Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS
When receiving an evaluation are you able to let the advisers know you want a certain class to be in a certain slot?  For example, I've already completed Business Ethics but it is slotted in elsewhere for the BALS.  

Also, for UL classes in the NC degree is there a thread anywhere that has most of the known sources?
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(04-03-2019, 10:01 AM)darthweezy Wrote: When receiving an evaluation are you able to let the advisers know you want a certain class to be in a certain slot?  For example, I've already completed Business Ethics but it is slotted in elsewhere for the BALS.  

Also, for UL classes in the NC degree is there a thread anywhere that has most of the known sources?

If you are enrolled you can ask advising to move courses around to fit your degree plan if that is important to you.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
They normally put it in according to priority (for a BALS, it's the UL AOS, LL AOS, then specific requirements for GE, then GE Electives, then Free Electives). So if you took the free 2cr Insurance Ethics course, and they've stuck it in the UL AOS area (where a 2cr course isn't at all helpful if you've taken or are planning to take all 3cr courses), then you can just ask them to move it to ethics and they will.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-03-2019, 10:01 AM)darthweezy Wrote: When receiving an evaluation are you able to let the advisers know you want a certain class to be in a certain slot?  For example, I've already completed Business Ethics but it is slotted in elsewhere for the BALS.  

Let me take one guess, your previous Ethics course articulated on your transcript as PHI-384?

To answer your question, you can write to them or open a ticket and they will gladly move it for you.  I have done so many times.

More than likely, your Ethics came in as Upper Level, so they put it there for you.  I left my PHI-384 in the UL slot and simply took another quick and easy LL Ethics course from Study, to satisfy the Ethics category.  In my opinion it was much quicker and easier than trying to take an additional UL course. LL Ethics from Study was quick and easy, in one day. Another UL class would have been longer and required writing. You may be in a different situation than me, but in my case, it was the way to go. I actually had my UL Ethics doubled up. The Ethics course from Straighterline came in as PHI-384, so did the Institutes Ethics. They tagged the Institutes Ethics as being duplicate and it didn't count for anything.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

(04-03-2019, 10:52 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote:

Let me take one guess, your previous Ethics course articulated on your transcript as PHI-384?

To answer your question, you can write to them or open a ticket and they will gladly move it for you.  I have done so many times.

More than likely, your Ethics came in as Upper Level, so they put it there for you.  I left my PHI-384 in the UL slot and simply took another quick and easy LL Ethics course from Study, to satisfy the Ethics category.  In my opinion it was much quicker and easier than trying to take an additional UL course.  LL Ethics from Study was quick and easy, in one day.  Another UL class would have been longer and required writing.  You may be in a different situation than me, but in my case, it was the way to go.  I actually had my UL Ethics doubled up.  The Ethics course from Straighterline came in as PHI-384, so did the Institutes Ethics.  They tagged the Institutes Ethics as being duplicate and it didn't count for anything.

I would understand if that was the scenario but this came in as LL PHI-285.  It is the Business Ethics course from SL.  The odd thing is I have other CJ classes that should fill the same slot this one went to in the LL AOS section.  I am actually slotted for the BACS but some stuff has come up that I was to just knock out the BALS quicker so I'm trying to see what shifted where when making the change.
(04-03-2019, 03:49 PM)darthweezy Wrote:

More than likely, your Ethics came in as Upper Level, so they put it there for you.  I left my PHI-384 in the UL slot and simply took another quick and easy LL Ethics course from Study, to satisfy the Ethics category.  In my opinion it was much quicker and easier than trying to take an additional UL course.  LL Ethics from Study was quick and easy, in one day.  Another UL class would have been longer and required writing.  You may be in a different situation than me, but in my case, it was the way to go.  I actually had my UL Ethics doubled up.  The Ethics course from Straighterline came in as PHI-384, so did the Institutes Ethics.  They tagged the Institutes Ethics as being duplicate and it didn't count for anything.

I would understand if that was the scenario but this came in as LL PHI-285.  It is the Business Ethics course from SL.  The odd thing is I have other CJ classes that should fill the same slot this one went to in the LL AOS section.  I am actually slotted for the BACS but some stuff has come up that I was to just knock out the BALS quicker so I'm trying to see what shifted where when making the change.

Per my earlier post, AOS has priority over specific requirements in GE, so they'll always stick stuff there first.

Also, they will also put 200-level courses down in the AOS before 100-level courses since there's a limit on how many 100-level courses can work in the AOS (in this case, 6cr).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-03-2019, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 03:49 PM)darthweezy Wrote:

Per my earlier post, AOS has priority over specific requirements in GE, so they'll always stick stuff there first.

Also, they will also put 200-level courses down in the AOS before 100-level courses since there's a limit on how many 100-level courses can work in the AOS (in this case, 6cr).

Ahh, the AOS taking priority is it.  I should be able to change some up though since I would still be fine with the 6cr being 100-level in the AOS.  Thanks.
(04-03-2019, 04:31 PM)darthweezy Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 04:08 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Per my earlier post, AOS has priority over specific requirements in GE, so they'll always stick stuff there first.

Ahh, the AOS taking priority is it.  I should be able to change some up though since I would still be fine with the 6cr being 100-level in the AOS.  Thanks.

The AOS taking priority is about TESU's priority when assigning courses to different spots during an eval.  You can always have them move things.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 268 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch