Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TESU not accepting a slew of Study.com computer courses anymore
I still stick to my previous post#3 - I recall these courses listed above were all CYB/ITS courses, so no one in the BSBA CIS OR BACS should be affected. Here's what it showed on their older transfer page: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

For those who have this pre-planned for their BSIT or BS Cybersecurity at TESU, then I suggest you do the course(s) right away - meaning all the quizzes/final exams, and save the assignments for later. I think the courses look at the completion date of the final exam and not when you last sent in your assignments for grading.

As long as ACE has it showing an earlier date than April 1, 2020 - you can transfer these into TESU, but make sure you email TESU and inform them beforehand and see if that is an option.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-08-2020, 10:08 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: WGU, APUS, & SNHU are becoming more attractive options with each passing day.

TESU, in particular, seems to be interested in cutting the nose right off its own face....

Does SNHU accept Study.com credits, or from any other online  course platform, besides Sophia.org?
SNHU Alternative Credit Project
https://www.snhu.edu/-/media/files/pdfs/...roject.pdf

Quote:If you have stopped out of college, the Alternative Credit ProjectTM (ACP) provides
a pool of online courses that Southern New Hampshire University will accept
towards your degree (up to 90 ACP credits). A national program of the American
Council on Education, supported by a generous grant from the Bill & Melinda
Gates Foundation, the ACP is designed to help adults finish what they started - a
two- or four-year degree, or a post-secondary certificate.

All ACE credit recommendations are eligible for evaluation for credit at SNHU. If
you don't see your course on this list, contact us to learn about our ACE
evaluation process
(05-21-2020, 12:11 PM)bluebooger Wrote: SNHU Alternative Credit Project
https://www.snhu.edu/-/media/files/pdfs/...roject.pdf

Quote:If you have stopped out of college, the Alternative Credit ProjectTM (ACP) provides
a pool of online courses that Southern New Hampshire University will accept
towards your degree (up to 90 ACP credits). A national program of the American
Council on Education, supported by a generous grant from the Bill & Melinda
Gates Foundation, the ACP is designed to help adults finish what they started - a
two- or four-year degree, or a post-secondary certificate.

All ACE credit recommendations are eligible for evaluation for credit at SNHU. If
you don't see your course on this list, contact us to learn about our ACE
evaluation process

I think ACP stopped a while ago, hope the remarks are true for ACE outside that project.
yeah, I searched their site for "American Council on Education" and that was really the only thing that came up

I also searched for study.com and it gave me every page that had "study" on it
[-] The following 1 user Likes bluebooger's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
(05-21-2020, 03:31 PM)bluebooger Wrote: yeah, I searched their site for "American Council on Education" and that was really the only thing that came up            

I also searched for study.com and it gave me every page that had "study" on it

https://www.snhu.edu/admission/transferr...experience
-> Industry-Recognized Certifications  
Ask them for an unofficial evaluation / about acceptance
(03-08-2020, 04:50 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(03-08-2020, 10:08 AM)terryd5150 Wrote: WGU, APUS, & SNHU are becoming more attractive options with each passing day.

TESU, in particular, seems to be interested in cutting the nose right off its own face....

I called SNHU yesterday to ask questions about their Gen Eds, because they now have this "GE Exploration" area where instead of a list of courses that work in each area, they have "Humanities Perspectives" and "Humanities Application", "Social Science Perspectives" and "Social Science Application", "Natural Science Perspectives" and "Natural Science Application", and "History Perspectives" and "Applied History"

They would not confirm that they would bring in Art History or Art for Humanities, Biology or Chemistry for Natural Sciences, etc.  They said you have to apply to see where your courses come in.  I am not going to tell someone to hope that they bring in the courses they've taken (or plan to) without some sort of confirmation from the school about what will come in.  And I'm certainly not going to pay $320/cr for gen eds like that.  No thank you.

So for a BALS/BSLS, I'm sticking with the Big 3.  MAYBE if SNHU had a degree that couldn't be gotten elsewhere, I might consider it, but they're not looking great to me at this point at all.

I've been doing some thinking on this SNHU thing because it is so frustrating. After son #1 got his Associates at SNHU through the defunct high school program, they changed the gen ed structure and so son #2 did not choose SNHU. They act like the friendly dolphin in their ads about "90 credits accepted" but then on their website, the online degree has those funky gen ed requirements. So, I noticed their on-campus degree has more traditional gen ed's and I suppose that is where you can guess at what transfer classes will come in as and fulfill requirements. There is a user on here, Ajdt90, who said on this thread hew as enrolled in SNHU and fulfilling his gen eds through Sophia. 

SNHU does require those 30 credits from them and the Business degree adds "last 24 credits" be done with them. So no joining the Big 3 anytime soon. 
That's what I know for now! Rolleyes [url=https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/User-Ajdt90][/url]
(03-07-2020, 09:57 AM)jsh1138 Wrote: Beginning on April 1st, 2020, Thomas Edison State University will no longer be accepting transfer of the following Study.com courses:
Computer Science 107: Database Fundamentals
Computer Science 108: Introduction to Networking
Computer Science 202: Network and System Security
Computer Science 204: Database Programming
Computer Science 331: Cybersecurity Risk Analysis Management
Computer Science 332: Cybersecurity Policies and Management

In order to transfer the credit for any of the courses listed above, you must complete the courses by no later than March 31, 2020.

Just fyi

I had a few of these courses (taken in May) that were accepted as electives so it looks like TESU will accept, but not apply credit directly to non-elective course requirements.
WGU MBA 2022
WGU BSBA IT Management 2021
I'm done with school for a while. Time to go make some $ now!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 376 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,313 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,651 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 277 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,794 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,394 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM