Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W3Schools PHP Certificate
gams007 Wrote:My Question is If I did PHP MySQL already from a RA College (Waubonsee) is that acceptable at Purdue U. ?,
 I need some one to send me a referral link please to enroll to Purdue, so I can send my transcript and I can check how it comes in.

Yes, practically any RA college credit will transfer over as long as it hits the requirements of which ever degree... For example, you will only get PHP and MySQL, just those two courses. If you have more RA credits, such as the one from the YMCA Tech Lab, those 7 credits should also hit spots as well, again - as long as those courses hits the requirements. RA is transferable anywhere, unless it's not accepted into a specific program that you're not going for (business, or whatever else you're not seeking).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(11-13-2021, 12:13 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
gams007 Wrote:My Question is If I did PHP MySQL already from a RA College (Waubonsee) is that acceptable at Purdue U. ?,
 I need some one to send me a referral link please to enroll to Purdue, so I can send my transcript and I can check how it comes in.

Yes, practically any RA college credit will transfer over as long as it hits the requirements of which ever degree...  For example, you will only get PHP and MySQL, just those two courses.  If you have more RA credits, such as the one from the YMCA Tech Lab, those 7 credits should also hit spots as well, again - as long as those courses hits the requirements.  RA is transferable anywhere, unless it's not accepted into a specific program that you're not going for (business, or whatever else you're not seeking).

Thanks BJ, I have another question if I decide to do the w3school certificate how much cost those courses what I understand reading all the comments from this forum is that they are 2 separate courses I just need more orientation over how to enroll with the certificate.
I have experience with both languages from my last College Course that I finished and I want to try to see if a can get this done fast.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Yes, this course is perfect for you. W3Schools actually is free! However, they have paid courses that provide you a certificate, and that's the one which gives you credit for Purdue Global: Here's the link for the paid PHP course & cert: https://courses.w3schools.com/courses/php

(11-14-2021, 02:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yes, this course is perfect for you.  W3Schools actually is free!  However, they have paid courses that provide you a certificate, and that's the one which gives you credit for Purdue Global:  Here's the link for the paid PHP course & cert: https://courses.w3schools.com/courses/php

BJ, it's only the PHP course or you have to take also SQL course?

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
As a personal challenge and to brush up on my skills, I took the W3schools PHP exam and passed in one day.

I ended up failing the course on my 1st attempt because I ran out of time and my laptop was going slow. For the last 20 questions, I had to read fast and guess on most of them.

I'll share some of my tips that should help you all out. 

(11-08-2021, 03:50 PM)speedrunner Wrote: If you know how to program in some other language, and are familiar with SQL, it's a walk in the park.

I can confirm a lot of the basics are true with any programming language.  For someone brand new to programming it may take the full 20 hours to complete the course.  It's not hard by any means though.

(11-14-2021, 05:59 PM)gams007 Wrote: BJ, it's only the PHP course or you have to take also SQL course?

You don't buy the course, it's free, you are only buying the exam.

The course includes a part of MySQL where it interacts with PHP.  You don't need to do the complete MYSQL course. 

The Course is Free Here:

https://www.w3schools.com/php/default.asp

The "Prerequisites: Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript" is BS.  All you have to know is that "<br>" means a new line in HTML, that's it.  I never saw any CSS/Javascript and no exam questions had any HTML questions. (correction: I did see one H2 tag so technically that CSS, whoopty doo).

Steps to Complete the Course:
1. Study PHP Tutorial, PHP Forms, PHP Advanced, PHP OOP, and MySQL Database.  Use the online PHP editor and play around with the code by changing or adding your own stuff.

2. Do the PHP Exercises

3. Do the PHP Quiz, redo until you score 90%+

4. Study and take exam.

For Ajax all you have to know is that is for dynamic web pages that can be updated without reloading the whole page.  Don't worry about PHP reference stuff, or XML.

The exam is 70 questions in 70 minutes.  You need to score 75% to pass which is 53/70.

On my 2nd attempt, I passed with a B.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • housecat, Pikachu
@LevelUp - I haven't tried this exam yet, just wondering, did you have to pay a second time for the exam.
Curious if it allows multiple exam attempts or retakes with just that $95 fee. If so, it's a great deal!

(11-14-2021, 08:53 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @LevelUp - I haven't tried this exam yet, just wondering, did you have to pay a second time for the exam.  
Curious if it allows multiple exam attempts or retakes with just that $95 fee.  If so, it's a great deal!

$95 includes 2 attempts.

"Immediately after completing the exam, you will be informed of your score and of your pass/fail status.

If you fail, or want to improve your score, you can take the exam one more time. The best result of the two attempts will count."
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
I passed! It was tight on time, basically 70 questions over 70 minutes, open book but some questions had tricky phrasing. Needed 53 to pass and got 56 right. I've sent it in for evaluation to Purdue Global. It should knock out 7 classes from my BS IT program.

Thanks for all the advice on this topic Smile
Purdue Global, BS IT 

Method:
  • Sophia (13 courses) 
  • Study.com (5 courses
  • W3Schools (PHP Certification)
  • Purdue Global ExcelTrack (2 terms)
[-] The following 2 users Like ClockworkHammer's post:
  • LevelUP, Pikachu
(11-21-2021, 02:07 PM)ClockworkHammer Wrote: I passed! It was tight on time, basically 70 questions over 70 minutes, open book but some questions had tricky phrasing. Needed 53 to pass and got 56 right. I've sent it in for evaluation to Purdue Global. It should knock out 7 classes from my BS IT program.

Thanks for all the advice on this topic Smile

Congrats!

How many hours did it take you to study for the exam?
Wow, that was pretty good, right on the wire almost... as long as you pass and get the credits you need, that's what really matters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: Coursera Google UX Design Certificate nyjosh 4 2,615 02-26-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Google IT Support Certificate Renewed Chankosumo 38 5,846 10-25-2023, 12:31 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Google Digital Marketing and E Commerce Professional Certificate now now ACE MNomadic 19 6,010 08-11-2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,401 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Bridge TEFL - Teaching English Online Certificate ($249, 3 ACE credits) nomaduser 5 1,231 08-25-2020, 01:26 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  ACT National Career Readiness Certificate: 3 QR + 1 IL Credits PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 7 1,590 10-30-2019, 07:18 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  TESU Certificate, A Few Details pws 9 1,527 04-07-2019, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Straighterline-- Printable Certificate? Nightmoves5 3 890 08-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Last Post: mvk
  Study.com Hospitality Marketing can't be used in marketing certificate. eriehiker 3 1,287 02-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Study.com - Course for Certificate, then for ACE? SuZQ2 7 953 02-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Last Post: gremlinbrawler