Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Masters in Data Science
Hi I have a question about the Masters in Data Science at TESU. I'm completing the BS right now and was wondering since a majority of the Masters credits and electives are the same ones in the BS. Would I only have to take 2 or 3 classes for the masters? Or am I mistaken. Because all the elective credits and most of the other credits can be taken as part of the BS.
Short answer - No can do bro! Even if the courses in the Undergrad are exactly identical in what is taught (and their course numbers are different), it can't be used for the Masters. The main reason is, the info may be different, how it's taught, depth of research, etc...

Long answer: Read here, it's been discussed already. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ta+science
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
WGU has a MS in Data Analytics if you want a better price.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/bachelors...rs-program

I'm not at a no on this.
It is not listed as an option, but ignore that and email TESU directly and ask if your program can be designed to be a Bachelors to Master's program. This gives you graduate credit at undergrad price that CAN be used in your Master's.

I can think of a few pros / cons but I'll let you consider those after you find out if it can even be done. I'm 50/50 that it could happen.
So if I can't use the same courses, I'll probably just get the BA in Computer Science. If I do that, and than just take the statistics.com courses listed on the MS Data Science page, I would then only have to take the capstone right?
(05-22-2019, 12:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: WGU has a MS in Data Analytics if you want a better price.

Hi dfrecore,

Is it possible to do WGU MS in Data Analytics after completing BSBA CIS from TESU?
------------------

(05-22-2019, 08:09 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 12:14 PM)dfrecore Wrote: WGU has a MS in Data Analytics if you want a better price.

Hi dfrecore,

Is it possible to do WGU MS in Data Analytics after completing BSBA CIS from TESU?

No. The BSBA in CIS will not meet their prerequisite degree requirement. I already tried enrolling since I had previously applied to WGU, so all I needed to do was change my program of interest. WGU is inflexible when it comes to prerequisite degree requirements. I could take a dozen data science courses, and WGU would still not admit me since I have a BSBA in CIS instead of a major in Information Systems. There are other ways to qualify.

Quote:

• Option 2: Hold an Udacity nanodegree in data analytics.

• Option 3: Submit a résumé for review showing at least 3 years of significant and recent experience in data analysis.

• Option 4: Provide verification of a current Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, or SAS certification that has been earned in the past five years.

Mini-rant: WGU's degree requirements are stupid. Almost every other school will take into consideration how many courses you've taken in a subject.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • akr680
(05-22-2019, 08:32 PM)sanantone Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:09 PM)akr680 Wrote:

Hi dfrecore,

No. The BSBA in CIS will not meet their prerequisite degree requirement. I already tried enrolling since I had previously applied to WGU, so all I needed to do was change my program of interest. WGU is inflexible when it comes to prerequisite degree requirements. I could take a dozen data science courses, and WGU would still not admit me since I have a BSBA in CIS instead of a major in Information Systems. There are other ways to qualify.

Quote:
  • Option 2: Hold an Udacity nanodegree in data analytics.

• Option 3: Submit a résumé for review showing at least 3 years of significant and recent experience in data analysis.

• Option 4: Provide verification of a current Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, or SAS certification that has been earned in the past five years.

Mini-rant: WGU's degree requirements are stupid. Almost every other school will take into consideration how many courses you've taken in a subject.

Thanks for the details. WGU is not flexible, they're not accepting certifications older than 5 years as well as computer courses. Therefore they're not accepting my Advanced Diploma in Computer application (2002) which has 30 credits. 

The best option would be completing Oracle SQL, Oracle BI, or SAS certification. I think this route would be easy.
------------------

(05-22-2019, 10:09 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:32 PM)sanantone Wrote: Mini-rant: WGU's degree requirements are stupid. Almost every other school will take into consideration how many courses you've taken in a subject.

Thanks for the details. WGU is not flexible, they're not accepting certifications older than 5 years as well as computer courses. Therefore they're not accepting my Advanced Diploma in Computer application (2002) which has 30 credits. 

I would say that MOST schools won't take certs older than 5 years.  This is very common.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • akr680
(05-23-2019, 06:15 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 10:09 PM)akr680 Wrote:
(05-22-2019, 08:32 PM)sanantone Wrote: Mini-rant: WGU's degree requirements are stupid. Almost every other school will take into consideration how many courses you've taken in a subject.

I would say that MOST schools won't take certs older than 5 years.  This is very common.

But they should accept a Regionally accredited Diploma at least. WGU IT degrees are based on certifications, What will happen after 5 years? The industry knows about this, don't they think this degree is outdated after 5 years.
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP