Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was pursuing my BSBA in CIS but decided to knock out ASBA first.
I surprisingly had 45 credits eligible for transfer over to TESU. I am working towards my BSBA in CIS but was given advice on finishing up with my Associates first. Listed below are the courses that I identified as needing for my ASBA (only 23 credits apply to ASBA) I wanted to see if I can get any feedback on easier options. I've seen some suggestions of CLEP and DSST but aren't those for if you had prior knowledge of the subject? That being said I finished my first Straighterline course Accounting 101 already. It was pretty easy but took me a few weeks to finish since I have a full time job taking up alot of my time. Thanks in advance.

Straighterline
English Composition II - ENG102
Introduction to Communication - COM101
Introduction to Religion - REL101
Introduction to Sociology - SOC101
Business Ethics - BUS106
American Government - POLS101
Accounting I - ACC101
Accounting I - ACC102
Business Law - BUS110
Principles of Management - BUS201

Study.com
Business 102: Principles of Marketing
Business 109: Intro to Computing
If you get the ASBA and BSBA, it is likely to cost you two residency waiver fees. You have some B&M credits, right? I would see if you can get an BOG Associates degree. They are basically free. They don't have many specific course requirements.

Ideas Wrote:If you get the ASBA and BSBA, it is likely to cost you two residency waiver fees. You have some B&M credits, right? I would see if you can get an BOG Associates degree. They are basically free. They don't have many specific course requirements.

What is bog
Collegelady2 Wrote:What is bog

Board of Governors'

There are a few threads on them. They are from different WV schools.

Ideas Wrote:Board of Governors'

There are a few threads on them. They are from different WV schools.

I would only recommend the BOG AAS to individuals who are either
1) not going for a Bachelors (as it's supposedly deemed a terminal degree) or
2) they have at least 12 credits required completed at a regionally accredited school

So, for anyone who starts from scratch and using ACE/NCCRS credits, that WONT work
For these people, I recommend going for the AA/AS on route to the Bachelors at the Big 3
Another option is to complete the AA on route to a Bachelors from the Competency Degree providers
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Vin Wrote:I surprisingly had 45 credits eligible for transfer over to TESU. I am working towards my BSBA in CIS but was given advice on finishing up with my Associates first.

Who gave you this advice? That would help in figuring out if you actually need it or not. My advice, unless your company is saying that they're going to fire you if you don't have an AA in the next 3 months, is to skip the AA and go straight tot he BA.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Who gave you this advice? That would help in figuring out if you actually need it or not. My advice, unless your company is saying that they're going to fire you if you don't have an AA in the next 3 months, is to skip the AA and go straight tot he BA.

This advice came from one of the folks who work at TESU.

I didn't realize I would have to pay 2 residency waiver fees. If that's the case I'm just going to go straight for my BSBA. I am now 48 credits in. 72 to go. I'd like to knock this out as soon as possible.
Vin Wrote:This advice came from one of the folks who work at TESU.

I didn't realize I would have to pay 2 residency waiver fees. If that's the case I'm just going to go straight for my BSBA. I am now 48 credits in. 72 to go. I'd like to knock this out as soon as possible.

Always remember that colleges don't really have an incentive for you to finish early. They continue to make money for as long as you're enrolled.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I confirmed with TESU you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee once. That being said is their any reason not to do this?
Vin Wrote:I confirmed with TESU you will only have to pay the residency waiver fee once. That being said is their any reason not to do this?

Well, I hope it was the Bursar who confirmed it, because that's who's in charge of this, and who just told another member that it only counted for a single degree.

If there's no second fee, then you can certainly do it. I personally would not, because I wouldn't want to pay the $1800 for an AA, but that's me. Unless your employer is forcing you to get a fast AA for some reason, it's not worth the cost.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,037 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Saylor/TESU Discount Residency Waiver Fee for ASBA jumpstart 7 3,069 08-21-2018, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Mab81
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,670 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,291 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 5,023 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,502 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,149 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,534 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,828 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98