Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to put Intro to Bus in Degree Plan?
Well, here goes:  Nervous about posting my "homework" for everyone to "grade" - my personalized degree plan for TESU BSBA - Marketing. :-) I've spent dozens of hours reading here and combing through the degree plans (and wikis) but still feel very unsure... I would be most grateful for advice and input!  Thank you!

GEN ED REQ                                                                  
Intell Prac Skills                               
Written Comm *COMPLETED English Composition 1+2 SOPHIA
Oral Comm ONU
Quant Lit COMPLETED College Algebra SOPHIA
Info Lit Cornerstone TESU  
Civic-Global                                                                        
Diversity/Intercultural Lit COMPLETEDIntro Sociology SOPHIA
Ethics - Intro Ethics SOPHIA
Civic Engagement - Am Gov ONU     
Humanities-social sciences
Art History I COMPLETED SOPHIA
U.S. History I COMPLETED SOPHIA
Intro Psychology COMPLETED SOPHIA
Physical-Natural World
Nat-Sciences:  Environmental Science ONU
Intro Biology COMPLETED  SOPHIA
Math COMPLETED Quantitative Literacy CSMLearn
 Gen Ed Electives
U.S. History II COMPLETED  SOPHIA  
Art History II  COMPLETED  SOPHIA
Approaches Studying Religion COMPLETED  SOPHIA
BIB-105 Intro Christianity ONU
BIB-215 Understanding Bible ONU
GEO-121 Geography ONU
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS                             
Accounting:  Financial Acc SOPHIA + Managerial Acc: Acct II SL?
Business Law COMPLETED SOPHIA
Management:  Intro Proj Man SOPHIA
Computer Concepts:  COMPLETE Intro Info Technology SOPHIA
Intro Marketing:  MAR-102 Principles of Marketing SDC 
Finance:  Principles of Finance SOPHIA
Bus-Soc-Interntl Man:  BUS-120 International Business SDC    
Macroeconomics COMPLETED  SOPHIA
Microeconomics COMPLETED SOPHIA
Bus/Man Comm:  BUS-324 Managerial Communications  SDC   
BUSINESS CAPSTONE  TESU
MARKETING AOS                                                                            
RESEARCH REQ:  MAR-301 Marketing Research SDC
MARKETING ELECTIVES
BUS-202 Intro to E-commerce SDC           
MAR-302 Consumer Behavior (UL) SDC       
MAR-303 Global Marketing (UL) SDC 
MAR-306 Principles of Selling (UL) SDC     
MAR-308 Applied Marketing (UL) SDC
 FREE ELECTIVES                                              
FIN-105 Fine Arts ONU
FAC-126 Nutrition, Health, Fitness ONU
(05-04-2021, 04:30 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: Well, here goes:  Nervous about posting my "homework" for everyone to "grade" - my personalized degree plan for TESU BSBA - Marketing. :-) I've spent dozens of hours reading here and combing through the degree plans (and wikis) but still feel very unsure... I would be most grateful for advice and input!  Thank you!

GEN ED REQ                                                                  
Intell Prac Skills                               
Written Comm *COMPLETED English Composition 1+2 SOPHIA
Oral Comm ONU
Quant Lit COMPLETED College Algebra SOPHIA
Info Lit Cornerstone TESU  
Civic-Global                                                                        
Diversity/Intercultural Lit COMPLETEDIntro Sociology SOPHIA
Ethics - Intro Ethics SOPHIA
Civic Engagement - Am Gov ONU     
Humanities-social sciences
Art History I COMPLETED SOPHIA
U.S. History I COMPLETED SOPHIA
Intro Psychology COMPLETED SOPHIA
Physical-Natural World
Nat-Sciences:  Environmental Science ONU
Intro Biology COMPLETED  SOPHIA
Math COMPLETED Quantitative Literacy CSMLearn
 Gen Ed Electives
U.S. History II COMPLETED  SOPHIA  
Art History II  COMPLETED  SOPHIA
Approaches Studying Religion COMPLETED  SOPHIA
BIB-105 Intro Christianity ONU
BIB-215 Understanding Bible ONU
GEO-121 Geography ONU
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS                             
Accounting:  Financial Acc SOPHIA + Managerial Acc: Acct II SL?
Business Law COMPLETED SOPHIA
Management:  Intro Proj Man SOPHIA
Computer Concepts:  COMPLETE Intro Info Technology SOPHIA
Intro Marketing:  MAR-102 Principles of Marketing SDC 
Finance:  Principles of Finance SOPHIA
Bus-Soc-Interntl Man:  BUS-120 International Business SDC    
Macroeconomics COMPLETED  SOPHIA
Microeconomics COMPLETED SOPHIA
Bus/Man Comm:  BUS-324 Managerial Communications  SDC   
BUSINESS CAPSTONE  TESU
MARKETING AOS                                                                            
RESEARCH REQ:  MAR-301 Marketing Research SDC
MARKETING ELECTIVES
BUS-202 Intro to E-commerce SDC           
MAR-302 Consumer Behavior (UL) SDC       
MAR-303 Global Marketing (UL) SDC 
MAR-306 Principles of Selling (UL) SDC     
MAR-308 Applied Marketing (UL) SDC
 FREE ELECTIVES                                              
FIN-105 Fine Arts ONU
FAC-126 Nutrition, Health, Fitness ONU

