main university created by this company is TECH Universidad Technologica in Mexico aka Aula Digital Mexico LLC. They plan to open schools all over Latin America. The fact that they have over 10,000 degree and certificate programs is kind of concerning, but a minority of them have official recognition.

In Mexico, the Mexican Ministry of Public Education does not grant a general approval for private institutions to award degrees. They grant a Recognition of Official Validity (RVOE) for individual programs offered by a private institution. While an RVOE is not required to legally offer a program, private institutions are required to include a notification to students that a particular program does not have RVOE or they'll risk government sanctions. Without RVOE, your credits may not transfer to other Mexican universities, your degree may not be recognized when applying to graduate programs at other Mexican institutions, you won't qualify for any licenses or professional titles, and your degree might not be recognized as valid in another country. RVOE can be granted at the federal level by the Ministry of Public Education, state governments, or public universities in Mexico.

On top of a government stamp of approval for meeting minimum quality standards, Mexico recognizes accreditors recognized by CHEA (some schools in Mexico are accredited by U.S. accreditors), Council for Accreditation for Higher Education (COPAES grants program-level accreditation), and Federation of Private Mexican Institutions of Higher Education (FIMPES grants institutional-level accreditation). You can potentially work in the private sector in Mexico without RVOE, but this could cause issues in the United States and other countries.

If you want to check for a program's current status, go to this link below, choose "Mexico City" as the state, and type in "Tech" as the institution name. I found the search function to be finicky, and typing in "Tech" was the only way I could get the school to come up in the search results. There are two campus names: Grenade and Campus.

https://www.sirvoes.sep.gob.mx/sirvoes/mvc/consultas

This document also lists which programs have RVOE.

Mixta = blended or hybrid
Escolarizada = face-to-face
No Escolarizada = online

http://www.sep.gob.mx/work/models/sep1/R...21_K-T.pdf
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
How can any "school" have over 10,000 degree and certificate programs? That sounds like a diploma mill.
They do not have 10k degrees. They have some degrees that are the same for each country. Also they have official degrees, the less, and a lot of small courses (which seem be part of the official degrees in many other cases). The biggest difference of offers in education is between the groups: USA, Spain and all the rest (which means following Mexico pattern).

The official studies have a RVOE. Easy to find if you check the lower part of the presentation. You will need to have your documentation validated in Mexico or you cannot finish the degree.
On the U.S. website, they have 10 advanced masters, 191 professional masters, 115 postgraduate diplomas, and 209 postgraduate certificates. Like at most universities, certificate and diploma programs consist of courses offered in degree programs, but this sounds like an administrative nightmare. It's Mexico's version of Liberty University.

Their transcript and diploma fees are expensive.

DOCTORATE (Ph.D.)

Official degree and transcript, without a Hague apostille: $227 USD.

Official degree and transcript, with a Hague apostille: $907 USD.

MASTER'S DEGREE

Official degree and transcript, without a Hague apostille: $227 USD.

Official degree and transcript, with a Hague apostille: $907 USD.

BACHELOR'S DEGREE

Official degree and transcript, without a Hague apostille: $454 USD.

Official degree and transcript, with a Hague apostille: $1,135 USD.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(02-15-2022, 04:12 PM)sanantone Wrote: The educational group, TECH, is a company based in Spain, but the first and main university created by this company is TECH Universidad Technologica in Mexico aka Aula Digital Mexico LLC. They plan to open schools all over Latin America. The fact that they have over 10,000 degree and certificate programs is kind of concerning, but a minority of them have official recognition.

In Mexico, the Mexican Ministry of Public Education does not grant a general approval for private institutions to award degrees. They grant a Recognition of Official Validity (RVOE) for individual programs offered by a private institution. While an RVOE is not required to legally offer a program, private institutions are required to include a notification to students that a particular program does not have RVOE or they'll risk government sanctions. Without RVOE, your credits may not transfer to other Mexican universities, your degree may not be recognized when applying to graduate programs at other Mexican institutions, you won't qualify for any licenses or professional titles, and your degree might not be recognized as valid in another country. RVOE can be granted at the federal level by the Ministry of Public Education, state governments, or public universities in Mexico.

On top of a government stamp of approval for meeting minimum quality standards, Mexico recognizes accreditors recognized by CHEA (some schools in Mexico are accredited by U.S. accreditors), Council for Accreditation for Higher Education (COPAES grants program-level accreditation), and Federation of Private Mexican Institutions of Higher Education (FIMPES grants institutional-level accreditation). You can potentially work in the private sector in Mexico without RVOE, but this could cause issues in the United States and other countries.  

If you want to check for a program's current status, go to this link below, choose "Mexico City" as the state, and type in "Tech" as the institution name. I found the search function to be finicky, and typing in "Tech" was the only way I could get the school to come up in the search results. There are two campus names: Grenade and Campus.

https://www.sirvoes.sep.gob.mx/sirvoes/mvc/consultas

This document also lists which programs have RVOE.

Mixta = blended or hybrid
Escolarizada = face-to-face
No Escolarizada = online

http://www.sep.gob.mx/work/models/sep1/R...21_K-T.pdf
This is great information! It was a little confusing that the company is located in Spain and the school is technically a Mexican school. As for accreditation, since I already have one regionally accredited Masters and am currently earning another, as well as a doctorate, I was less concerned. My MPH and DHSc will qualify me for most any job that a masters in infectious disease would qualify for. But the additional knowledge and specialization in infectious diseases does look good. When I enrolled, they did offer a "Scholarship" (read: promotional discount) of 50%, so the entire cost will be around $2k. Quite a bit more than some of the spanish masters programs, but the program does appear to contain a more interactive format.
The instructor for the Master in Educational Psychopedagogy only has a bachelor's degree.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
TECH has some...interesting marketing practices. On Trust Pilot, it appears they've flooded the website with positive reviews. They unprofessionally challenge negative reviews. They're now in a public spat with public officials in the Canary Islands over allegations that TECH has engaged in misleading advertising.

https://spainsnews.com/education-reports...vertising/

For a school that claims to be the largest online university in the world, I expected to find more discussions on various forums and more graduates and current students on LinkedIn. It's easier to find information on ENEB.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coursera Illinois Tech MBA Vle045 8 2,555 03-08-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
Question I would like to know if anyone knows Tech University? Yefren 16 1,855 11-28-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: datby98
  Universidad Central De Nicaragua - Psychology bjcheung77 32 5,977 11-15-2023, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ENEB transfer credit to Universidad Azteca/UCN and others Kalas 14 2,608 10-06-2023, 09:28 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,440 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,810 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  ESHE/ALCALA & UCAM (and other Universidad) Master of Permanent Training in XXX yuwenjiaxuan 9 1,504 05-24-2023, 06:00 AM
Last Post: Messdiener
  Technical Tech University Jerry123 6 1,323 03-15-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  LSUS MBA VS La Tech MBA gator1873 13 2,958 02-05-2023, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  ACCEPTED into Georgia Tech's OMS Cybersecurity! jsd 145 44,690 01-11-2023, 05:10 PM
Last Post: 9yeire