Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC not accepting class - appeals?
HELP ! Has anyone had any success in getting a no-credit decision overturned? What was the process? TESC will not accepted 3 of my classes from U of Washington and Central Wash University (both major RA B&M) without a syllabus.

One)- Macroecon, I just Clepped it -class was long ago, renovating the building/records packed in storage, etc.....

Two)- Math 105, which is a Pre-calc class they said was Developmental even AFTER I sent syllabus PROVING it wasn't, but I don't need those particular credits anyway, so never mind....

Three)- PROBLEM. I took BSAD 398 Personal Investment(Securities Analysis, not Balance Your Checkbook) at CWU in 1978. It was a one-time, special topic class- they have no course description or syllabus from that long ago. I would think that a 300-level class from a 100 year old (CWU, not me- I'm only 54) RA B&M school would speak for itself.

I have a 1-credit hole in both GMS electives and Business electives for my BSBA Management, thanks to quarter hour/semester hour conversion - these 2.67 credits would fill nicely.

I am taking Accounting Clep as I have 2-2 credit classes. The adviser DID say that they will swap 3 credit Clep for 2 credit class AND that these 5 will fill my Accounting requirements...... I don't think I can use these two credits for my 1-credit holes, but ?????

Other than that, I am down to Mgr Comm (guided study) and 3 Teceps (including Bus Policy).

Any help would be greatly appreciated ( are you listening Jennifer?) Thanks, Greg
gregjohnson Wrote:HELP ! Has anyone had any success in getting a no-credit decision overturned? What was the process? TESC will not accepted 3 of my classes from U of Washington and Central Wash University (both major RA B&M) without a syllabus.

One)- Macroecon, I just Clepped it -class was long ago, renovating the building/records packed in storage, etc.....

Two)- Math 105, which is a Pre-calc class they said was Developmental even AFTER I sent syllabus PROVING it wasn't, but I don't need those particular credits anyway, so never mind....

Three)- PROBLEM. I took BSAD 398 Personal Investment(Securities Analysis, not Balance Your Checkbook) at CWU in 1978. It was a one-time, special topic class- they have no course description or syllabus from that long ago. I would think that a 300-level class from a 100 year old (CWU, not me- I'm only 54) RA B&M school would speak for itself.

I have a 1-credit hole in both GMS electives and Business electives for my BSBA Management, thanks to quarter hour/semester hour conversion - these 2.67 credits would fill nicely.

I am taking Accounting Clep as I have 2-2 credit classes. The adviser DID say that they will swap 3 credit Clep for 2 credit class AND that these 5 will fill my Accounting requirements...... I don't think I can use these two credits for my 1-credit holes, but ?????

Other than that, I am down to Mgr Comm (guided study) and 3 Teceps (including Bus Policy).

Any help would be greatly appreciated ( are you listening Jennifer?) Thanks, Greg

Sheesh. I don't know. Your best bet might be to get the Math105 in. One hundred level is a magic number- it means it "counts" or "doesn't" by the college. Typically developmental classes come in under 100, like 089, 099,085, etc. These wouldn't "count" on you 120 credits, but would be required in many instances. Your issuing college puts precal at 105, so that (to me) is a big point. I think you have the best possibility for fighting that one, ask TESC what they want from you.

Re: the old class with no syllabus:
Ok- you don't need a syllabus, you need a catalog course description. Your issuing college DOES save old college catalogs- probably since day 1- so you need to find someone else to help you look. They might be on microfilm LOL, but I'm sure they have them. I'd make an apt to talk with a supervisor in registration. Regular "window workers" who register students may have no idea how to find this information, so they assume it doesn't exist. It does.

Additionally, you could go to the department coordinator (whichever department offered the class- you need to hope it was the business department and not continuing education or it's game over-even if credit was awarded) and tell him you need the COURSE DEVELOPMENT MODEL. There is one of these somewhere, someone had to submit one for approval to offer the course. It could be called something different at your school, but it is a template outlining the credit to be issued, course competencies, topical outline, and contact hours.

That's the best I can do. The only way to win with TESC, is to meet the requirement, they won't waive it. So, you need to find the info TESC wants, and sometimes that can be a pain. Let me know what you find out from your issuing college.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,634 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,531 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,391 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,817 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Easy TESU Class...need help omuneek 4 1,492 06-20-2018, 01:36 PM
Last Post: omuneek
  Easiest Math Class for TESU BALS? Kickedthehabit2 3 1,433 05-21-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Easy TESU class? sarg123 19 4,665 04-26-2018, 12:28 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  One hour UL class for COSC frank.f.franky 4 1,770 04-16-2018, 11:51 PM
Last Post: boalex207
  Thomas Edison Calculus Class ALstudent 8 2,444 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: frank.f.franky