Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with the Petersons?!
I did try that. The usernames and passwords I found didn't do any good in terms of access to the Peterson's exams. They must be limited to only certain logins.

purpleteen Wrote:I just went into this site and when it asked me to put in a library card (after clicking testing and education) I just clicked on "resources provided by INSPIRE" and it let me in. Click on Testing and Education again then College Prep Tools then CLEP or DSST.

Are you located in Indiana? For me (not in Indiana) it says this:

Your IP address is not recognized as being inside the state of Indiana. Please enter your username and password.

Mian Wrote:Are you located in Indiana? For me (not in Indiana) it says this:

Your IP address is not recognized as being inside the state of Indiana. Please enter your username and password.
No I'm in New York. But they never ask me to put in a username and password: it's always logged on-I don't know why. I'm on my friend's computer who never used Peterson's so it can't be that I logged in to her username...
That is strange.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
Yeah, strange. I guess the algorithm that checks the IP address is imperfect. Still, it's a big bummer because I really found those practice tests useful Sad

Chebasaz Wrote:That's the second time someone has said that in the last two days. It looks like they're closing access to that portal.

I'd like to fix this instead of just pointing someone to the DoD site. As I've mentioned before, unless you qualify to use the DoD portal you shouldn't use it. Doing so takes money away from those who do qualify.

Try this one instead: New Link this goes through another library and doesn't ask me for any card number.

Let me know if it does for you.

It doesn't work for me. It says my IP address is not recognized as one from Indiana, so I suppose that you have to be a resident. Thanks for your help!
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Social Sciences and History
Humanities
Principles of Marketing
Natural Sciences
Introductory Sociology
Introductory Psychology
Computer Applications and Information Services
English Composition General
Principles of Management
American Government
American Literature
College Mathematics
US History I
US History II
Western Civ II
Western Civ I
College Algebra
Biology
Analyzing and Interpreting Lit.

"Acta est finite. Plaudite."

"Aut Viam Inveniam, Aut Faciam" -Hannibal
I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm about to get buried in Emails. :leaving:

Ah well, I guess this is just motivation to make new practice tests. Maybe someone will find another link that works. Hopefully?
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Those of us who don't pay Indiana taxes never should have had access to commercial resources paid for by the taxpayers of the State of Indiana. It was only a matter of time.

Hopefully you downloaded all of the study guides and tests in pdf files in anticipation of this inevitable outcome.
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
clep3705 Wrote:Those of us who don't pay Indiana taxes never should have had access to commercial resources paid for by the taxpayers of the State of Indiana. It was only a matter of time.

Hopefully you downloaded all of the study guides and tests in pdf files in anticipation of this inevitable outcome.

Of course you're right, and I wish I had downloaded the tests but alas I didn't. Sad

Mian Wrote:Of course you're right, and I wish I had downloaded the tests but alas I didn't. Sad
How do you download it...maybe I can email it to you...
EDIT: nvm...it stopped working for me too Sad I 'll try to see if it works on my friend's computer again tomorrow
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
From what I remember about how it was set up, it would probably involve a lot of clicking, copying and pasting. I could only review the questions with answers/explanations one at a time. So afaik there's really no easy way to download them or I'm sure I would have done it! I wouldn't expect you or anyone to go to all that trouble, though. I'm sure I can get by without them. Thanks tho!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study site, Study.com or Petersons btinnc 0 864 03-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Last Post: btinnc
  Anyone have experience with the Western Civ Petersons exams? zapproximator 1 1,376 01-12-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: clep3705
  Petersons Test Scoring davemodular 0 628 06-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Last Post: davemodular
  Differences in Scoring Petersons Practice Tests and CLEP Tests kcre101 4 2,500 07-20-2014, 06:40 PM
Last Post: lavender.pt
  If you pass all three Petersons practice tests....is it even necessary to study? lkm370 4 947 07-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  i need help accesssing petersons!!! freightop 4 1,370 01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Lyanne
  Petersons Test cdhill 0 634 12-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Last Post: cdhill
  Petersons Free Practice Tests SAL 16 2,110 11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: bricabrac
  Petersons English Literature kimberose 0 774 09-19-2011, 07:32 AM
Last Post: kimberose
  Petersons Tests for DSST CJ and Intro to Law Enforcement pacifictmk 10 2,142 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Last Post: NAP