Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do for "Snow Day?"
Hmm, so... I went out with the kids/wife to cleanup the sidewalk and driveway... 
We may go to the park where there's a little hill for them to snowboard and play.

For those that are snowed in... What are you all up to? I am thinking of watching a warm movie, The Grinch, haha!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2...17911cb2af
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I live in Florida. What is this "snow" you speak of?
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • cookderosa, jsd, Sapientes
little cold here in North Carolina too - dipped into the 40's last night. Brrrr.
LOL, sorry, I spent 40 years of my life up to my eyeballs in snow every winter, not missing it one bit.
A couple of close friends have been prodding me to watch the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Since work was canceled (I work for the school district which was snowed out), I'm ahead on my CC classes, and I'm snowed in so can't go to the gym, I have quite a bit of free time today. So I'm watching Fellowship of the Ring. 80 minutes down, 148 to go...
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(02-12-2019, 02:22 PM)quigongene Wrote: I live in Florida.  What is this "snow" you speak of?

I think it is something like rain, but lighter. That's about the worst we get here on the California coast.

On a related note, in the most recent storm we actually got hail for a few seconds... that was a bit unusual.

When I lived in Virginia, we used to get snowed in every few years, but that is why we had a snow shovel and a big 4-wheel drive vehicle. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • quigongene
the right answer, of course, is to rock out some college credit Wink
I vote to break out hot cocoa and the board games!

And I too, am wondering what "snow" is, I live in San Diego and all we know is "sunny" and "cloudy now, but will probably be sunny later"!!!  Tongue
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • quigongene
Every day is a snow day in Minnesota.  The only question is "how much will we get today?" Today I had to dig out our mailbox because the snow plow buried it. Completely buried. No complaints. You get used to it.
It was a chilly 80 degrees today Wink
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Texas can go from being 70 degrees one day to being 25 degrees the next. When you live south of the panhandle and the DFW area, you only get snow days every decade or so. Austin received snow two or three times in the past five years, so that's unusual. What we normally have every year are ice days. We don't have snow tires or tire chains down here because we would rarely use them. So, when there's a little ice on the ground, everything shuts down.

Most of the jobs I've had have required 24-hour coverage. One job made us work from home if we had our work laptops with us. If I got a snow/ice day this year, I'd probably watch Netflix or make progress on a Lynda.com/LinkedIn Learning course.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P