Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
TESU no longer accepts courses based on ACE/NCCRS recommendation alone
Exclamation 
This was posted in a separate thread by the forum admin, but I thought it needed more attention/discussion.

(09-30-2019, 04:53 PM)sgloer Wrote: Just a heads up that it looks like TESU has gotten stricter recently and will NOT take our new InstantCert Credit courses for transfer. Here is what one student who tried to transfer Spanish I and College Algebra was told:

At this time TESU is no longer accepting ACE credit from new 3rd party Educational Providers such as InstantCert.com without an additional Educational Provider Review being completed.

We are still working with TESU to try to get on their Approved Educational Provider list. As soon as they give us the approval, I will post an update here.

This was hinted at earlier with this "approved educational provider list" being discovered on TESU's site (link below), but I think this is the first confirmation we've seen that TESU is using this new provider list and their own reviews instead of ACE/NCCRS

https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/p...-directory

In my opinion, this new direction of TESU is drastic enough to perhaps drop the "Big 3" to a "Big 2."
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(10-02-2019, 01:14 PM)jsd Wrote: This was posted in a separate thread by the forum admin, but I thought it needed more attention/discussion.

(09-30-2019, 04:53 PM)sgloer Wrote: Just a heads up that it looks like TESU has gotten stricter recently and will NOT take our new InstantCert Credit courses for transfer. Here is what one student who tried to transfer Spanish I and College Algebra was told:

At this time TESU is no longer accepting ACE credit from new 3rd party Educational Providers such as InstantCert.com without an additional Educational Provider Review being completed.

We are still working with TESU to try to get on their Approved Educational Provider list. As soon as they give us the approval, I will post an update here.

This was hinted at earlier with this "approved educational provider list" being discovered on TESU's site (link below), but I think this is the first confirmation we've seen that TESU is using this new provider list and their own reviews instead of ACE/NCCRS

In my opinion, this new direction of TESU is drastic enough to perhaps drop the "Big 3" to a "Big 2."
Has anyone tried to transfer any of the courses to COSC or Excelsior?
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Clepper43
(10-02-2019, 01:27 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 01:14 PM)jsd Wrote: This was posted in a separate thread by the forum admin, but I thought it needed more attention/discussion.

Has anyone tried to transfer any of the courses to COSC or  Excelsior?

Charter Oak is not accepting them yet either

(10-02-2019, 02:19 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 01:27 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:

Has anyone tried to transfer any of the courses to COSC or  Excelsior?

Charter Oak is not accepting them yet either

The response was from an Enrollment Services Associate at COSC
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

TESU is certainly stirring things up a bit. We'll have to see how this unfolds. I don't really understand their tightened scrutiny of courses that have already been evaluated and approved by ACE (who has a lot more experience and a deep team of qualified professionals who are very skilled at doing such things). I'm all for quality control, and clearly any business that goes through the expensive and intense process of being evaluated by ACE is too, so what's the deal?
It's puzzling to say the least. And I am not sure that it is even simply a matter of being on the approved provider list. It appears something else is going on entirely. 

Study.com is on the list of "approved providers" and has a provider hosted course equivalency transfer list. Just found out a couple of planned courses now apparently need to be resourced and re-planned. Despite SDC having approved provider status and the courses having current ACE/NCCRS recommendations, as well as a published transfer equivalency list on SDC's website, TESU is now saying some of those courses are no longer being accepted for credit.
I feel like TESU is actually trying to get away from people like us. Everything they have done in the last couple years seems designed to push us away. I was wanting to take another full year to finish my degree but now i feel pressured to get it done ASAP for fear they will do something drastic and make it even harder for me to complete.
[-] The following 2 users Like saraholson's post:
  • harrypotter, jsd
(10-02-2019, 11:55 PM)saraholson Wrote: I feel like TESU is actually trying to get away from people like us. Everything they have done in the last couple years seems designed to push us away. 

i 100% agree with you. as an alumn, i will make sure to point this out the next time they call me to ask for a donation. i donated the first time because i believed in the TESU mission of helping non-traditional learners like me. i will not make that commitment again.

it will honestly mean nothing to them, as i don't think we make up a meaningful segment of their student population (otherwise they wouldn't be pushing us away -- that'd just be bad business), but it will make me feel better. 

as discussed in the other thread, i think this is the result of the new president (coming from a more traditional setting) making a mark by changing the focus of the school.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • harrypotter
(10-02-2019, 05:30 PM)shadowgem Wrote: It's puzzling to say the least. And I am not sure that it is even simply a matter of being on the approved provider list. It appears something else is going on entirely. 

Study.com is on the list of "approved providers" and has a provider hosted course equivalency transfer list. Just found out a couple of planned courses now apparently need to be resourced and re-planned. Despite SDC having approved provider status and the courses having current ACE/NCCRS recommendations, as well as a published transfer equivalency list on SDC's website, TESU is now saying some of those courses are no longer being accepted for credit.

Can you please inform what SDC courses are no longer accepted by TESU?
(10-03-2019, 12:37 AM)jsd Wrote:
(10-02-2019, 11:55 PM)saraholson Wrote: I feel like TESU is actually trying to get away from people like us. Everything they have done in the last couple years seems designed to push us away. 

i 100% agree with you. as an alumn, i will make sure to point this out the next time they call me to ask for a donation. i donated the first time because i believed in the TESU mission of helping non-traditional learners like me. i will not make that commitment again.

it will honestly mean nothing to them, as i don't think we make up a meaningful segment of their student population (otherwise they wouldn't be pushing us away -- that'd just be bad business), but it will make me feel better. 

as discussed in the other thread, i think this is the result of the new president (coming from a more traditional setting) making a mark by changing the focus of the school.

That's a great suggestion. I'll do that as well.
It wouldn’t surprise me that TESU is being hit hard financially since their is a record number of universities and schools closing due to a lack of people going to school due to debt and such, so they are trying to push out people like us that aren’t paying for their asinine course prices. As someone who recently applied to TESU, would it be wiser to look at COSC since I will only be using CLEP/SL/SDC for my remaining courses? This deeply concerns me and I don’t want to get too caught up in the hype, so it’s worth asking to keep myself grounded.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 225 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP