Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UMPI
(02-23-2021, 01:09 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: Question. Does anyone know the usual turn around time frame for UMPI to reply to emails? I emailed enrollment yesterday early morning with several questions and I have not heard back so far.

It depends. This time of the term it's busy. They're working hard to get the new applications completed in time to enroll and begin on the 15th. They'll get back to you. It may take a few days. They may also have to research your questions. It's a VERY small school with only a handful of employees in the YourPace admissions department. Many people have been working remotely as well. 
Just spoke to an UMPI representative and I was told you could not enroll without 2 years post high school work experience. I graduated high school last May 2020 and by the start of the next semester at UMPI I will have completed 90+ hours. I also have two years work experience. I feel like it downright discriminatory to not allow me to enroll because of my age. If I have to take 30 hours from UMPI and I have 90 transfer hours I cannot believe there is not an exception that exists that allows senior transfer students to complete the program. I personally advise anyone in a similar situation to beware of this university as they will discriminate against you as an applicant based on your age and work history. Must be a Maine thing....
(02-24-2021, 02:51 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote: Just spoke to an UMPI representative and I was told you could not enroll without 2 years post high school work experience. I graduated high school last May 2020 and by the start of the next semester at UMPI I will have completed 90+ hours. I also have two years work experience. I feel like it downright discriminatory to not allow me to enroll because of my age. If I have to take 30 hours from UMPI and I have 90 transfer hours I cannot believe there is not an exception that exists that allows senior transfer students to complete the program. I personally advise anyone in a similar situation to beware of this university as they will discriminate against you as an applicant based on your age and work history. Must be a Maine thing....

I commented the other thread but they have policies. All colleges have policies. You'll find similar policies at the Big 3 and WGU. At your age, you're considered an on campus student and that's what schools want. The UMPI program is specifically designed for working adults. By adults they mean over college age. It's not discrimination nor is it a Maine thing. It's a college thing.
(02-24-2021, 03:42 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 03:10 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 02:51 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote: Just spoke to an UMPI representative and I was told you could not enroll without 2 years post high school work experience. I graduated high school last May 2020 and by the start of the next semester at UMPI I will have completed 90+ hours. I also have two years work experience. I feel like it downright discriminatory to not allow me to enroll because of my age. If I have to take 30 hours from UMPI and I have 90 transfer hours I cannot believe there is not an exception that exists that allows senior transfer students to complete the program. I personally advise anyone in a similar situation to beware of this university as they will discriminate against you as an applicant based on your age and work history. Must be a Maine thing....

I commented the other thread but they have policies. All colleges have policies. You'll find similar policies at the Big 3 and WGU. At your age, you're considered an on campus student and that's what schools want. The UMPI program is specifically designed for working adults. By adults they mean over college age. It's not discrimination nor is it a Maine thing. It's a college thing.

Show me a similar policy at Excelsior at TESU. Age discrimination is not a college thing its an UMPI thing. Keep on Shillin Fanboy.

You can stop being a rude jerk anytime. I am not a fanboy. I'm not male for starters. Your immaturity and age are showing. Unlike some people I actually got into the school. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • monchevy
(02-24-2021, 03:42 PM)dhallfootball21 Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 03:10 PM)ss20ts Wrote:

Show me a similar policy at Excelsior or TESU. Age discrimination is not a college thing its an UMPI thing. You can shill all you like for UMPI but you cant stop poster's from sharing their experiences with this university. Your obviously shilling it up big time for UMPI. All I'm saying is get your facts straight as you are obviously not as the expert your portraying yourself to be on all things UMPI. #StoptheShill
You came to a UMPI thread to attack UMPI. Please move on. We're here because we are working and busy adults that aren't young enough to drop our entire lives to go to school like we could've at eighteen. I didn't because I was too sick. Others didn't because they had to make ends meet and take car of families.

If you're able to do this at your age, you are lucky. It took me years to get to this point. You need to work on your alternative credits, etc, and maybe community college like Tel Learning etc and take your time and build up as much credit as you can. 

TESU requires you to be TWENTY YEARS OLD: https://www.tesu.edu/admissions/undergra...0relations).
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • monchevy, ss20ts
(02-24-2021, 04:45 PM)monchevy Wrote: High school kids taking college courses (which didn't exist when I was in HS) generally pay half the amount per credit that older people do, for the exact same courses.

Look, we get that you're frustrated about being young and inexperienced, but these tantrums and all the name calling/rage posting need to stop. You are not entitled to everything you want. Policies based on age and experience exist in every area of life. Some you win, some you lose. That is life, which you will learn when you have some experience under your belt.

This is no tantrum this is an honest conversation on a college forum. Can you answer the question posed earlier. Discriminatory policies have existed since the beginning of this country. I'm just calling out this one. There should not be seperate undergraduate admissions policies to confer the exact same degrees with the same curriculum. Admissions restrictions based on age, race, sexual orientation, or religion are inherently unfair. Why is ok for a certain portion of the student body to have access to an easier route to their degrees than the rest of the student body? If it's ok for some students it should be ok for all with the same major.
If any age group has the easier route to their degrees I think it is probably going to be students in the under 21 age group. Some reasons: They are tech-savvy and already know how to use the latest tech/software/tools, brain already in "school mode" thanks to just recently leaving k-12 schooling, usually no kids/spouse/bills, often still supported by parents, more access to scholarships, internships specifically geared towards their age range, whole college experience geared towards them with clubs, organizations, etc.

Adult students might have an easier route to a few programs, but younger students have an easier route to the majority of programs out there.
[-] The following 3 users Like natshar's post:
  • jch, monchevy, ss20ts
How's everyone's classes going? I took a break for a few days to take a breather and because chemo is making me sick right now. I applied for graduation in May Big Grin
Test 12345678
Thank you mods for cleaning this thread up.

Has anyone here done Managerial Accounting at UMPI yet?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 156 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 147 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 46 4,329 03-25-2024, 08:54 PM
  Help with UMPI admissions requirement Throwmeaway1590 2 209 03-25-2024, 08:24 PM
  Sophia's Human biology and lab did not meet UMPi's BIO 105 HappyPeanut 9 842 03-22-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: lifted567
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 261 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 95 56,390 03-20-2024, 03:37 AM
Last Post: theea
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 198 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  UL Courses Outside of UMPI - Fast CCCollege 7 933 03-11-2024, 10:46 AM
  AI in UMPI him22 16 1,251 03-09-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Ares