Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UL RA Credits Needed for TESU BA Computer Science
Lightbulb 
Here is my situation, I failed the TECEP CMP-354 Network Technology course with a 58%.
The Coopersmith linear algebra is an option however that course isn't easy from what I hear.

So other than taking a TESU course, I'm looking for other RA options for UL credit for the BA Computer Science.

American Public University System (APUS) seems to have good reviews.  Any course that is under $2000 and 3 months or less would work.

Anyone have any suggestions, I'll run them through academic advising and see if they will accept it. 
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
If you're looking for "$2000 or less", why not just take a course from TESU itself?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-24-2020, 10:49 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're looking for  "$2000 or less", why not just take a course from TESU itself?

I was thinking I could take the course on the side while I'm doing courses at TESU now which runs through the end of Jan 2021.  I wouldn't start a course at TESU till Feb 2021 anyhow.

If worse case I fail the course at TESU would like a backup plan.  Just hate being boxed in a corner.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Any reason the course needs to be RA credit?
(11-24-2020, 10:42 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Here is my situation, I failed the TECEP CMP-354 Network Technology course with a 58%.
The Coopersmith linear algebra is an option however that course isn't easy from what I hear.

So other than taking a TESU course, I'm looking for other RA options for UL credit for the BA Computer Science.

American Public University System (APUS) seems to have good reviews.  Any course that is under $2000 and 3 months or less would work.

Anyone have any suggestions, I'll run them through academic advising and see if they will accept it. 

You're in the same situation as me. How expensive is in-state tuition in your state?

Self Study Assessments at CSU Global used to be a major help, but I think you have to be enrolled in one course to be allowed to take the self study stuff still.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

https://csuglobal.edu/cost/tuition/tuition-rates

(11-28-2020, 11:10 PM)udi Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 10:42 AM)LevelUP Wrote: Here is my situation, I failed the TECEP CMP-354 Network Technology course with a 58%.

You're in the same situation as me. How expensive is in-state tuition in your state?

Self Study Assessments at CSU Global used to be a major help, but I think you have to be enrolled in one course to be allowed to take the self study stuff still.

https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/alte...ssessments

https://csuglobal.edu/cost/tuition/tuition-rates

There may be two tricks to this:

Take a 1 credit class like HPR108 - Dietary Nutrition. Take or fail the course and use it as a step in to get the SSA.
or
Withdraw from this course while keeping the SSA intact. I'm not sure they can stop you ...
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
[-] The following 1 user Likes udi's post:
  • Pikachu
Finally hit some paydirt!

ISSC326 - Cloud Computing comes in TESU as CIS-430 Cloud Computing and will work for BA CS
https://www.apus.edu/course-schedule/details.html?c=ISSC326

$855 vs $1557 and 2 vs 3 months at TESU. 

This is an option for people paying all out of pocket cash.

I may still end up taking software engineering at TESU. We'll see. 
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • Pikachu, rachel83az
I was in your position recently and spoke with an academic advisor who then asked the dean office if Linear Algebra counts and unfortunately it does not. Fortunately I passed CMP-354 TECEP exam with a 76%. There are some flash cards on quizlet that helped (pay for the premium subscription to study better) also download speechify and import the class book ok there to listen to it, this helped too. You can pass it, I barely have any networking experience and studied hard to pass that test so it’s possible

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
[-] The following 2 users Like Kurt8991's post:
  • Ideas, Pikachu
Ouch, so they've changed the option for the Coopersmith Linear Algebra and it's no longer accepted for Comp Sci credit?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-17-2020, 12:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Ouch, so they've changed the option for the Coopersmith Linear Algebra and it's no longer accepted for Comp Sci credit?

Yes that is correct, linear algebra does not count anymore per the deans office.

Sent from my iPad using DegreeForum.net
(12-17-2020, 12:54 AM)Kurt8991 Wrote: Yes that is correct, linear algebra does not count anymore per the deans office.

Oooph. I had been banking on those 3 UL credits.

I wonder how difficult CSU-Global's CS 430S Principles of Robotic Theory would be?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 160 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538