Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden PhD in Management - Completion (ACBSP) - 1.25 years - $18,650
There are numerous PhD completion programs out there, I've noted a few that interest me, here's another one!
Program Link https://www.waldenu.edu/online-doctoral-...on-program

I'm all about the ROI/Value factor, I wonder how long it would take the VUL DHA program and their school to become "RA", that $15K price tag is really appealing...  So, while I wait for it, I was thinking if I do everything but "graduate" from the program, if those courses would transfer into this Walden PhD in Management.  Even though the DHA is a doctorate degree, having a PhD on the resume looks better.

My current thoughts are the following: Walden MS Psychology > UCN PhD Psychology for $8900 and also Walden MBA ACBSP > VUL DHA for $15K (Finish when RA) - Walden is right now the most affordable competency based degree provider with their 50% tuition for the life of the program.  I wonder if that would give me a discount for the PhD completion program, so if it gets cheaper than $18,650 that would be amazing!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Good find, although I would be concern as the more time it takes you the more you pay.

Still I think that would be one of the easiest and affordable pathway.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
Last I read, the VUL price is not locked in. So if you take time off and come back, you will have to pay the increase in tuition for the new semester. They wrote that the increase is expected to be 8% per year.

Walden seems to have no real issues until it comes to their doctoral programs. There have been a lot of reports over the years of the program being dragged out indefinitely and charges racking up, with a committee that is hard to access and changes frequently.
Keep in mind Walden is in the process of being sold so changes may be coming in the next year. Might be the push someone needs to get a degree completed or mostly completed.
(09-18-2020, 09:21 AM)eLearner Wrote: Last I read, the VUL price is not locked in. So if you take time off and come back, you will have to pay the increase in tuition for the new semester. They wrote that the increase is expected to be 8% per year.

Walden seems to have no real issues until it comes to their doctoral programs. There have been a lot of reports over the years of the program being dragged out indefinitely and charges racking up, with a committee that is hard to access and changes frequently.
Walden does seem to swap staff around quite a bit. It doesn't make any real difference in the competency based masters, unless it happens when you are in the middle of revising a submission....and even then, you typically get 1-2 weeks notice. I could see those staff changes being a nightmare if you were trying to complete a thesis, though.
I'm currently in a PhD walden pyschology program. I chose it for two reasons

1) 25 credits from my walden master program was applied toward my PhD
2) Due to alumni status I currently get 50% off tuition

Unless another program can match that. I'm stuck at Walden.
[-] The following 1 user Likes xspect's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
(09-18-2020, 08:11 PM)xspect Wrote: I'm currently in a PhD walden pyschology program. I chose it for two reasons

1) 25 credits from my walden master program was applied toward my PhD
2) Due to alumni status I currently get 50% off tuition

Unless another program can match that. I'm stuck at Walden.

Hey xspect!

1) Why did they only apply 25 credits from the master to the PhD program? The website says that you could transfer a maximum of between 45 and 55 credits depending on the particular psychology PhD program..
2) 50% off tuition is great! Although the website isn't too clear on exactly how much everything will cost..
3) Why "stuck" at Walden? Are you not happy with the program or the University?

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 1 user Likes OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • videogamesrock
(09-17-2020, 06:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I'm all about the ROI/Value factor, I wonder how long it would take the VUL DHA program and their school to become "RA", that $15K price tag is really appealing...  So, while I wait for it, I was thinking if I do everything but "graduate" from the program, if those courses would transfer into this Walden PhD in Management.

Why do you believe VUL will become regionally accredited?
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
Hey xspect!

1) Why did they only apply 25 credits from the master to the PhD program? The website says that you could transfer a maximum of between 45 and 55 credits depending on the particular psychology PhD program..

Different classes plus I transferred in 25 credits for my tempo master in psych from my MBA. So I not complaining I was already ahead.

2) 50% off tuition is great! Although the website isn't too clear on exactly how much everything will cost..

Its nowhere and I mean nowhere on the website or in catalogs. I read about it someplace on degree forums and I just kept pushing until they gave it to me. 

My original plan was to get as many cheap credits from Walden then transfer to Liberty. I live in the very deep south. Having a degree from liberty is a plus.
(09-21-2020, 09:17 AM)xspect Wrote: Hey xspect!

Different classes plus I transferred in 25 credits for my tempo master in psych from my MBA. So I not complaining I was already ahead.

Its nowhere and I mean nowhere on the website or in catalogs. I read about it someplace on degree forums and I just kept pushing until they gave it to me. 

My original plan was to get as many cheap credits from Walden then transfer to Liberty. I live in the very deep south. Having a degree from liberty is a plus.

This is amazing! Congrats to you on starting your PhD program!!
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Westcliff University DBA - RA, ACBSP for $16.5k armado 4 517 01-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: armado
  Spain Inter-University Doctoral Programme in Business & Management durain 3 756 11-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Doctor of Management (DM) - 42 Credits/TRACS - about $16K USD bjcheung77 8 2,090 06-15-2023, 11:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Computer Science and Engineering Management PhDs at CapTech sanantone 19 2,126 04-20-2022, 06:57 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Dissertation-Only DBA in Supply Chain Management sanantone 4 1,166 01-13-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Emporia PhD Library & Info Management (3 concentrations) bjcheung77 2 893 12-28-2021, 11:23 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Complete D.Min in Less than 1.5 Years - No MDiv or Ministry Experience Required sanantone 1 1,279 09-04-2021, 12:48 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Degree Completion Program for PhD tripsigg 3 1,335 12-24-2016, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bluebooger