Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walden ePortfolio
For anyone in the Walden programs, are any of you actually using the ePortfolio? 

Any online schools/classes I have taken in the past we just turned in assignments and participated in the discussion boards. I am not really sure how/why to use this ePortfolio. If I put something in there can anyone see it? I don't know whether I should even bother with it. Without it doing something handy like tracking citations, I am not sure what I would actually use it for...
MBA, Walden University (In progress)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
https://www.waldenu.edu/experience/student-resources

That link provides a little bit of information about the eportfolio. I wish I could be of more assistance but surely someone else in the program will have more information.

Masters of Business Administration (MBA) - Management
Southeastern Oklahoma State University
AACSB-Accredited
Expected June 30, 2019

Courses Completed (10/12 - 4.0 GPA):
Principle Centered Leadership and Ethics
Contemporary Issues of Management
Research Methods
Management Information Systems
Competitive Advantage and Strategies
Accounting for Managers
Data Analysis for Managers
Financial Management
Marketing Management
Strategic Management

Courses Remaining (2/12):
Managerial Economics
Behavioral Management

Bachelors of Science (BS) - Biology
East Central University
Conferred 2015
(12-16-2018, 07:11 PM)ThatBankDude Wrote: https://www.waldenu.edu/experience/student-resources

That link provides a little bit of information about the eportfolio. I wish I could be of more assistance but surely someone else in the program will have more information.

I saw that but it's pretty vague. I haven't seen anything that explains who can see the ePortfolio nor anything that details how the tracking works. I just don't want to be creating extra work for myself if this thing is unnecessary and rather pointless. Of course, this is where I also am thinking in terms of past portfolios that were just e-mailed as PDFs... which really confuses me as to why I should bother with an ePortfolio of any sort unless it's something I host on my own website. I think I am wanting to be clued into what I am missing that would actually be a reason to use this and how to best make use of it.
MBA, Walden University (In progress)
2016 TESU, BA-LIBST, Emphases in Multimedia Comm./Human & Social Services
TESU TECEPS: Abnormal Psych PSY-350, Psych of Women PSY-270, Sales Mgmnt MAR-322, Advertising MAR-323, Marketing COM-210; Capstone w/ Ciacco
Other Sources: CLEP, Art Portfolio, 3 Comm. Colleges, 2 Art Colleges,  FEMA, AICPCU Ethics
this sounded familiar from another program i once considered....

it appears as though this works the same....for some programs the eportfolio is a required component before graduation ( https://catalog.waldenu.edu/content.php?...void=45078 )

for other programs, if it is available to you, i guess they see it as a service you'd just want to use to just because of the "benefits" of it....lol

.....so yeah you're better off hosting it yourself if it is ever something you find a need for.
I'm not using it as it was vague and looked like work without benefit. I'm in the MHA program - better go back and see if it's required Smile
Denise

MHA - Walden University - Started 12/3/18 - Plan to finish in two terms Idea  I think I can, I think I can...
BS Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
AS Licensed Vocational Nursing, Mesa College 1989
Certificate Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

And, a MBA after the MHA, thenwhen I'm 70 years old, I will finish my RN, just to say I did it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Walden MBAs Discussion & Accountability SweetSecret 13 556 03-07-2019, 03:24 PM
Last Post: elbebopkid
  Walden U - MHA - Start date 12/3 Accountability and Experience GoodYellowDogs 18 1,019 03-04-2019, 02:46 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  First Term Free at Walden! sanantone 197 7,550 02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Walden University - Competency Based MBA Program allvia 18 894 12-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Walden University Masters in Education review? frostedfire 2 743 03-27-2017, 10:08 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Anyone Heard About Walden's Competency Program - Tempo Learning $199 per month Saharapost 22 3,461 01-27-2017, 10:38 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Walden Universtiy, opinions? MisterE 12 465 08-24-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: Prloko
  Walden's Competency-Based MS in Early Childhood Studies sanantone 3 293 02-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Last Post: alleycat