Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU/Study.com tuition discount going away July 1, 2020
Hey does anyone know if you send your study.com transcript in to tesu, if it shows up under your account for transcripts received I know i sent my  study.com transcript in and got credit at tesu for a comm class. I am pretty sure i sent it via study.com to tesu. however i see the class credit on my evaluation but not under my list of transcripts on my student page. i canceled my study.com account because I was done with it, and cant access much off of it. ive been on hold with the registrars office forever.

anyone know how that works?? Also for study.com can you use more than one email address?
(06-01-2020, 10:16 PM)Lacedonia4 Wrote:
(06-01-2020, 04:21 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Study.com with the discount is $180.  Anyone needs a discount, just PM me with your email.  I'll be a study.com member for the rest of the year.

Another great thing about Study.com is you can take all the classes you want, it is unlimited.  It is just to get the credit you have to pay $70 extra once you go over 2 per month.  

There are study.com classes to help you prepare for TECEP, CLEP, DSST and other exams. Want to dabble in a foreign language?  They got that there too.
are the foreign language courses also for credit? so that is the only amount on study.com and each course doesn't cost extra?

They only have Spanish courses for college credit.  Spanish 101,102,105
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(05-31-2020, 08:46 AM)jcooke Wrote: Is there a way to see on Student Services/myEdison if your account is affiliated with Study.com?
I opened a ticket with them about this and evaluation and it was closed.
I'm starting to get frustrated with TESU about their lack of help and lack of transparency.
I asked if my account was affiliated with Study.com and I also wanted an update since they received an updated ACE transcript for me on the 21st and still have not entered any information. Every other transcript I've sent has been added within an average of 2 days after them receiving it. They are ACE credits with Sophia and TEEX if that makes any difference.

did u figure out if you can see if account is affiliated with study.com?? im waiting to hear back still too. ive tried calling a few times and keep getting disconnected while on hold forever.

(05-28-2020, 01:38 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you want the affliliate discount, this is your last chance!

Tuition Rate Change
Effective July 1, 2020, new students will no longer be accepted into the Study.com partnership with the tuition reduction benefit. All Study.com students who apply by June 30, 2020, will continue to receive the partnership's tuition reduction, providing their student accounts remain current as per University policies.

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/index
hey dfrecore
do u know what your profile should say if you are affiliated for the study.com discount?? im pretty sure i applied with study.com on my app but i dont remember. i did send a transcript last year and i dont see them listed under transcripts. under my profile i see wait the CPIAC Corporate Choice inactive. i enrolled in a tecep for this term and they said it wont change to active till the 10th day of the term (so tomorrow). im not getting word back from tesu about my affiliation for the discount etc.
There seems to be some variation in this: CPPEN Corporate Choice Enrolled, CPAPP Corporate Choice Applicant etc.....I guess just based on current student status (enrolled, applicant, inactive). If you have study.com credits on your eval, you are good. It would seem maybe tomorrow yours will change back to applicant and I'd just call and confirm that the partnership is indeed still applied to your account.
If you're trying to get in on the discount before the window closes, a couple of suggestions:

Take Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace first. It is very, very short and relatively easy. I tested out of a portion and finished the rest in 2-3 hours. For the most part, it is common sense stuff but I did learn a few new things.

Library Science 101: Information Literacy is about 2x as long and has more vocabulary that it expects you to know. IMO, it will be very useful to anyone working on his or her degree to take this. Good information on how to properly cite things, how to decide what sources to use, etc. I did not realize that I could test out of anything until I was about halfway through the course already. This one I finished in 3-4 days but I was working on other stuff as well.

Business 109: Intro to Computing appears to be easier and shorter than Computer Science 103: Computer Concepts and Applications, though they both apparently come in to TESU as COS-101: Introduction to Computers. If you happen to need this, for whatever reason, the business version will be faster to complete.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • GizmoJack, lillingworth
Yeah I don't see the "placement test" option with Library Science, but with every other course I've went to so far it is there. Is it only there if you haven't yet enrolled in the course? ...That doesn't make much sense but I can't think of anything else.
If it's not there at all, that would explain why I didn't see it!
Hey, all, please let me first state that you are an awesome group, and I have greatly appreciated and profited from all the time and advice folks have so generously shared.  Having said that, I will try to post helpful things in the future to return the blessing.

Here's my question:

Has anyone noticed the Notice on TESU's website announcing a big change in the Study.com-TESU affiliate program?  Apparently, if you are have not checked off the "Study.com Affiliate" box on your application BEFORE JULY 1, 2020, you will no longer be able to receive the SDC discount on tuition.  In other words, the SDC tuition discount will no longer be available after July 1, 2020.  The tuition discount is substantial!

So, I have a question out to SDC to confirm the details of how this plays out.  I'd be happy to share what they say.

In the meantime, does anyone know more details on how the affiliate program works, in terms of what it would take to make sure that when my folks apply to TESU this month, they can lock in the discount?

Do you have to have a certain number of classes COMPLETED at SDC to be able to "check the box" on the TESU application?  Is it adequate to just be enrolled in SDC's College Accellerator Subscription to qualify?  My plan was to have folks take several UL courses at SDC, but perhaps we should just look at Coopersmith or DAVAR, if we are already going to be stuck without a SDC tuition discount.

I'm trying to pin down these details, especially since the deadlines are fast approaching.  Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks!
In order to get the discount, you'd need to apply and get a SDC course in to TESU before July 1st. The window for doing that is dwindling rapidly. It's probably still possible for someone who does "Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace" as quickly as possible. It can be done, including the test, in under a day. "Library Science 101: Information Literacy" is another relatively short course. It can, theoretically, be done in less than a day but may take 2 or 3 realistically.
(06-12-2020, 12:59 PM)mudd3.0 Wrote: I'm trying to pin down these details, especially since the deadlines are fast approaching.  Any insights would be appreciated!

I merged your thread into the existing thread on this topic. Your questions should be answered in this thread already.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 320 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,294 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az