Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA CIS - Pathway Needed
Typically you would complete all of your ACE courses and have your 90 credits completed before applying to UMPI. Or be able to get them all completed by the time you would enroll for the session. I would take Eng Comp 2 at UMPI. You need far more than Spanish and Bio to have 90 transferable credits to UMPI. 

I'd start by reading through this thread:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...E-APPLYING
(06-19-2022, 07:20 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Typically you would complete all of your ACE courses and have your 90 credits completed before applying to UMPI. Or be able to get them all completed by the time you would enroll for the session. I would take Eng Comp 2 at UMPI. You need far more than Spanish and Bio to have 90 transferable credits to UMPI. 

I'd start by reading through this thread:

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...E-APPLYING

Thanks ss20ts, I'll start by giving this a look.
ss20ts Wrote:They finish the degree in 2-3 sessions because they've transferred in 90 usable credits. The OP doesn't have 90 transferable credits. The GEC is 40 credits alone and the OP has less than half of it completed.

Yes, the OP's working on those 90 credits as of now...

GoLurker22 Wrote:In the event that I decided to go the UMPI route, would it be better to: 1) finish up Business Law, 2) take and complete Spanish 1 at Sophia next, 3) then take the Study.com Bio with lab, 4) apply to UMPI and take my second required English class there? I'm definitely going to give this option some strong consideration.

Pretty much, create a spreadsheet template with the requirements and then I would work on Sophia.org for the bulk of the courses required, then Study.com for Biology w/lab and any other courses from this template that was updated by one of our mods, LevelUP: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-19-2022, 07:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
ss20ts Wrote:They finish the degree in 2-3 sessions because they've transferred in 90 usable credits. The OP doesn't have 90 transferable credits. The GEC is 40 credits alone and the OP has less than half of it completed.

Yes, the OP's working on those 90 credits as of now...

GoLurker22 Wrote:In the event that I decided to go the UMPI route, would it be better to: 1) finish up Business Law, 2) take and complete Spanish 1 at Sophia next, 3) then take the Study.com Bio with lab, 4) apply to UMPI and take my second required English class there? I'm definitely going to give this option some strong consideration.

Pretty much, create a spreadsheet template with the requirements and then I would work on Sophia.org for the bulk of the courses required, then Study.com for Biology w/lab and any other courses from this template that was updated by one of our mods, LevelUP: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Thank you bjcheung77, I will do this. Also, given the amount of credits that I currently have, would the Pierpont BOG AAS be a viable path as well?
@GoLurker22 - Weird, sorry, I missed this post... Anyways, my answer is exactly this one here, I'll just copy/paste the entire thing, you just need to change this from WGU to TESU or UMPI: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid370097

Easy, you're trying too hard, keep it simple, get the 1 graded credit from ASU for $25 quickly, finish a few more of your Sophia.org courses or other ACE credits for transfer, when you reach the required 21 general education and 39 free electives, transfer those credits into Pierpont. Don't even bother transferring from WGU towards your Pierpont because (at the time of this writing, they only really need 1 graded RA credit, not the full 12 RA graded credits).

You don't even need to take your time to "think about this", just get the credits sent over and continue working towards credits that can transfer into WGU. One word of advice, if you're going for a WGU IT degree, your Pierpont BOG AAS should be a "business emphasis", because you don't want the redundant IT emphasis for no reason, if you do 5 Sophia.org "business" courses, you're already there! Don't think too much and make it more complex, the easy way is this!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-23-2022, 12:21 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @GoLurker22 - Weird, sorry, I missed this post... Anyways, my answer is exactly this one here, I'll just copy/paste the entire thing, you just need to change this from WGU to TESU or UMPI: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid370097

Easy, you're trying too hard, keep it simple, get the 1 graded credit from ASU for $25 quickly, finish a few more of your Sophia.org courses or other ACE credits for transfer, when you reach the required 21 general education and 39 free electives, transfer those credits into Pierpont. Don't even bother transferring from WGU towards your Pierpont because (at the time of this writing, they only really need 1 graded RA credit, not the full 12 RA graded credits).

You don't even need to take your time to "think about this", just get the credits sent over and continue working towards credits that can transfer into WGU. One word of advice, if you're going for a WGU IT degree, your Pierpont BOG AAS should be a "business emphasis", because you don't want the redundant IT emphasis for no reason, if you do 5 Sophia.org "business" courses, you're already there! Don't think too much and make it more complex, the easy way is this!

Thanks again bjcheung77! I'm leaning heavily towards also going the Pierpont AAS route since I'll hopefully have all of the required credits done by the end of next week at the latest. If I knock out Visual Communications/Intro to Web Development on Sophia, I'm thinking that this will move me over the finish line.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 616 1 hour ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 376 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU BACS course selection for OMSCS warre 29 856 03-14-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: warre
  LU to TESU or UMPI - please help! CharisandJon 17 635 03-14-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BA in Communications at TESU Deetzin 2 171 03-12-2024, 02:17 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Help Understanding UMPI Pathway LukeGlanton 9 446 03-11-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: LukeGlanton
  Computer Science Degree Needed lifted567 30 2,333 03-05-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: lifted567
  AA degree to BS Psychology - advice needed StJackson 7 285 02-26-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Advice Needed - Degree Planning - Help Please Caecal07 5 359 02-23-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: Caecal07
  Advice needed for Health Degree thethinker58 12 961 02-14-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: thethinker58