Another idea for Gen ed electives is instead of ONU is to do TECEPs for Ra credit. It is a single exam and I've heard both the computer concepts and liberal arts math are easy ones. If you know the TECEPs subject well enough it could be quicker and easier than ONU. TECEPs do count as RA credit.
There are so many variables in play, it's best to keep things to a minimum number of providers.  So, I would recommend skipping StraighterLine as you're paying for one course and a monthly membership would be a waste - I advise sticking with Sophia.org and Study.com and if you prefer taking courses TEL Learning/ONU or if you're into exams, TECEPS/UEXCELS.  Anyways, it's all personal preference for you.  Here are my recommendations...

1) You may want to take a look at the TECEPS and take a few instead of taking the course at ONU/TEL Learning:  https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
2) You have listed Sophia Project Management in the Principles of Management field - that won't work!  Take this at Study.com instead...
3) I'm not sure why you're taking an Upper Level BUS 324 Managerial Comm, take the Study.com BUS 113 - Business Communications...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-04-2021, 05:41 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: There are so many variables in play, it's best to keep things to a minimum number of providers.  So, I would recommend skipping StraighterLine as you're paying for one course and a monthly membership would be a waste - I advise sticking with Sophia.org and Study.com and if you prefer taking courses TEL Learning/ONU or if you're into exams, TECEPS/UEXCELS.  Anyways, it's all personal preference for you.  Here are my recommendations...

1) You may want to take a look at the TECEPS and take a few instead of taking the course at ONU/TEL Learning:  https://www2.tesu.edu/listalltecep.php
2) You have listed Sophia Project Management in the Principles of Management field - that won't work!  Take this at Study.com instead...
3) I'm not sure why you're taking an Upper Level BUS 324 Managerial Comm, take the Study.com BUS 113 - Business Communications...
Thank you VERY much for pointing those things out, I will change them on my plan.  Really don't want to make the plan harder than it has to be!!  I chose ONU over exams because I am an extremely nervous test taker.  ONU sounded "safe" and affordable so that is why I put those courses on my plan.  I am hoping others will blaze the trail before I get there and review the courses and also report on how they transfer in before I need them :-).  I had heard that StraighterLine might be more "test" friendly than SDC, but you are right, I am going to be taking the other courses through SDC so I might as well jump in.  Other than those issues, are there any others that should be addressed?  I am very grateful for the help!
I agree with bjcheung77 on the PM course, and the Business Comm course.

I would also swap out one of the UL Marketing courses for BUS 203: Intro to Retail Merchandising, as it's LL and will be easier.

Other than that, it looks good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Edited because my comment was already said a few times. There weren't any comments when I posted weird.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(05-04-2021, 07:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I agree with bjcheung77 on the PM course, and the Business Comm course.

I would also swap out one of the UL Marketing courses for BUS 203: Intro to Retail Merchandising, as it's LL and will be easier.

Other than that, it looks good.
Thank you, I’ll change out the MAR-308 Applied Marketing course for BUS-203 Intro to Marketing.

Also, just double-checking on my other changes, making sure I understood correctly:  
Changed SL Managerial Acc (ACC-102 Intro to Man. Acc) to SDC
Changed the Sophia course listed for Management to SDC course BUS-102 Principles of Management
Changed UL Business Management Communications course for SDC BUS-113 Business Communications. 
Very grateful for help and guidance!
Maybe this will help someone else out?  While several of the errors in my degree plan were due to honest ignorance :-), one question I was asked was why I had chosen BUS 324 Managerial Communications instead of a lower level course.  Just wanted to let you (y’all) know I chose BUS-324 because it is the one recommended on the wiki.  The only other choice was MAN-390 Managerial Comm from Davar, another upper level course.  I honestly didn’t know I could choose a LL.  I'm delighted to exchange the UL for a LL course, thanks to input here.  BTW, I think the wiki is amazing and very helpful, I constantly referred to it.
Thanks for pointing out the wiki issue. I thought I had changed all of them before but, apparently, I changed none of them?! Well, they all have Business 113 now!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 288 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 241 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,757 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 350 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 498 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,264 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM