Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI YourPace ACE (Sophia) Transcript Results
(12-26-2020, 12:32 AM)Seagull Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 01:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 10:46 PM)Seagull Wrote: UMPI  self paced courses that can be taken to transfer to other colleges, are they a type of independent study or require enrollment?

UMPI are self paced courses. The program is called YourPace. They are not independent study. You have to apply to UMPI and then enroll at UMPI. Sure you can transfer elsewhere, but why? Might as well just complete one of their degrees. Their program isn't really designed for you to transfer elsewhere. It's designed for adult learners to complete their degree program at UMPI.
Unless one has a stake in their program or work for them, why does it matter if students want to transfer these UMPI courses to another college?  Huh

UMPI's YourPace program isn't designed like a regular university program. The advisor picks your courses. There aren't a bunch of options of courses to take. The entire degree is laid out for you. Courses have a specific order that they need to be taken. Many have prerequisites and you can't skip them. I tried to skip one and was flat out told no.
(12-26-2020, 12:12 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 10:46 PM)Seagull Wrote: UMPI  self paced courses that can be taken to transfer to other colleges, are they a type of independent study or require enrollment?

UMPI are self paced courses. The program is called YourPace. They are not independent study. You have to apply to UMPI and then enroll at UMPI. Sure you can transfer elsewhere, but why? Might as well just complete one of their degrees. Their program isn't really designed for you to transfer elsewhere. It's designed for adult learners to complete their degree program at UMPI.
Unless one has a stake in their program or work for them, why does it matter if students want to transfer these UMPI courses to another college?  Huh

UMPI's YourPace program isn't designed like a regular university program. The advisor picks your courses. There aren't a bunch of options of courses to take. The entire degree is laid out for you. Courses have a specific order that they need to be taken. Many have prerequisites and you can't skip them. I tried to skip one and was flat out told no.
Ok but one can stop anytime once you get the courses you want and then transfer. Otherwise I don't like a program like that, I understand some prerequisites, but I lile more flexibility in my choices.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seagull's post:
  • NC Coach
(12-26-2020, 12:23 PM)Seagull Wrote:

Ok but one can stop anytime once you get the courses you want and then transfer. Otherwise I don't like a program like that, I understand some prerequisites, but I lile more flexibility in my choices.

Well of course you can always leave. Transferring though doesn't guarantee any other college will accept the credits though. With UMPI, you know exactly where you stand from the moment your transcripts are evaluated. You are given a degree audit and you know what you have to complete. There's no hunting around for courses like other schools. No worrying about finding enough UL credits or RA credits or if the school will accept a course from X provider for the requirement you need to fulfill. It's a completely different program than TESU or COSC. It's much more like WGU.
(12-26-2020, 12:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 12:23 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 01:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote: UMPI are self paced courses. The program is called YourPace. They are not independent study. You have to apply to UMPI and then enroll at UMPI. Sure you can transfer elsewhere, but why? Might as well just complete one of their degrees. Their program isn't really designed for you to transfer elsewhere. It's designed for adult learners to complete their degree program at UMPI.

Well of course you can always leave. Transferring though doesn't guarantee any other college will accept the credits though. With UMPI, you know exactly where you stand from the moment your transcripts are evaluated. You are given a degree audit and you know what you have to complete. There's no hunting around for courses like other schools. No worrying about finding enough UL credits or RA credits or if the school will accept a course from X provider for the requirement you need to fulfill. It's a completely different program than TESU or COSC. It's much more like WGU.

If was possible to pick the courses you like before they tell you in order which ones is perfect and do fast the one are easy and take the credits to TESU, the problem is that you only have 8 weeks term and you can not waste time otherwise you will ending paying more than completing the Degree at the BIG 3.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
I see people are picking apart my transfers and trying to apply them to the GEC requirements. I'll make a wiki page later today or tomorrow with how my courses transferred into for the GEC for general information.

The advisor is in charge of your transfers and where they fit. That's it.

Also one big thing I'm seeing popping up here and on other sites now ever since I posted my audit is Human Biology. My biology came in as 103, this does not fulfill the requirement. they require a lab.
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • crotique, Pikachu
(12-26-2020, 06:01 PM)ashkir Wrote: I see people are picking apart my transfers and trying to apply them to the GEC requirements. I'll make a wiki page later today or tomorrow with how my courses transferred into for the GEC for general information.

The advisor is in charge of your transfers and where they fit. That's it.

Also one big thing I'm seeing popping up here and on other sites now ever since I posted my audit is Human Biology. My biology came in as 103, this does not fulfill the requirement. they require a lab.

Yup. The Environmental Science comes in for one of the science requirements, the other requirement does have the lab requirement. They offer both of these sciences in YourPace on the Strut Learning Platform. I didn't have to take either one because Sophia's Environmental Science transferred for me. Human Biology did not. I took a geology with a lab back at community college ages ago. I did complete the Information Literacy requirement and American Government requirement at UMPI and they were pretty easy courses. I take Spanish 1 in January. 3 classes left and I'm done! Took me 3 terms because I have 3 minors. If I had 1 minor, then my degree would have been completed last week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
I think UMPI is really a game-changer. They are really affordable and I read a lot of positive feedback here.

How is a dual degree or double major policy at UMPI?
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
(03-14-2021, 10:01 AM)asianphd Wrote: I think UMPI is really a game-changer. They are really affordable and I read a lot of positive feedback here.

How is a dual degree or double major policy at UMPI?

You can complete 2 BA degrees in 2 separate areas. You can have multiple concentrations in the BA programs. You can have multiple minors in the BLS program. The BLS is a terminal degree so you can't do a second bachelor's degree with it.
Not sure if it was already posted, but look what I found.
It is an official equivalency tool from UMPI (current students and applicants can find it in maine.street under Transfer Equivalency Results ).

Attached Files
.jpg   eq.JPG (Size: 223.94 KB / Downloads: 88)
MSML, WGU 2022
BAS, UMPI, 2021
AAS, Pierpont C&TC, 2021

ACE (119): Sophia, 93; TEEX, 5; SDC, 12; ACTFL, 6
RA (50): ASU, 8; ONU, 3; UMPI, 39
NA (16) : UoPeople, 16
Other: ENEB/Isabel I, MBA (2021)
Also dropped a gazillion of classes!!

Family members work on degrees at Ashworth, TESU, Purdue, UMPI, NationsU
[-] The following 1 user Likes NoStudentNoCry's post:
  • rachel83az
(03-22-2021, 09:35 AM)NoStudentNoCry Wrote: Not sure if it was already posted, but look what I found.
It is an official equivalency tool from UMPI (current students and applicants can find it in maine.street under Transfer Equivalency Results ).

In my experience, Human Biology from Sophia does not transfer in as BIO103 and does not apply to the GEC. Ashkir had the same experience. Art History 1 & 2 did not apply to the GEC for him either.  There is this note on the page as well. Maybe they've made changes since we've been accepted? When I started there wasn't a Sophia page on the tool. One of my colleges wasn't on there either. A few others had one or two previous students. It is interesting to see how past courses transfer in.

This course equivalency system is constantly changing and is intended to be used as a guide. Due to ongoing curriculum development, course equivalents are subject to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 48 4,459 Yesterday, 03:23 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Rainbow GEC Critical & Creative Thinking Learning Objective D - Sophia equivalents? mythomagician 2 83 03-27-2024, 07:59 PM
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 175 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 168 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 220 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 852 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 269 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,468 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 202 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Which Sophia Classes Meet These Requirements? gc82 2 198 03-15-2024, 10:15 AM