Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Udacity: Data Analyst NanoDegree review/material
I'm about to start my term at WGU for their Data Management & Data Analysis program. I'm entering with 82 credits, including several upper division courses completed through earning the Udacity Programming for Data Science (PDSND) & Data Analyst (DAND) NanoDegrees. The PDS program doesnt specifically count for anything at WGU, but it prepared me for the DAND program and also made it a breeze to blow through the three SQL/database courses at Study.com. 

I've thrown reviews for some of the other classes I took at Sophia or SDC into the megathread, but Udacity reviews obviously don't belong there. I wrote detailed reviews for each of the classes I took as part of my Udacity NanoDegree and put them into a portfolio on GitHub, along with my projects from those classes. I wanted to post it here in case it would be helpful for anyone else. Hopefully it helps someone else out. Everything is neatly organized on my GitHub and hopefully should answer your questions, but if there's anything else you want to know, feel free to ask!

https://github.com/WJTownsend/udacity-portfolio
[-] The following 2 users Like Seraphgrim's post:
  • akr680, Sapientes
Congratulations on your nano-degrees! Your git repo looks awesome too Smile
Thank you! At one point I was stuck on one of the projects (just didn't understand exactly what they were looking for) and went to find someone else's project to get an idea of the direction I should be going, and ran into a similar portfolio. Seemed like a good idea and would include the reviews that I knew I'd be writing.
How long did it take you to complete the Udacity Data Analyst nano degree?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • Vle045
It's all in the link. Nice little table that breaks down hours spent per class and the dates I finished each.

I did both of the Programming for Data Science with Python and Data Analyst NanoDegrees. I spent about 5-6 weeks on the PDS program, and about 8 weeks on the Data Analyst one. It could certainly be done faster.
This is all very interesting. I don’t really understand nanodegrees, udacity, or github, but it might be interesting to learn about it.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(02-16-2022, 10:34 AM)Vle045 Wrote: This is all very interesting.  I don’t really understand nanodegrees, udacity, or github, but it might be interesting to learn about it.

Udacity: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udacity GitHub: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GitHub
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
[-] The following 2 users Like carrythenothing's post:
  • katsiki, Seraphgrim
So did you start the term?  How is it going?
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Yeah, I started at WGU on 1 Feb 2022. So far, I've knocked out C172: Network and Security - Foundations (3), C480: Networks (4), D197: Version Control (1), and D192: IT Leadership Foundations (3) (pending scoring on the last one for my essays). That's 11 credits, and has me with 28 to go!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Seraphgrim's post:
  • katsiki

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,500 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Thumbs Up Sophia Review: Finished 6 Courses in 1 Week Ares 11 1,812 02-11-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: Ares
  Study.com - any trick to moving quickly through course material? chicagohh 8 1,191 08-28-2023, 06:07 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  study.com Final Exam Review Leo Wu 4 700 05-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Finnish courses review Personherebb9 2 967 12-30-2022, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Personherebb9
  Data structures and algorithms Pats20 9 1,986 07-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DATA STRUCTURES & ALGORITHMS gams007 17 2,630 03-14-2022, 04:20 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Study.com under review at TESU Blckbuster 24 3,203 03-13-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Computer Science 201 | Data Structures & Algorithms akr680 2 1,501 08-31-2021, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Does Sophia have material on Quizlet? cdickerson0601 5 1,609 07-22-2021, 07:45 AM
Last Post: cdickerson0601