Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI YourPace Computer Science
Whoa, I really excited about this! As an International student, it is very sad that I cannot apply to the WGU! So, thanks a lot UMPI! Love you!

Just a moment when I'm considering applying for a CS degree at my local university and now UMPI offering this degree at YourPace. Well, gonna prepare for it from now so I can rush on the curriculum really fast later!
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
(04-20-2021, 01:35 PM)asianphd Wrote: Whoa, I really excited about this! As an International student, it is very sad that I cannot apply to the WGU! So, thanks a lot UMPI! Love you!

Just a moment when I'm considering applying for a CS degree at my local university and now UMPI offering this degree at YourPace. Well, gonna prepare for it from now so I can rush on the curriculum really fast later!

When did you see that because I remember in January I emailed UMPI regarding a CS degree at YourPace and they said that it is in consideration for soon offering the CS complete online that why I did not consider to enroll because it was not available.
I went to their website and I did not see any info regarding UMPI is offering this degree online!

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
(04-21-2021, 10:54 PM)gams007 Wrote:
(04-20-2021, 01:35 PM)asianphd Wrote: Whoa, I really excited about this! As an International student, it is very sad that I cannot apply to the WGU! So, thanks a lot UMPI! Love you!

When did you see that because I remember in January I emailed UMPI regarding a CS degree at YourPace and they said that it is in consideration for soon offering the CS complete online that why I did not consider to enroll because it was not available.
I went to their website and I did not see any info regarding UMPI is offering this degree online!

If you read the first post of this thread, the CS degree isn't due to be offered later in 2021 or early 2022. I think asianphd is getting ready to enroll as soon as it's available and pre-studying CS concepts to make the degree easier.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • asianphd
Yes, this is correct.
In Progress:
BS Statistics + BS Physics, Indonesia, 2023
MSc ML/AI (LJMU, UK), 2022
Completed:
PGDip ML/AI (IIITB, India), 2021
BE Civil Engineering, Universitas Pelita Harapan, 2017
(04-22-2021, 10:04 AM)asianphd Wrote: Yes, this is correct.

Some one has to send a transcript with all his computer science alternative courses to see what comes in at UMPI so we have a idea to make a study plan.
I'm one that would like to see I currently working on the BACS from TESU I'm currently taking 9 credits form a community college, I do not want to pay for another semester I can enroll at UMPI and take any course at my own rhythm, right now I'm attending zoom classes almost every day and I'm a busy person and it to hard to keep me on track. Most of the time I have to watch the zoom session while driving through my phone.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Judging by the attachment in the first post, I'd still prepare to go to TESU, as a lot of the requirements match / sync up. If UMPI does have their program live by the time you're getting ready to enroll in TESU to take your expensive capstone (and pay $6 grand) and UMPI hasn't announced it yet, take TESU or WGU.

If UMPI does announce it, you'd know when, and you've already prepared for a CS degree,so you'd have a lot of common overlaps. UMPI is pretty transfer credit friendly. They do outline what classes are needed in the attachment as well. They do require a lot of around the same level of classes for the most part.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science Information and Data Management Concentration

Can anyone tell me what that actually is?  Is it like end user stuff.... or like creating software that does it?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
Without seeing the list of courses, it's hard to tell. But I'm guessing that it's to prepare you to be a database manager.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Its probably more on networking and DB side of things,
Broadly speaking, it'll probably be this a mix and match of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_management
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP Computer Science A homeschoolmom1 7 217 03-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 178 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  Offspring and Descendents Lead Singers On Why They Got Science PhDs Jonathan Whatley 9 1,204 02-16-2024, 10:37 PM
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 510 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
  Recommendations For 18 LL or 9 UL Social Science Credits harrypotter 3 381 11-08-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 1,163 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
Information Coursera Bachelor of Science in Computer Science for $4k! nomaduser 19 3,883 09-16-2023, 06:32 PM
  Science pre-reqs with No Proctor MeangreenMBA 2 600 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM
  LSU Online Computer Science JO37992 2 748 03-22-2023, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  ASU's new online BS in Computer Science program nomaduser 8 2,120 03-02-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: davewill