Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to send transcripts from Sophia or SDC to TESU
I promise, I searched for this topic prior to posting...
I am registered with TESU, have a student ID, and I am currently taking coursed from both Sophia and Study.com but I want to know if it is better to hold on to them prior to sending or is it better to send after each class completion?

Also, I am in the BSBA Accounting program for 2018 and I am searching for an equivalent to Federal Taxation and Auditing. Has anyone found these?

Thanks
For Sophia you need to set up an ACE account. You get one free transcript sent from ACE to wherever you want, then it's $15 each time you send them after that. Study is also ACE approved (for most courses), so I would add them to ACE for free just so you have a record, but you can submit a transcript from Study directly to TESU for free upon course completion, so I just did that at the end of each course.

I also paid the small fee and just submitted ACE to TESU anytime I got a few courses added on there. Doing this isn't necessary, (you could wait until you have all your courses and submit all at once for free) but for the small price I'd rather have piece of mind and get them on my official transcript ASAP before they decide to not accept something anymore. Or if ACE stopped working for some strange reason. TESU has been changing what is accepted for certain degree programs and changing transfer equivalency for certain courses lately. I didn't want to be affected by that either by waiting to submit all at once.

TESU also takes a few weeks from transcript arrival to being put on your official transcript so keep that in mind. I ran into an issue where I couldn't register for the Capstone because all my credits weren't applied yet and you need 100 applied to your degree program to register for that course. TESU fixed it in 2 days after I showed them I had well above the requirement, but I almost had a problem with the course filling up and missing it until next term when my registration was blocked.
[-] The following 2 users Like rpmranger's post:
  • crotique, wgriffin81
I send Study.com transcripts as soon as I get the final grade, through the study.com system. I sent Sophia, through ACE, after my first 3 classes, and now just after finishing up the crazy bunch I took.
TESU BA.LSSS 121/121, BA.PSYCH 121/121, BA in Liberal Studies-Social Sciences and Psychology: March 2021 Graduation

Since 12/5/19:
CLEP: Intro Sociology - 62, Diversity, DSST: 1/6/20 Ethics in America - 440, 1/8/20 Intro World Religions - 470
Sophia: Intro to Statistics - 95%, & many credits...
Study.com: Ethics Social Sciences 90, Into Crim Justice 91, Criminal Law 90, Forensic Science 88, Social Psychology 94
InstantCert Credit: American Government, 91 4/14/2020
Coopersmith: Drugs and Society, Jewish Rabbinic Counseling, Hist and Sys of Psych, Modern Jewish American History, Physio Psych, Sociology of Jewish Food, JST-225 Laws of Blessings 9/16/22, BIB-376 Trees and Plants of the Bible 12/21/22
UExcel Social Psych: A, 1/26/21
TESU: SOS-110-OL 3 cr. A-99, APS-100-OL 1 cr A-97, PSY-331-EP 3 cr 87, PSY322 Research Exp Psych - A 95 3 cr, SOC291 Criminology A98 3 cr, PSY-300EP Thanatology 3 cr 80, HIS210GS Am Civil Rights Movement History 3 cr A, LIB-495OL Hansen A 3cr
TECEPs: PSY-270 2/3/20,  SOC-210 2/10/20, PSY-350 2/17/20, ETH-210
You only really NEED to send transcripts 2x a year: in early December and in mid-late May. TESU does catalog changes on January 1st and June 1st and any courses that aren't in place at that time might not be accepted after the next change. Sending transcripts from SDC costs nothing, so you might as well do that whenever you please. On the other hand, ACE transcripts cost $15 each and I want to minimize the costs in that regard. It's totally up to you, however. Save money or send transcripts a bit more frequently so that you have more motivation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • crotique
I recommend anything that your send in a transcript ASAP for anything currently transferring in as UL; especially if it is required for your AOS (which is the only place you need UL). History here shows that what comes in as UL today - may not be given UL credit tomorrow*. Most people are getting UL from SDC and it is free to send the transcripts directly anyway so there is negative to doing it as soon as you earn the credit (still add it to your ACE when possible vs NCCRS only).  Note this sending in as often as you'd like only works if you're an active/enrolled student - not just one who as applied (as you get limited transcript evaluations as an applied only student - take a TECEP or the Cornerstone and you're active 1 year - send transcripts as often as you'd like, being an active student has perks beyond locking the catalog year). Although I'm answering this specific to the OP's question on TESU - it is a good idea for any school.

