Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Enrollment requirements
In the thread "I have to write a letter..." LaceyLady wrote:

Quote:Because I was 16 at the time, I had to confirm that I had graduated high school, but since you are over 18, that should not be an issue.

Since I want to use dual enrollment, I'm interested to know how one would do that. Although I'm also 16, I've got 108 credits that fit into a BSBA in General Management, and now only need to take 4 TECEPs. So they do not have to worry about me not graduating...

Do I have to show that I graduated from HS? Do I only have to confirm that I graduated from HS, or do I have to send a certificate, etc.? Because I certainly have a higher than HS level (as my credits show), but I have not graduated from an official school.

Thank you for all the information I could get from this site before I wrote this first message!
That is quite an accomplishment. I have no idea and would recommend that you call them today to find out. Do you mind telling us more about how you earned these credits so I can share your story with others who have kids in high school?
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
99.9% of colleges won't ask for high school diploma if you have 24 college credits. However since you are 16 they might ask for high school diploma.

They might waive the requirement of High School diploma however if they don't, the state of New York has a provision for cases like yours: if the lack of HS diploma is the impediment for you to get a college degree, they will grant a GED based on your college credit.

Please check this link:
Registration and Records G.E.D. General Equivalency Diploma

I hope this helps!
You could try calling the admissions office and ask your question. They are open until 6pm eastern and can be reached at 1-888-442-8372. I called them earlier today for my own reasons other than age since I meet that requirement and they were very nice, just press one and if they ask for a student ID number say you are working on an application for admission. I've read they require a HS diploma but I'm assuming that is more important for adult students who dropped out and have been away a while and may need to catch back up.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
Soaring Eagle Wrote:In the thread "I have to write a letter..." LaceyLady wrote:

Since I want to use dual enrollment, I'm interested to know how one would do that. Although I'm also 16, I've got 108 credits that fit into a BSBA in General Management, and now only need to take 4 TECEPs. So they do not have to worry about me not graduating...

Do I have to show that I graduated from HS? Do I only have to confirm that I graduated from HS, or do I have to send a certificate, etc.? Because I certainly have a higher than HS level (as my credits show), but I have not graduated from an official school.

Thank you for all the information I could get from this site before I wrote this first message!

It doesn't matter if you call it dual enrollment or not, you'll still be allowed to enroll. You simply have to write a brief letter asking for an age waiver. What your highschool (or homeschool whichever the case may be) does with the credits is irrelevant to TESC. Hope that helps. Congrats btw, you're very close!
For a sample letter, search the member Farmerboy, I think he posted his letter publicly.
If you have taken the GED or any other high school exit exam, that will work. Even if you haven't, TESC is not very obsessive about it. Don't sweat it. Just ask for an age req. waiver and you'll be good.
Thank you!

@ ryoder: I'll be posting my story when I'm done, suffice to say now that I did a CLEP at 15 years of age, then four more, then six more, then... It is entirely possible for sixteen-year-olds to get a college-degree. It only takes motivation and thinking outside of the box.
Just try it out. Take a CLEP in a subject that interests you. It does not matter whether you pass or fail. If you fail, no big deal. If you pass, hey! Three credits! Then continue with some more difficult subjects. Plan ahead!

Thanks again to the people who took the time to respond.
I love your attitude. I am not asking for myself because I am a recovering clep aholic. I want to convince parents that their kids can graduate college before high school. People usually don't believe me or think their kid can't learn independently. Congrats again.

Soaring Eagle Wrote:Thank you!

@ ryoder: I'll be posting my story when I'm done, suffice to say now that I did a CLEP at 15 years of age, then four more, then six more, then... It is entirely possible for sixteen-year-olds to get a college-degree. It only takes motivation and thinking outside of the box.
Just try it out. Take a CLEP in a subject that interests you. It does not matter whether you pass or fail. If you fail, no big deal. If you pass, hey! Three credits! Then continue with some more difficult subjects. Plan ahead!

Thanks again to the people who took the time to respond.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Hello, I haven't been on the forum for a while and I missed this thread until now. The OP probably doesn't need any more help at this point, but I will answer the question anyway just in case there are others in a similar situation with similar questions.

I simply confirmed that I had graduated and that the graduation is recognized by my state. TESC did not require any documentation. Since I was homeschooled I did not have an official diploma, certificate, or transcripts, and that was not an issue. As I stated in the quoted thread, I sent a letter requesting a waiver of the age requirement, confirmed that I had graduated, applied and was accepted.

By the way, Soaring Eagle, that is a great accomplishment! 108 credits at 16! Congratulations! I don't even have 108 credits now and I am... 19.
[SIZE="1"]BSBA in Accounting at TESC - Done! :hurray:
Started June 2009 with zero credits, now have 133!

CLEP:
English Literature - 67, Chemistry - 60, Microeconomics - 69, Macroeconomics - 77, U.S. History I - 68, U.S. History II - 64, American Government - 64, Humanities - 68, College Algebra - 64, English Composition - 56, Financial Accounting - 80 Smile, Principles of Management - 74, Intro. Business Law - 73, Principles of Marketing - 79, Info. Systems & Computer Applications - 77

DSST:
Introduction to Business - 446, Human/Cultural Geography - 69, Personal Finance - 463, Principles of Supervision - 443, Organizational Behavior - 76, Human Resource Management - 77, Business Ethics and Society - 468, Principles of Finance - 471, Management Information Systems - 447, Money and Banking - 73

TECEP:
Financial Institutions and Markets, Federal Income Taxation, Strategic Management

Straighterline Course:
Business Communication
[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,688 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,758 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help me fill degree requirements TESU BS NEET MNomadic 10 3,089 08-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: davewill
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,674 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Contact an advisor requirements at TESU Johmford 2 1,264 06-22-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  Help! Advice needed! TESU enrollment expiring. Lewis.Yim 15 4,421 05-18-2018, 09:22 AM
Last Post: sheptr
  Tesu bals requirements??? cali86 9 2,020 04-26-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Tripletmom
  TESU enrollment question Mab81 6 1,738 04-06-2018, 07:21 AM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS Graduation requirements LuluBishus 11 2,800 03-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Last Post: CISbender
  enrollment question homeschoolmom1 5 1,189 02-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: davewill