Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU Transfer Help
It's so rough to hear that people are having a hard time with their enrollment advisors. Mine is Anna Ferris, she has been so helpful and knowledgeable, and we talk almost every day.

Here's some resources I have, you're welcome to use:

- WGU equivalency guide for Saylor: https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Single.as...833&pid=46
- WGU equivalency guide for Straighterline: Western Governors University & StraighterLine - Degree Savings Partnership | StraighterLine
- WGU transfer guidelines for BS Business Mgmt: https://partners.wgu.edu/TransferGuideli...gement.pdf
- WGU transfer guidelines for BS Business-HR: https://partners.wgu.edu/TransferGuideli...gement.pdf

I have asked my enrollment advisor for CLEP & DSST equivalency guides, she says they're "a little outdated" so she's supposed to check their validity and send them to me soon. I will post for anyone who needs it.
WGU - BS Business, HR - Completed September 2017
WGU - MS, Management & Leadership - Started February 2018
I got an email that says "No transfer credit will be accepted once you begin your studies at WGU." Does anyone know if this applies to CLEP, DSST & Straighterline?

I'm led to believe that I'm to have all of my transcripts in to WGU by 1.5 months prior to my start date, and I wasn't planning on taking that much time off from my studies.
It is my understanding that once you are "in" you can't transfer anything else from anywhere else at all including CLEP and DSST. You don't have to take the 1.5 months off you could focus intensely on the topics you know will be foundational in the courses you are going to take in the Fall Semester. Or you could post-phone enrollment until you have all the transfer stuff done. The benefit of WGU is "IF" you can rapidly progress through courses your degree can end up costing you very little money. I work in fits and starts and so their model would not be to my advantage.
Don't forget that gaining college credit by taking exams is one of the reason's we're here. That's mainly possible through the flashcards made available by the owner of this forum : InstantCert Plus of course your hard work in learning and reviewing
Current Credits

Irish Education

FETAC Level 6 Adv Cert in Admin

Spreadsheets 5 U.S credits A ,Word Processing 2.5 U.S credits A
Business Management 5.0 U.S credits A Web Authoring 2.5 U.S credits A Communications 5.0 U.S credits A Manual and Computerized Bookkeeping 2.5 U.S Credits A

ECDL (European Computer Drivers License) ICS SKILLS 5 credits

Strayer University Marketing 100 (paid for by Starbucks) A 4.5 quarter hours
CLEP U.S History I 74, U.S History II 69, Western Civ II 61, Western Civ I 64, HG&D 60, Humanities 60, biz law 67,Am Gov 57.
DSST: Biz ethics & s 450, Art WW 424
EC CCS 120 A , EC ENG 101 A, EC BUS 312 H.R A , EC ENG 102 A,
B&M ACC 151 B, B&M ACC 152 (starting) Nat Scies,
jessikalauren Wrote:I got an email that says "No transfer credit will be accepted once you begin your studies at WGU." Does anyone know if this applies to CLEP, DSST & Straighterline?

I'm led to believe that I'm to have all of my transcripts in to WGU by 1.5 months prior to my start date, and I wasn't planning on taking that much time off from my studies.

Yes, it applies to any outside credit. Once you're officially enrolled, that's it.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks everyone! I just got off the phone with my advisor, she is very quick in responding so it's been a huge help. I went crazy when DSST had their promotion "buy two, get one free" and bought nine exams a few weeks ago, I want to get through those as quickly as possible so they'll transfer to WGU in time.

Very unique experience this has been. I'll agree with other posters on this thread that I've learned way more from this forum than I've gathered from most other resources on the interwebs. Wish I'd done this a decade-plus ago.
jessikalauren Wrote:Thanks everyone! I just got off the phone with my advisor, she is very quick in responding so it's been a huge help. I went crazy when DSST had their promotion "buy two, get one free" and bought nine exams a few weeks ago, I want to get through those as quickly as possible so they'll transfer to WGU in time.

Very unique experience this has been. I'll agree with other posters on this thread that I've learned way more from this forum than I've gathered from most other resources on the interwebs. Wish I'd done this a decade-plus ago.

Yes it is... the webbernet is very helpful, and this forum is a treasure chest in disguise... just got to start digging for information!
Since you're DSST'ing, you might want continue CLEP'ing as well since Modern States is offering it FREE (a few subjects at least)...
Do all the courses you can handle and transfer, then submit it for evaluation credit BEFORE you enroll at WGU, you'll be fine...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 133 Yesterday, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,077 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 609 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 686 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 2,853 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 946 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Sophia's Visual Communcation and Introduction to Information Technology WGU Transfer? OP88 4 1,592 05-16-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UoPeople to WGU Transfer EDUxplorer 9 2,269 01-09-2023, 10:43 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ASU UL classes transfer to WGU sprout18 10 1,612 09-02-2022, 02:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia.org python transfer to wgu (cloud computing) Clepking100 6 2,085 07-19-2022, 03:19 PM
Last Post: LevelUP