*I have often recommended people get their UL credit (earned and transcribed) even before their LL just for this reason.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • wgriffin81
Based on my transcript evaluation they are applying 47 of my RA credits towards my degree. Not sure what they are doing with the other 13, but I guess I will have to figure that out later. I believe I am an active student even though I have not yet taken a TECEP or the Cornerstone (I didn't know I could do that yet).

When I look at my student profile, I don't see anything that indicated Active or not. Perhaps I should give them a call to determine before I send. I really like the tip about UL credits being taken ASAP and the reasons why. I was focusing on those remaining LL and then was going to progress up to the UL.

I also read elsewhere that by sending from ACE, the grade will not transfer. But if you send directly, then the grade pulls in and affected your GPA. Is this correct?
Quote:I also read elsewhere that by sending from ACE, the grade will not transfer. But if you send directly, then the grade pulls in and affected your GPA. Is this correct?

Only for COSC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tjguitar85's post:
  • warriortaupou
(09-06-2020, 05:54 PM)AZDan Wrote: Based on my transcript evaluation they are applying 47 of my RA credits towards my degree. Not sure what they are doing with the other 13, but I guess I will have to figure that out later. I believe I am an active student even though I have not yet taken a TECEP or the Cornerstone (I didn't know I could do that yet).

When I look at my student profile, I don't see anything that indicated Active or not. Perhaps I should give them a call to determine before I send. I really like the tip about UL credits being taken ASAP and the reasons why. I was focusing on those remaining LL and then was going to progress up to the UL.

I also read elsewhere that by sending from ACE, the grade will not transfer. But if you send directly, then the grade pulls in and affected your GPA. Is this correct?

The only alternative credit I've had come in with a letter grade was from Excelsior Uexcel exams.

Coopersmith, Study.com, Straighterline, CLEP, TECEP, and so on have only came in as Credit.
Thanks for the clarification on the alternative credit transfers.

Here is my new plan for my remaining BSBA Accounting with 47 credits applied:

1. Focus on completing all UL courses first. Use SDC and Sophia as main sources.
1a. I am not a fan of the layout and function of Straighterline but will use if I need to.
2. Send in transcripts to TESU immediately following each course completion using ACE.
2. Complete the two courses I am currently taking from Arizona State Univ. in mid October and transfer credits immediately.
3. After all is mapped, I am only missing a source for Accounting Electives.
5. Complete BSBA in Spring 2021.
AZDan, you're getting there, those are great steps to a workable plan, I have questions and recommendations. Are you going for Accounting, another AOS, or General Management? At the end of the day, when you're done with these courses, you basically get a Business Administration degree with a concentration in an area of study. The major still is just in Business Admin...

Do you have tuition assistance/reimbursement from work? Are you planning to pay the residency waiver fee or are you planning to take the 16 credits (or more) instead? Doing the courses will give you an internal GPA. Do you know your catalog year, is it really 2018 or something else for the BSBA?

1) Log into TESU OSS and see what programs are showing in your academic evaluation, see if you have more than 1
2) Copy/paste the evaluations (without your personal details of course) to verify catalog year and credits transferred
3) Yes, You should focus mainly on Sophia.org for Lower Level, Study.com for Upper Level requirements
4) Other options: InstantCertCredit for Civic Engagement/College Algebra, CSM Learn for Stats, Davar/Saylor, etc
5) Create a spreadsheet or download one that I have created in my Signature and modify/update it, paste it in a reply
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 682 Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 176 Yesterday, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,587 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 623 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 556 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 281 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,331 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 414 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 314 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az