Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MS Information Technology Management
The new curriculum for this program has won me over; planning to start June 2019.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • quigongene
I won't be starting until 01/2020. Need to wait for tuition reimbursement recharge, and I don't want to have classes through the holidays again.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 1 user Likes quigongene's post:
  • allvia
Do they have any different between the MBA concentrate on cybersecurity and Master of CyberSecurity? I looked up both program, you can take some the class on the master degree for less classes needed and you can have MBA with cyber security
WGU does not have a cybersecurity concentration for their MBA programs
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I was a bit conflicted about going for the MS in IT Management or the MBA, but in the end I felt that the MBA would be more valuable to my career given its a better recognized degree.

That said, I do like the curriculum for the MS program. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
Completed Orientation – ORA1. Have my first call with my assigned program mentor next week. Official start day is June 1, 2019. Although it would be great to finish in a term, my plan (& budget) is set for one year (two terms - WGU's schedule defaults this program to three terms). I'm trying to maintain a better work/school/life balance for this portion of my education; my bachelor degree balance was not family friendly.
Amberton University

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • quigongene
Well, I did finish my first term at WGU for the MS ITM degree. My original plan was to finish it in two terms, and although I liked most of it (and would even recommend it for many) it is not going to be a good fit for me (for a number of reasons that aren't important to the masses here). My second started masters program this past year (at two different schools) and I think I may have just jumped into the next level too quickly after earning my bachelors.  

What I do know is that I need to work towards earning my PMP, and a master degree is not required for that. If I can find a suitable (master) program that focuses on just that area I may pursue it. edX has been promoting a coming soon 'Master's in Project Management" since before I graduated from TESU - hasn't happened yet, maybe it's what I'm truly waiting for.

I'm also considering seeing what Amberton will give me as transfer credit; they have a number of degree programs (6+) that offer project management as a specialization. Finally finishing my bachelor with the methods talked about here was great (after nearly 30 years), but I feel that I need to go the more traditional class route for a master.  I'm looking for a (rewarding) challenge vs just getting it done now.  A master degree is something I'd like to have, but not a necessity like the bachelor degree was for my career.
Amberton University

(12-20-2019, 02:20 PM)allvia Wrote: Well, I did finish my first term at WGU for the MS ITM degree. My original plan was to finish it in two terms, and although I liked most of it (and would even recommend it for many) it is not going to be a good fit for me (for a number of reasons that aren't important to the masses here). My second started masters program this past year (at two different schools) and I think I may have just jumped into the next level too quickly after earning my bachelors.  

What I do know is that I need to work towards earning my PMP, and a master degree is not required for that. If I can find a suitable (master) program that focuses on just that area I may pursue it. edX has been promoting a coming soon 'Master's in Project Management" since before I graduated from TESU - hasn't happened yet, maybe it's what I'm truly waiting for.

I'm also considering seeing what Amberton will give me as transfer credit; they have a number of degree programs (6+) that offer project management as a specialization. Finally finishing my bachelor with the methods talked about here was great (after nearly 30 years), but I feel that I need to go the more traditional class route for a master.  I'm looking for a (rewarding) challenge vs just getting it done now.  A master degree is something I'd like to have, but not a necessity like the bachelor degree was for my career.

CSU-Global has an undergrad certificate in PM, as well as a MS in PM.  Kind of pricey, but it's out there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • allvia
(02-21-2019, 03:53 PM)allvia Wrote: Saw this posted on another site - it was specifically for the (new) current curriculum: (I'm seriously considering this program for myself)

C954 - Information Technology Management - 1 OA

C948 - Technical Communication - 1 PA with 5 deliverables (not as bad as it sounds)

LZT2 - Power, Influence and Leadership - 2 PAs

C928 - Financial Management for IT Professionals - 1 OA

C927 - Managing Technology Operations and Innovation - 2 PAs

MBT2 - Technological Globalization - 1 PA

C929 - IT Sourcing and Development in a Global Economy - 1 PA

C962 - Current and Emerging Technology - 1 PA

C783 - Project Management - CAPM Certification

C498 - MS, Information Technology Management Capstone - 3 PAs

Do you know what the PA's and OV's are? I'm new to the WGU world and trying to figure out how many test and papers I'd need to write.
(06-08-2020, 09:12 PM)dwagner309 Wrote:
(02-21-2019, 03:53 PM)allvia Wrote: Saw this posted on another site - it was specifically for the (new) current curriculum: (I'm seriously considering this program for myself)

C954 - Information Technology Management - 1 OA

C948 - Technical Communication - 1 PA with 5 deliverables (not as bad as it sounds)

LZT2 - Power, Influence and Leadership - 2 PAs

C928 - Financial Management for IT Professionals - 1 OA

C927 - Managing Technology Operations and Innovation - 2 PAs

MBT2 - Technological Globalization - 1 PA

C929 - IT Sourcing and Development in a Global Economy - 1 PA

C962 - Current and Emerging Technology - 1 PA

C783 - Project Management - CAPM Certification

C498 - MS, Information Technology Management Capstone - 3 PAs

Do you know what the PA's and OV's are? I'm new to the WGU world and trying to figure out how many test and papers I'd need to write.
  • PA = Performance Assessment. This usually means 1-4 papers, projects, or presentations
  • OA (not OV) = Objective Assessment. This is your traditional exam. Typically 50-100 multiple choice questions administered in a proctored environment.
Most WGU courses have either a PA or OA requirement. There are a handful of courses that require both, but those are typically the more advanced courses.

Be aware that the course requirements do change now and then, so don't take any details about course makeup as gospel... particularly given you're responding to a post that is well over a year old. Changes usually aren't that major, but in the 6 months I was at WGU, we had a few pretty big changes occur to the curriculum for the people who came after me.

Since you're new, you may want to create your own thread in the WGU forum for more specific questions rather than post in a necrothread.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's in Security Management CBE Online Jeff7 8 495 02-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  University of Cape Town - Masters in Information Technology nyvrem 1 390 08-30-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CBE Masters in IT Management from South College EverSpinning 14 990 08-13-2023, 05:31 PM
Last Post: EverSpinning
  Augusta University Msc InfoSec Management <7k durain 13 1,269 07-11-2023, 10:40 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  UCMO: Online MS Occupational Safety Management 30-36 credit, $11.8K-$14.2K bjcheung77 6 796 05-18-2023, 09:04 PM
  Study MSc in Environmental Management for free with the Open University UK HVzR5 3 691 05-13-2023, 02:53 PM
Last Post: HVzR5
  WGU Master Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Imbanewbie 17 3,402 05-10-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 4 1,662 03-06-2023, 04:52 PM
  Asian institute of management mba soulblader 4 713 11-28-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  SRM Institute of Science and Technology - Online Master Offering durain 3 838 11-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: akr680